ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Re: FLR(FP) and Discretionary Leave to Remain timelines

Post by Kukuwife » Sun May 11, 2014 6:37 am

God's Authority wrote:Hello everyone. Happy weekend.

Congrats to you Naba, sorry it's coming late. All the best for the future dear.
Elastep,please kindly seek legal advice before you go there. Like everyone has adviced it would be best to seek what a lawyer says about all of this. God be with you dear.

God be with us all . Lots of love to the regulars. Dapsonlee,kukuwife,verbina,Rina,believe 2013,crystal newbie,Keisha.
If I missed out your name, am sorry but I got nothing but love for you :)
Thanks God's Authority. Am well and I hope all is well with you also.
Your expectation will manifest very soon

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Sun May 11, 2014 11:12 am

[quote="elastep"]Hello @all, I hope all is well.

@naba. Wll done you! A very big congratulations to you and your family :D You deserve it.
To a those that have been granted congrats and well done.

Bad news guys :cry: I went to my Solicitors office unannounced as I wanted to talk about my upcoming hearing and was informed that my hearing for this month have been cancelled. I was told that my JR was withdrawn as that is the only condition that the HO agreed to give my case a full reconsideration. WTF. I was in court and that was not how it went down at all :(
I almost had a heart attack when I was told. I was in shock as I was never informed about this and it made me very angry :x I made it very clear when the JR application was made that I didn't want my JR withdrawn except if I'm granted a stay with all my cost paid or I'm given a right of appeal or a deportation order.
Why don't solicitors listern to their client?
Why can't they do as their client ask instead of doing as they want?
I'm very upset and its been a couple of days and its still makes me very mad.
Right now I have notting at court or the HO and I'm frightened that I might get picked up one day while out and about and I have no money to make any other application and I can't wait for deportation order as it might take years before I get one.

So its with this that I called my local immigration team and informed them that my application have been refused and that I was asked to contact them.
They asked me if I was calling to arange my departure from the UK and I said no and had to explain that I came with all my family member and they are all ILR holders and British Citizens except for my case which is yet to be resolved.
They took my name and address and the lady said to me " so you are not leaving the UK" and I replied "yes, that is correct as I have no family member in my country of birth to return to as they are all settled here".
I was asked to come to Eaton house 581 staines road hounslow tw4 5dl next week where my case can be given further consideration by a case worker.

I'm hoping that I will be given a deportaion order if I go there next week.
What is the worst that can happen if I go there?
Do you guys think that I should go or not?

Please share your opinion and thanks for reading. Stay blessed.[/quote]

Greetings forum family! I hope I find you well!@ Elastep. I'm so sorry to hear what your legal rep has done to you. My heart bleeds! Don't let that get you down. You need to keep the fighting spirit. I was just wondering if its at all possible to contact the Upper Tribunal and let them know that your legal rep acted against your instructions and also maybe contact the law society and explain to them how they have acted against your wishes. Maybe try that and see what happens.

I just dread the issue of you having to report to Eaton house. Have you got anything in writing yet? These amoebas can be very cunning! My advice is to take a deep breath and weigh as many options as you can and also try to contact some solicitors who may offer free initial advice e.g like that one who is on sky channel. Please don't rush into decisions. Keep your chin up.

@ Naba, congrats and all the best.
@ Rina, I put in my JR app in Jan 2014 and I am still waiting. I occasionally phone the UT for an update and the most recent update was that my case is now waiting in the judges queue. They say that it can take anything up to 6 months. We just need to be patient.
@ Shondra. Sorry to hear they refused the reconsideration. I would think that the best option for you would be to re-apply and if they refuse , you can go the JR way. I'm sure as people are well aware that the amoebas are out to fleece us of the little that we have or maybe don't have and think that we will give up the fight. Don't be dismayed. Nowadays they are responding much quicker to applications.
Stay blessed!!

777isanumber
Newly Registered

Post by 777isanumber » Sun May 11, 2014 10:57 pm

Hello everyone

Sorry to bother you all just having some questions to ask and thought it would be wise to seek your advices.

