ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing employers - How much time to wait

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hectorgm7
Newly Registered

Changing employers - How much time to wait

Post by hectorgm7 » Fri May 09, 2014 6:16 pm

Hi,

I hope you can help me with the questions I have. I provide a bit of background below, which might help understand my situation and why I have the questions that I state in the bottom.

Thank you very much!

Background

I am currently studying on a Tier 4 visa (Expiring in October) and I will start working on September 2014 for UK Company A who will process my Tier 2 visa during July after receiving my degree.

Before this (June - August), I will work under my Tier 4 visa for UK Company B on an internship.

If Company B offers me a permanent position after my internship (not guaranteed), they would have to apply for a Tier 2 under change of employer because at that moment I be holding a (recently issued) Tier 2 visa to work for Company A.

Questions:
After I get my Tier 2 visa for Company A (perhaps in September or October), how long do I have to wait to apply for a change of employment i.e. for a Tier 2 visa for Company B?

Is there a minimum time you have to wait?

Does the fact that you have recently been issued a Tier 2 visa for Company A affect your chances of getting a Tier 2 visa for Company B?

Is there a maximum amount of Tier 2 visa applications an individual can do per year?

uk121
Newly Registered

Re: Changing employers - How much time to wait

Post by uk121 » Mon May 12, 2014 7:39 am

After I get my Tier 2 visa for Company A (perhaps in September or October), how long do I have to wait to apply for a change of employment i.e. for a Tier 2 visa for Company B?
You can switch the next day(premium service) as well, no time limit

Is there a minimum time you have to wait?
No

Does the fact that you have recently been issued a Tier 2 visa for Company A affect your chances of getting a Tier 2 visa for Company B?
No, as along as you have a proper COS, nothing will affect your switch

Is there a maximum amount of Tier 2 visa applications an individual can do per year?
No