ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA residence card

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

khan1224
Newly Registered

EEA residence card

Post by khan1224 » Sun May 11, 2014 12:46 pm

Hello all,
i am new to this site and i was wondering if you could please help me out with my doubts. I have been living with my unmarried EEA national since 2010. My partner is German national and he never applied for EEA1, but he has been working since 2000 in the UK . We are planning to apply for EEA1 and EEA2, as we have lived 4 years already how long do we have to wait to apply for PRC?

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: EEA residence card

Post by sheraz7 » Sun May 11, 2014 1:12 pm

Based on the situation described above the EEA national may have already been a permanent resident. But you as a non-EU national have to spend further 5 years from the date when you will be issued EEA2 RC. Instead of EEA1 & EEA2, EEA3 and EEA2 can be sent.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

khan1224
Newly Registered

Post by khan1224 » Mon May 12, 2014 2:56 pm

Thanky ou for your reply it really helped. I also would like to know, my partner is about to register at job center as he recently lost his job and have applied for jobs and looking forward to get one of them in the near future (fingers crossed) . Would it be a problem when applying for EEA RCs if he registers him self at job center and gets money until he finds a job?

rosebead
Member of Standing

Post by rosebead » Mon May 12, 2014 6:31 pm

Since it looks like your partner has Permanent Residence already based on his past history, he longer needs to exercise Treaty rights anymore (i.e. working, self-employed, etc). It would facilitate things for you if he applied for EEA3, although it isn't absolutely required and you can still get Permanent Residence without it when you become eligible for it.

khan1224
Newly Registered

Post by khan1224 » Mon May 26, 2014 5:41 pm

hello again,
we don't have a joint bank accounts, but we have joint tenancy agreement. we also have wage slips and personal bank account statements to this address where we live for last 4-5 years. we also have very frequent transactions to each others account, Can anyone please give some advise about the requirements. thank you in advance.

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Mon May 26, 2014 11:32 pm

khan1224 wrote:hello again,
we don't have a joint bank accounts, but we have joint tenancy agreement. we also have wage slips and personal bank account statements to this address where we live for last 4-5 years. we also have very frequent transactions to each others account, Can anyone please give some advise about the requirements. thank you in advance.

If you don't have a joint financial commitments and no child after 4/5 years living together then *may* be HO call you for an interview as this may be a possibility that although you are living together but not in durable relation and may be sharing the rented property.

khan1224
Newly Registered

Post by khan1224 » Wed May 28, 2014 5:47 pm

thank you imshzd.
still looking for more suggestions if there is any.