I am married with 2 kids, but myself and my wife are currently seperated but going through counselling to help with our marriage. She is british and so are our kids. I was granted discretionary leave in 2011 and will be up to extension in couple of months. I have a good job with full time contract and have been working since 2011 earning about 30,000per year. At the moment I pay my wife maintenance weekly and pay for nursery for the kids and holiday and still some of her utilities cos we didnt bother changing the direct debit. Even though we are seperated we are still very much a family as we are strongly working on our relationship.

The only thing that changed from 3 years ago is the fact that we are seperated. Do you think this will affect my renewal? I am very very much involved in my kids lif3 as I see them during the week and every weekend. Please kindly advice me on this. Thanks

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Mon May 12, 2014 11:26 am

777isanumber wrote:Hello everyone

Sorry to bother you all just having some questions to ask and thought it would be wise to seek your advices.

I am married with 2 kids, but myself and my wife are currently seperated but going through counselling to help with our marriage. She is british and so are our kids. I was granted discretionary leave in 2011 and will be up to extension in couple of months. I have a good job with full time contract and have been working since 2011 earning about 30,000per year. At the moment I pay my wife maintenance weekly and pay for nursery for the kids and holiday and still some of her utilities cos we didnt bother changing the direct debit. Even though we are seperated we are still very much a family as we are strongly working on our relationship.

The only thing that changed from 3 years ago is the fact that we are seperated. Do you think this will affect my renewal? I am very very much involved in my kids lif3 as I see them during the week and every weekend. Please kindly advice me on this. Thanks
Hello thanks for sharing your story with us. This is going to be a straight forward extension since you are still involve with the children. Irrespective of the situation at the time of the application but above all I wish that things work out with both of you

ThisYear

Post by ThisYear » Mon May 12, 2014 12:33 pm

Hi Shondra,

I think the best thing to do is to put in a new application ASAP and include your child's British passport. Also, ensure you and your solicitor study the grounds of the initial refusal and cover all the necessary areas with enough evidence to support your new application.

Current updates from members suggests applications are being dealt with quickly....wish you a positive outcome.

Shondra Sharma wrote:My solicitor e-mail me today, he got a letter from home office and saying they will not reconsider my application. I sent my reconsideration request on sept 2013 after my 7 year child application was refused. Now my circumstances are changed, we further sent two letters on 5th feb 2014 (enclosed my child british citizenship certificate and urge home office consider our stay, because our child got a british citizenship)and 11th april 2014. My solicitor only say come and see me on Monday. What is the next step? Please advise.
FLR(O) private life/parent of BC
App sub - Feb2012
Contact HO - Feb2013
Further info requested - Apr2013
Decision - Refused Nov2013
JR - Dec2013
JR withdrawn - Mar 2014
JR Sealed - Jun 2014
Granted - Aug 2014

ThisYear

Post by ThisYear » Mon May 12, 2014 12:46 pm

Elastep, don't really know what to suggest with this latest development. I will agree with the others that you must ensure you have a solicitor with you to be on the safe side.

I sure don't understand why some lawyers don't take instructions from their clients. Thank God for this forum as I have been able to challenge my solicitor on several occasions. Going from my own experience, the request to withdraw my JR came with the assurance by the HO that should I get another refusal, it will generate an in-country appeal. My point is, request to see the letter sent asking you to withdraw (which you did not to consent anyway) hopefully that should shed more light on the grounds for withdrawal.

Please also seek another legal opinion as I believe you have a strong case...all the best {{{{hugs}}}}
App sub - Feb2012
Contact HO - Feb2013
JR - Dec2013
JR withdrawn - Mar 2014
JR Sealed - Jun 2014
Granted - Aug 2014

ThisYear

Post by ThisYear » Mon May 12, 2014 12:52 pm

Wow Naba, big big congrats. Some people have received their BRP within weeks so fingers crossed its already on the way.

