ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent advice Plz

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

legend786

Urgent advice Plz

Post by legend786 » Sun May 11, 2014 8:46 pm

Hi, Everyone here
First of all i really appreciate for the great work you guys doing here for everybody on this site!
May GOD bless all of you.
Now here is my situation,
I am a student here and my visa is running out on 23 May 2014.
Here are some questions i want to ask
1- Can i get married here in UK without leaving from here because i am gonna be illegal after 23rd of this month and why i am going to get married after this date? it's a long story because i had all sort of trouble with my college then no job and financial difficulties etc. and for these reasons i couldn't proceed my studies and currently i am living with my girlfriend and she is an Latvian citizen and not working at the moment but hopefully will start soon.
Anybody's kind answer will be much appreciated in this regard. if any question then i would be more than happy to provide further information. Thanks a lot in advance. Looking forward to hear from you guys soon.

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Re: Urgent advice Plz

Post by ice_breaker » Sun May 11, 2014 9:46 pm

legend786 wrote:Hi, Everyone here
First of all i really appreciate for the great work you guys doing here for everybody on this site!
May GOD bless all of you.
Now here is my situation,
I am a student here and my visa is running out on 23 May 2014.
Here are some questions i want to ask
1- Can i get married here in UK without leaving from here because i am gonna be illegal after 23rd of this month and why i am going to get married after this date? it's a long story because i had all sort of trouble with my college then no job and financial difficulties etc. and for these reasons i couldn't proceed my studies and currently i am living with my girlfriend and she is an Latvian citizen and not working at the moment but hopefully will start soon.
Anybody's kind answer will be much appreciated in this regard. if any question then i would be more than happy to provide further information. Thanks a lot in advance. Looking forward to hear from you guys soon.
Legend786 you should have planned for this at least 3-6 months before, regardless of your college/job/financial situation, rather than leaving it to the last moment. Any activity done at the last moment will raise a red flag and will regard your application as a marriage of convenience. And even getting married wont be easy, as you have to make an appointment and usually they are always busy and abit of paperwork involved.

At this stage, I can only suggest you,

1. register for a course and renew your student visa
2. while your visa is under process you can then make an appointment to get married in UK

OR

You both can go to Latvia, get married and then apply as EEA family permit from outside UK.

legend786

Post by legend786 » Sun May 11, 2014 10:29 pm

Here are three important things!
* I don't have last three month's bank statement ready to show HO clear funds available for my studies so application will be refused straight away without any consideration i guess!
* HO will ask all of my previous transcripts from previous college for my progress in previous course and obviously i don't have them
* For example If i send my application and passport together for another course and after sending them in the meantime if i go for marriage then registry office person would ask me for my passport which is obviously will be with HO and i won't be able to produce to them so what else i can show them as a proof?
Or is there any other category where i can apply to stay legal for time being until i get married and sorted in couple of month's time then i can withdraw my application if possible. Will it work at all???????
Thanks in advance for helpful answer

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Post by ice_breaker » Mon May 12, 2014 9:44 am

legend786 wrote:Here are three important things!
* I don't have last three month's bank statement ready to show HO clear funds available for my studies so application will be refused straight away without any consideration i guess!
* HO will ask all of my previous transcripts from previous college for my progress in previous course and obviously i don't have them
* For example If i send my application and passport together for another course and after sending them in the meantime if i go for marriage then registry office person would ask me for my passport which is obviously will be with HO and i won't be able to produce to them so what else i can show them as a proof?
Or is there any other category where i can apply to stay legal for time being until i get married and sorted in couple of month's time then i can withdraw my application if possible. Will it work at all???????
Thanks in advance for helpful answer
TO switch to any category, there will be money involved.
my advice will be to sort out paperwork to get married, go latvia, get married and apply for EEA family permit from there. For EEA permit you dont have to show much documentation. and once you have EEA family permit then you apply for EEA2 AND that can be discussed at later stage.
good luck. let us know what decision you have made.

legend786

Post by legend786 » Mon May 12, 2014 10:45 am

Thank you for your kind advise!
Absolutely right and true. There will be money involved even changing the category but the problem is going to Latvia and to live there for certain period of time not gonna be easy plus living expenses etc. And I can't get the schengen visa that urgent as my student visa is about to run out and then I need to produce documents belongs to there so I suppose this option is quite sort of impossible for me. Anyone else got any other advice or idea Plz because leaving country isn't possible for me. Thanks

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Post by ice_breaker » Mon May 12, 2014 11:08 am

legend786 wrote:Thank you for your kind advise!
Absolutely right and true. There will be money involved even changing the category but the problem is going to Latvia and to live there for certain period of time not gonna be easy plus living expenses etc. And I can't get the schengen visa that urgent as my student visa is about to run out and then I need to produce documents belongs to there so I suppose this option is quite sort of impossible for me. Anyone else got any other advice or idea Plz because leaving country isn't possible for me. Thanks
At this stage I can only recommend you to seek professional solicitors, their fees may be high but they can direct you. good luck

Ikonkar
India

Post by Ikonkar » Mon May 12, 2014 11:23 am

Legend786,

With all due respect, if you are committed to each other then why deciding to get married at the last minute? You were fully aware that your visa will run out, then why delay?

There is no way you would get married before your visa expiry as I believe it takes up few weeks for the appointment and then further 15 days for the notice. So forget that you could get married before the expiry of your visa.

Another thing you could do is that book an appointment with the registrar today/tomorrow and book an interview appointment with registrar's and play it by the ear. Please note NO ONE CAN STOP YOU TO GET MARRIED (IF YOU ARE IN A TRUE/GENUINE RELATIONSHIP) not even Home Office.

Like Icebreaker said the best option is move to Latvia and get married there and then come back. Ofcourse, there's money involved either way but the best and safest option for you is to leave UK and get married outside UK and then re-enter with your wife. In that case

1/ you would prove your genuine relationship (not saying it's not at the moment).
2/ easy to come back to UK.

Please do not take this is as a negative response, but trust me this is much better than applying in country and then wait for years(if HO refuse your application on the basis of marriage of inconvienence).

Just a personal advise brv.

Good Luck
GOD BLESS
Ikonkar

legend786

Post by legend786 » Mon May 12, 2014 12:49 pm

Thank you so much guys for your worthy replies
I'll take the best possible route in these circumstances
Thanks once again