ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employment Letter for FLR(M) spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

imraheel

Employment Letter for FLR(M) spouse visa

Post by imraheel » Wed May 07, 2014 10:26 pm

Hi, I am gonna apply for FLR(M) spouse visa of my wife. Employment letter is required for this visa.
Can anyone please advise me is that this employment letter is compulsory or optional? Please advise.
Can I apply without having this employment letter?
Regards,

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Employment Letter for FLR(M) spouse visa

Post by Amber » Wed May 07, 2014 10:56 pm

Required.

See also, Annex FM 1.7 (click).
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

imraheel

Post by imraheel » Sun May 11, 2014 8:34 am

Thanks Amber for your reply.

Can you also please advise me that what information needs to be on employment letter for FLR (M) spouse visa?

Regards,

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun May 11, 2014 10:17 am

Page 33 wrote:(b) A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a) confirming:
(i) the person's employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of their employment;
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in
the application; and
(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

imraheel

Post by imraheel » Sun May 11, 2014 3:55 pm

Once again many thanks Amber for your reply.

I have earned gross salary of 20600 pounds in the last twelve months from two jobs. 4600 from job one and 16000 from second job.

But I have 0 hours contract from job one and 16 hours contract from second job. And, these contractual hours has been mentioned by my both employers on their's employment letters.

Can you or anyone else please advise me that are these employment letters ok to get FLR (M) spouse visa?
Please explain if necessary.

Thanks and best regards,

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun May 11, 2014 5:13 pm

Yes, I don't see why not.

imraheel

Post by imraheel » Sun May 11, 2014 9:37 pm

Thanks Amber again for your prompt reply.

As I said earlier that my gross salary of the last 12 months is 20600 while 18600 is the requirement.

From department of work and pension, my wife is getting the maternity allowance of 273 pounds in every two weeks since Dec 2013. Because she was working as self-employed.

I don't want to show her maternity allowance as my partner's earnings on FLR(M) form because my own salary is meeting the requirement of 18600 pounds.
Can I do this?? I mean that if home office comes to know while processing this FLR(M) application that I did not mention the maternity allowance intentionally, will they refuse the visa?
When replying me back, please also consider that I am gonna apply for FLR(M) spouse visa as premium service in croydon home office next week.

Thanks and regards,

mrploddy
Newly Registered

Post by mrploddy » Sun May 11, 2014 9:45 pm

UK V&I have access to both Department for Social Security & HMRC systems so they WILL know about it.

Not declaring income like that could lead to them looking in more depth at your application that what they might normally do as it might been as deliberately trying to mislead.

imraheel

Post by imraheel » Sun May 11, 2014 10:29 pm

Thanks for your reply.

Although, my wife's current visa has no resource to public funds. But maternity allowance is a permitted benefit and is considered as a legal benefit. The only reason I want to hide is that my own salary can meet the financial requirement of FLR (M) visa.

Is it ok to do so??????????
When replying me back, please also consider that I am gonna apply for FLR(M) spouse visa as premium service in croydon home office centre next week.

Thanks and regards,

mrploddy
Newly Registered

Post by mrploddy » Sun May 11, 2014 10:49 pm

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 2_0EXT.pdf

Page 8 of this document regarding public funds states that Maternity Allowance is NOT a public fund. You therefore have no reason not to hide this income.

Like I said you should not hide the fact you are receiving this as you will both be checked out on HMRC / DHSS systems - if they see you are receiving this money on their own checks and you don't declare it on your application form they may consider it an attempt to deceive and they will look at your application in more detail and could refuse it.

It is better to be 100% honest than try to hide things.

julian1972

Post by julian1972 » Mon May 12, 2014 12:22 am

If your earning exceeds the 18,600 and you wish to rely only on your earnings to meet the financial requirement, it's not mandatory that you must disclose your partner's earnings.