Glad your perseverance has paid off...enjoy your freedom

naba wrote:Hello lovely people : verbina, Kukuwife, dapsonlee, Hatchsead, elastep, God's Authority, MRLAOLU and others,

Hope you are keeping well. Congratulations who have been granted and all the best who are waiting.

I have been blessed as my appeale has been approved and have been awarded the fee. Can anyone please tell how long it will take to get the money back and how long to get the BRP. Thank you everyone for your moral support and information. God bless us.

The case:
- 7 years (not British born)
- Refused with no appeal right
- Appeal for appeal right
- has been approved
- Waiting for the BPR
App sub - Feb2012
Contact HO - Feb2013
JR - Dec2013
JR withdrawn - Mar 2014
JR Sealed - Jun 2014
Granted - Aug 2014

rioses
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Post by rioses » Mon May 12, 2014 5:13 pm

rioses wrote:I am using a solicitor for my ECHR Art 8application .
Will I receive biometrics letter at my address or through my solicitor?
I have been granted a fee waiver and received a letter that:

'Your application raises issues relating to the European Convention on Human Rights which are complex in nature.As such,it falls outside our normal service standards for
deciding leave to remain applications.Please be assured that we will make a decision on your case as quickly as possible.'

Any body received such a letter and what are my chances?

Rubablu
United Kingdom

Post by Rubablu » Mon May 12, 2014 10:00 pm

naba wrote:Hello lovely people : verbina, Kukuwife, dapsonlee, Hatchsead, elastep, God's Authority, MRLAOLU and others,

Hope you are keeping well. Congratulations who have been granted and all the best who are waiting.

I have been blessed as my appeale has been approved and have been awarded the fee. Can anyone please tell how long it will take to get the money back and how long to get the BRP. Thank you everyone for your moral support and information. God bless us.

The case:
- 7 years (not British born)
- Refused with no appeal right
- Appeal for appeal right
- has been approved
- Waiting for the BPR
Congratulations Naba.I have just few questions
Is your partner British ?
Are you single parent ?
Have you applied together with your parter, child and you ? or only you ?
I am asking you the question because some body says UKBA do not allow on 7 years rules if both partner apply together. I am waiting to apply soon together with my wife and son.

nontsomi
Newly Registered

Post by nontsomi » Tue May 13, 2014 11:59 am

Hi everyone

Just want to say thank you to this amazing forum for the support I received from here. God is great , I have been granted leave to remain. Waiting for my brp now. Thank God for this day after 13years with no status and now freedom xx

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Tue May 13, 2014 12:05 pm

@nonstomi big big congratulation!!!!!!!!!! what a day? enjoy your freedom, something to cheer begining of this week.

disciple
Newly Registered

Post by disciple » Tue May 13, 2014 12:35 pm

It's so good here seeing everyone supporting and helping one another. I've been reading the forum for quite a while now and have benefited immensely from the contribution of everyone here.

I want to say a very BIG "THANK YOU" to everyone on this forum that has been a "pillar" of support
to me in my times of despair.

I received my BRP yesterday (and documents followed 2 hours later). After 17yrs of uncertainty, I am free to live again. I really - still cannot believe it yet!!!

I learned so much from many of your experiences, i can't thank you guys enough - @ Amber_, Kukuwife, verbina, dapsonlee, elastep, MRLAOLU, God's Authority, Hatchsead, evie233, Shondra, ThisYear, winners, naba, rina, Spring 2014 (OMG! This list could be endless - please forgive me if I missed your name )

To all those still waiting for decision, I wish you all SUCCESS in Jesus mighty name! More good news to
follow this week, this just the beginning!!!

Well, this is my (SUPER) story...

- Arrived UK 1997 (I applied for asylum @ point of entry).
- Asylum / Appeal refused in 2002.

2005 - I met my partner who had indefinite leave to remain and we have two daughters and one dependant
2011 - I had already clocked 14yrs in the UK
2011 - Consulted a solicitor for the 14yrs long residence rule, before it was abolished. Solicitor convinced me that i should apply under the legacy scheme instead.
2011 - Application for legacy made (14yrs length of stay also stressed). Waited from 2011 to 2012
with no response from the legacy team. Solicitor kept saying don't 'push' them into making an adverse decision, just give them more time. Out of frustration, i was cajoled by the solicitor to make
another flr(o) application, if i want a rapid response.

