ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

3 Month Spouse Validity

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

essexb
Newly Registered

3 Month Spouse Validity

Post by essexb » Mon May 12, 2014 10:38 am

Hi there,

Apologies if this has already been asked - I searched the forum but couldn't find an answer.

My wife (I'm British, she is Colombian) has a spouse visa which expires at the end of August. We are hoping to go to Spain for a holiday at the start of June (pending approval of her Schengen Visa). I've read that in order to get a Schengen the UK visa must have at least 3 months validity, which she will do at the point of applying, but slightly under when we actually travel.

Hypothetically if the Schengen goes through ok, do you think the UKBA/Border Officials will cause any problems because of the fact she'll be re-entering the UK with less than 3 months left of her visa? We're going to apply for ILTR in August, is it worth having a completed form to travel with us to show them? Any other suggestions?

Many thanks

Ben

mrploddy
Newly Registered

Re: 3 Month Spouse Validity

Post by mrploddy » Mon May 12, 2014 10:59 am

As long as the visa is still valid you won't have issues re-entering the UK.

However your issue will be Spain.

http://es.vfsglobal.co.uk/Manchester/to ... uired.html

And in particular this sentence -> Your passport must be valid for at least another 90 days beyond your return date from Schengen area and must have at least 2 blank adjacent visa pages in it.

Are you sure you comply with this ?

essexb
Newly Registered

Re: 3 Month Spouse Validity

Post by essexb » Mon May 12, 2014 12:42 pm

Thanks for your reply and good to her that hopefully on return there won't be any problems.

I'm not sure at all that we will be ok in the Schengen application! Her passport is valid for 10 years so no problem there, but as I mentioned her visa will have just under 3 months validity when we wish to travel. We stupidly booked hotels and flights before checking that Schengen requirement so are going to give it a go at the spanish embassy. If they issue the visa then should be no issue with the actual spanish border when/if we arrive!