ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Naturalisation-students-sickness insurance

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

polinastefanowa
Newly Registered

British Naturalisation-students-sickness insurance

Post by polinastefanowa » Mon May 12, 2014 3:21 pm

Hi

I have a question which I hope you can help me with.

I am going to apply for a British naturalisation. I am EEA citizen.During the first 3 years of my residence in UK I was a student. On the guide it says that I have to provide

For Students:
Letter from the public or private establishment confirming that you were enrolled
on a course of study, including vocational training, throughout the relevant 5 year
period.
Evidence that you are covered by sickness insurance against all risks in respect of
yourself and any accompanying family members in the UK

I did not have any private medical insurance and certainly there was not the case in 2007 when i arrived (no one asked you for that). I have worked on part-time basis from March 2008 onwards which should suggest i have paid NI contributions.Also i was health insured from my home country until 31.12.2008 - i could get a confirmation from them.

I was wondering if that is sufficient enough?Shall I contact my home country and ask them to issue a document that I have been insured by them? Is this a requirement which I need to have? Furthermore I have requested a national insurance contirbution statement for the years i have worked in UK. Do you think that is enough?

Kind regards,

Polina

SouthWest1

Re: British Naturalisation-students-sickness insurance

Post by SouthWest1 » Mon May 12, 2014 8:50 pm

you better apply for PR confirmation first. it is £55 and normally done within 6-8 weeks for EEA national. ( form EEA3)
If you are successful and secured a PR, then you can either:
1- apply straight after ( providing you satisfy all the other requirements & you will have to send all proofs of treaty rights again).
2- wait for 12 months after the issue date of your PR and apply ( as above MINUS you do not need to provide evidence of treaty rights).

Personally, I do not think sickness insurance was a requirement back in 2007 but any thing can go wrong. Get your PR first...

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Tue May 13, 2014 12:00 am

If you are not registered ( by sending EEA1 application ) then UKBA won't accept your that period without insurance

you better apply as a worker . when did your country joined EU. If 2004 are you registered under WRS Scheme when you started working? If your Country joined before 2004 then you don't have to worry about registration

please check here

http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 92666.html
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

polinastefanowa
Newly Registered

Post by polinastefanowa » Tue May 13, 2014 9:29 am

Thank you very much both for your reply. I believe that requesting an insurance was introduced at a later stage and not in 2007 (otherwise how would i get student loans for example?).
I am a Bulgarian national and I have worked pretty much without any break since March 2008 in UK (Even though I was a student).
Bulgaria joined EU in 2007 and a requirement for me was to get yellow card ( and work up to 20 hours per week) and later on blue card ( which allowed me to work without any restriction) which I have. The blue card which i got was based on the fact that i have worked 12 months without any break in UK. That is why i was wondering based on the fact that i have been working and obviously paying taxes and NHS insurance probably included, do you think i still require a sickness insurance?

Regards,

Polina

polinastefanowa
Newly Registered

Post by polinastefanowa » Tue May 13, 2014 9:30 am

The blue and yellow card Type of Document: Registration Certificate- the form that i had to fill in i think it was called BR1..

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Tue May 13, 2014 11:22 am

polinastefanowa wrote:The blue and yellow card Type of Document: Registration Certificate- the form that i had to fill in i think it was called BR1..

That's fine.

Please check the link in my last post.

Transitional arrangements are being introduced in June 2011, so that an application
for permanent residence as a student will not be refused solely on the
grounds that there is no evidence of comprehensive sickness insurance
on the date of decision where:

- UKBA issued a registration certificate ( EEA1 or BR1) to the applicant on the basis of
their residence in the UK as a student before 20th June 2011 without sickness insurance ( for example you )

But i would still recommend you apply for PR first because it's £55 compare to nationality application which is very expensive.
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

polinastefanowa
Newly Registered

Re: Enquiry regarding waiting times after 6 months

Post by polinastefanowa » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:29 pm

Hi

I have applied for a naturalisation in May 2014 and it has been more than 6 months since my application has been received by the Home Office.

I wondered what do I need to do next? Who do I need to contact?

I have e-mailed further enquiries @ Home office but I haven't heard from them as well.

I hope you can help me.

Polina

stingar
Newly Registered

Post by stingar » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:16 pm

Hello Polina,

I am currently struggling with exactly the same issue.
Would you share how did you sort the problem with the Home Office?

Thanks,
Stoyan

badratio

Post by badratio » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:57 pm

Apply as a worker.

When I went to uni I kept my part time job which was't even part time as I worked 20-30 hours per month. I knew I wouldn't be able to apply for PR as a student without CSI so I applied as a worker and had it granted.
Naturalisation timeline: EEU PR
Application date: 17-03-2015
Fee deducted : 24-03-2015
Acknowledgment email : 25-03-2015
Approval date : 02-04-2015
Ceremony: 28-04-2015