ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Past earnings - refused on basis of payslip

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

simmitys
Newly Registered

Past earnings - refused on basis of payslip

Post by simmitys » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:00 am

Hi
I am posting this on behalf of my brother. HE has just been refused his HSMP because his proof of earnings was not deemed sufficent. The 2 forms of proof he gave were:
1. letter from employer stating earnings etc.
2. latest (automatically generated) payslip from employer which gives current fortnight's pay and also year to date pay.

They have said the YTD amount in the payslip is not sufficent evidence. Does this mean he had to send 26 fortnightly payslips for the last year even though every single payslip gives a YTD amount paid anyway? That seems ridiculous.

I have advised him to appeal but we would like some idea of what his chances are. He was not able to provide an income tax return at the time of applying because it was before the end of the tax year but his YTD earnings at the time were above the threshold required. Furthermore self-assessment tax documents are not accepted anyway!

gordon

Post by gordon » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:50 am

Yes, he should have submitted every single fortnightly payslip in the earnings period claimed. I think the rule is categorically applied to document earnings in claimed periods, to avoid any confusion re the tax-reporting periods in which accumulated earnings are indicated (YTD). AG

ball1333

Post by ball1333 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:17 am

Just to back up gordon's reply:
Absolutely every single payslip for the period claimed should be sent. I had problems with my initial HSMP application because the caseworker added up the "This Period You Earned" figure from each payslip and expected the total to match what I claimed on my HSMP application form. Because I claimed the amount on my tax return document, which was less than my total gross (b/c of pre-tax deductions), the caseworker was confused and refused my application. My application was accepted after review, thankfully. The point remains: they do add up the amount reflected on each payslip, regardless of whether YTD earnings are stated.

The income tax return document that should be sent with the HSMP application is the slip that your brother should receive 1x a year from his employer reflecting all the taxes that have been held back from his pay, not a self-assessment form. You can do a little research in the archives of this board to learn how your brother can corroborate his earnings that were paid since the end of the last tax year.

As for the appeal: not a chance. Your brother did not supply enough information for the caseworker to make an accurate judgment. Better luck to him next time!!

makon

Post by makon » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:39 pm

And tell your brother to read the guidance before making applications

~J~

Post by ~J~ » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:25 am

I worked for 2 employers in the past 12 months that i claim -

Should i mention that in the cover letter - where should i mention it?

also do i need to send my appointment letter, appraisal letter n relieving lettter???? to prove that i was//have been workin with these companie?

Please reply!!!

ikon1400

Post by ikon1400 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:18 am

@ ~J~

There is no problem in showing the details of 2 employers in your covering letter. Right now i dont have my covering letter which i submitted for my approval. But i remember that you can prepare a letter with this items

1) how many proofs(banks stamt1/ stmt 2, employer1 paylip, employer2 payslip) that you are attaching..
2) What are the company details.
3) a table shwing the Gross earnings of the 2 employers seperately & the Grand total in rupees then converted to GBP.
4) Details like whn u got relived from employer 1 & joing employer 2.

Need not send any appointment letter/appraisal letter or releiving.

Hope this helps. come back if you need anymore info.

Cheers
ikon

~J~

Post by ~J~ » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:07 am

Dear Ikon1400~

Can you tell which mode of fee pay is the best?

Cheque - Never made an international cheque before. Plus doubtful if the currency rates change when the cheque reaches there.

Credit Card - I dont have my own. If I choose to use then ill be using my sister's card. Dont know if I can do that.

No clue abt the DD though I read quiet a few people sending DDs but I there is no mention abt DD in the Hsmpguidelines. It rather says UK Postal order.

Am confused as i dont want my application to be sent back just for the fee problem.

Please help!!!

ikon1400

Post by ikon1400 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:56 pm

Hi ~J~,

I would suggest you to use DD payment mode. Also where are you from?

If you are from India,you can get DD easily from ICICI bank which will be accepted by the HO & it does not have any problem with currency change etc.

Please appraoch any bank, whereever you are and tell that you need a international DD payable at London. Use the DD details to fill your applcation.

Hope i helped your question.

Cheers
ikon

~J~

Post by ~J~ » Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:00 pm

Thanks Ikon~