ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home survey report requirement and parents visit visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sohail4peace

Home survey report requirement and parents visit visa

Post by Sohail4peace » Tue May 13, 2014 1:22 am

Hi everyone !!!

I am living with my wife and 3 young kids ages 5 year, 2.5 years and 7 month. We all are UK citizen. I am going to apply my mother and father family visit visa in Pakistan.

I also Own 3 bedroom house through mortgage My question is that :

1) Do i need to get home survey report through council or estate agent to prove ample space for my parents ?? OR Including my home land registry ownership ( certified copes ) documents will be enough to prove ample space documents ??

Because Getting home survey report throgh property agent or council is not cheap. They charging over £ 130 for that document.

Please respond thanks.

magicman316

Re: Home survey report requirement and parents visit visa

Post by magicman316 » Tue May 13, 2014 5:23 pm

Hi, you do need this and try to avoid real estate agents. Get it done through your local council.

The reason this is required it not to do with proving ownership of the property, its more to do with overcrowding legislation, health and safety etc as per housing act 1985 - which is mentioned in the Immigration Rules. I would highly recommend getting it done just to avoid disappointment over something so simple.

The council will come out, assess the property and give you a written report on how many occupants there are, and what the state of living conditions are like; they may even take pictures of outside the property and the bedroom where applicant(s) are proposed to live just to show the ECO that conditions are up to par.

Get the report, don't risk it.
27/5/14 - Applied in Islamabad
12/06/14 - Decision Delayed (Further Enquiries)
13/06/14 - Email & Call from VAC to collect Passport
16/06/14 - Visa Granted!

WR1

Post by WR1 » Tue May 13, 2014 7:43 pm

Any reason why the Home Office would reject a report from a estate agents.

As longs as you specify the reason the report is being used, it shouldn't be a problem.

I had my report done from a local estate agent. Mine was assessed in accordance to the Housing Act 1985 in relation to overcrowding. Submitted it with the spouse visa without a problem.

You need to specify to the estate agents the purpose of the report as not all estate agents carry out reports for visa purposes.

Yes, a report from the council will carry more weight in the eyes of the Home Office but is only warranted if the price difference is similar or minimal.

I only went with an estate agent as they were alot cheaper than what the council were charging.

Choice is yours.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Sohail4peace

Post by Sohail4peace » Tue May 13, 2014 10:23 pm

Council charges a lot for this report approximately £ 175 yes estate agents are less comparitavely. But still alot a money.

allenboo
- thin ice -

Post by allenboo » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:40 am

Hi all,
Will this immigration house report give a final decision or recommendations that the home is or is not suitable for an additional one person. My issue is I live in a shared house. Must I tell the house report inspector?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:21 pm

vinny wrote:Another tip is that a property inspection report is not mandatory. But providing a false one may lead to a refusal.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.