ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA family member and naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

slough_Boy

EEA family member and naturalisation

Post by slough_Boy » Sat May 10, 2014 6:59 pm

Hi all,
My six years from date of marriage with an EEA national will complete in OCT 2014.
I have EEA4 -PR since Dec-2013.
My EEA wife has PR since March-2013.
I know if I apply in OCt-2014, I need to show 5 years proof of exercising treaty right of an EEA national but do not need to show again if I apply in DEC-2014.
My question is
If I apply BC in OCT 2014, MY wife's PR will not only be sufficient to prove she had been exercising treaty rights for 5 years instead of submitting whole of bundle of documents(same as same for EEA3).>????

Thanks in Advance.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: EEA family member and naturalisation

Post by askmeplz82 » Sat May 10, 2014 7:37 pm

You do not have to. Just send her PR + your 6 years UK residence proof as a family member of an EU
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

slough_Boy

Post by slough_Boy » Sat May 10, 2014 8:49 pm

askmeplz82 wrote:You do not have to. Just send her PR + your 6 years UK residence proof as a family member of an EU
Thanks for your quick reply.

Can you please tell me which documents will be sufficient ?
and Can I apply 30 days before the due date?

slough_Boy

Post by slough_Boy » Sun May 11, 2014 8:11 pm

Any suggestions .....

SouthWest1

Post by SouthWest1 » Sun May 11, 2014 8:19 pm

slough_Boy wrote:
askmeplz82 wrote:You do not have to. Just send her PR + your 6 years UK residence proof as a family member of an EU

1- Marriage certificate, EU ID/Passport, your 6 years residence evidence ( P60, council tax letters...). ( send her P60 too just in case)
2- no you can not apply 30 days in advance. your 6 years count back from the date HO receives your application.

Advice: apply via NCS . if any issues, they will inform you plus you keep all your documents

slough_Boy

Post by slough_Boy » Mon May 26, 2014 10:30 pm

SouthWest1 wrote:
slough_Boy wrote:

1- Marriage certificate, EU ID/Passport, your 6 years residence evidence ( P60, council tax letters...). ( send her P60 too just in case)
2- no you can not apply 30 days in advance. your 6 years count back from the date HO receives your application.

Advice: apply via NCS . if any issues, they will inform you plus you keep all your documents
THANKS" Southwest1" for your kind reply.
Is there anyone in this forum who applied naturalisation after six years of marriage and EEA spouse has PR(EEA3)?
if so please share your experience.
THANKS IN ADVANCE.

slough_Boy

Post by slough_Boy » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:35 am

THANKS" Southwest1" for your kind reply.
Is there anyone in this forum who applied naturalisation after six years of marriage and EEA spouse has PR(EEA3)?
if so please share your experience.
THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Any experiences ??

Sherdiplomat
Newly Registered

Post by Sherdiplomat » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:45 pm

Hi . I just got PR sticker on my passport . So after 12 month what kind of documents I should send to HO for naturalazation? Unfortunately I divorced with my eu wife and she left country and I have no contact with her. So can I apply for naturalazation without her documents if yes what kind of documents should I sent?