ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse of British Citizen -schengen visa procedure

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

m_man1

Spouse of British Citizen -schengen visa procedure

Post by m_man1 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:16 pm

Dear gurus,

Just wanted to know what your views/thoughts are on the schengen visa application

I am a british citizen and my wife has Indefinite leave to remain in Uk ,we are planning s short trip to portugal in september my queries are

!.will my spouse need a schengen visa?(as she is dependant of EEA national)
2.How long does the visa procedure take?
3.can she do a postal application?
4.Do we need to take an appointment?

I am having contradictory responses on the 1st query and unable to get this information on portugese website as it doesn't translate to English for some reason,

Kindly give your suggestions,recommendation & opinions which are always a great help

ca.funke
Belgium

Re: Spouse of British Citizen -schengen visa procedure

Post by ca.funke » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:33 pm

Legally she doesn´t need a visa, however if you want to be 100% sure to travel you should get it anyway.

Full details pretty much here:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=95372

Rgds,
Christian

m_man1

Post by m_man1 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:31 pm

thanks for the link funke but i guess one needs to be prepared for this,is there any number we can call or talk to the embassy to get this confirmed?

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:43 pm

m_man1 wrote:thanks for the link funke but i guess one needs to be prepared for this
    • If the following (and other stuff in the linked post) isn´t asking you to be well-prepared, what else does it do :shock: :?:
    • ca.funke wrote:Related links / more reading / more info:
m_man1 wrote:...is there any number we can call or talk to the embassy to get this confirmed?...

Lizthom
Newly Registered

Post by Lizthom » Mon May 12, 2014 12:10 pm

Hello,

I am a British citizen and my husband is South African he lives in the Uk with Indefinate leave to remain with a biometrics card.
We would like to visit Portuagl for a holiday

1) does he need a visa as we are travelling together
2) if he does need a visa, I have been told you can get one for free, is this true

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 12, 2014 12:29 pm

Lizthom wrote:Hello,

I am a British citizen and my husband is South African he lives in the Uk with Indefinate leave to remain with a biometrics card.
We would like to visit Portuagl for a holiday

1) does he need a visa as we are travelling together - yes he needs a visa
2) if he does need a visa, I have been told you can get one for free, is this true - yes it is true, provided your documents are all in order. You will need to pay the visa agent processing fee

Thanks
From this website

http://www.theschengenoffice.com/portug ... _visa.html
Spouse/Family member of EU National

If you are married to/dependant on British national please contact The Schengen Office to discuss your requirements.

If you are travelling with children under age of 18 please check with us if we can assist before sending your documents.

If you are holding a valid Schengen visa we will not be able to apply for a new one until the day after your current visa expires.

Current estimated processing time for a Portuguese visa is 10-21 working days
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.