2012 - Application for flr(o) lodged.
2013 (0ct) - UKBA requested for more documents (More documents were sent).
2013 (Dec) - Flr(o) application refused.

03 Jan 2014 - Pre Action Protocol Letter sent
08 Jan 2014 - UKBA responded to PAP letter - insisting they will not reconsider their decision. New solicitor advised me to go for judicial review (unfortunately i could not afford his charges)

26 April 2014 - I submitted a new application flr(fp) myself (Cover letter was prepared by a barrister though).
01 May 2014 - Acknowledgement letter received
02 May 2014 - Biometric letter (+ Letter of ECHR) received with typo error in my name. Called HO for the correction.
04 May 2014 - Second biometric letter sent. Again another error (my surname spelt wrongly). called HO and another letter was sent.
08 May 2014 - Did my biometric enrolment.
12 May 2014 - BRP card recieved. Two hours later, postman returned all my documents.

nontsomi
Newly Registered

Post by nontsomi » Tue May 13, 2014 12:43 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:@nonstomi big big congratulation!!!!!!!!!! what a day? enjoy your freedom, something to cheer begining of this week.
Thank you Shondra :) I am still in shock. Your freedom is around the corner with God anything is possible x

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Tue May 13, 2014 1:04 pm

@disciple owo!!!!!! congratulation mate!!!!! visa is raining, thats a good news. What a story friend? you deserved it, I am salute you!!!!!!! 17 years not a joke, lets have a party !!!!!!!! ha ha ha !!!!!!!!! Enjoy your freedom. God bless.

winners

Post by winners » Tue May 13, 2014 1:08 pm

disciple wrote:It's so good here seeing everyone supporting and helping one another. I've been reading the forum for quite a while now and have benefited immensely from the contribution of everyone here.

I want to say a very BIG "THANK YOU" to everyone on this forum that has been a "pillar" of support

I received my BRP yesterday (and documents followed 2 hours later). After 17yrs of uncertainty, I am free to live again. I really - still cannot believe it yet!!!

I learned so much from many of your experiences, i can't thank you guys enough - @ Amber_, Kukuwife, verbina, dapsonlee, elastep, MRLAOLU, God's Authority, Hatchsead, evie233, Shondra, ThisYear, winners, naba, rina, Spring 2014 (OMG! This list could be endless - please forgive me if I missed your name )

To all those still waiting for decision, I wish you all SUCCESS in Jesus mighty name! More good news to

2005 - I met my partner who had indefinite leave to remain and we have two daughters and one dependant
2011 - Consulted a solicitor for the 14yrs long residence rule, before it was abolished. Solicitor convinced me that i should apply under the legacy scheme instead.
2011 - Application for legacy made (14yrs length of stay also stressed). Waited from 2011 to 2012
with no response from the legacy team. Solicitor kept saying don't 'push' them into making an adverse decision, just give them more time. Out of frustration, i was cajoled by the solicitor to make

08 Jan 2014 - UKBA responded to PAP letter - insisting they will not reconsider their decision. New solicitor advised me to go for judicial review (unfortunately i could not afford his charges)

26 April 2014 - I submitted a new application flr(fp) myself (Cover letter was prepared by a barrister though).
02 May 2014 - Biometric letter (+ Letter of ECHR) received with typo error in my name. Called HO for the correction.
04 May 2014 - Second biometric letter sent. Again another error (my surname spelt wrongly). called HO and another letter was sent.
12 May 2014 - BRP card recieved. Two hours later, postman returned all my documents.
Big congratulations
Enjoy your hard earned freedom and you hav
e had a good fight
No Man on Earth should glorified Himself
All Glory Must be to thy Lord

winners

Post by winners » Tue May 13, 2014 1:13 pm

nontsomi wrote:Hi everyone

Just want to say thank you to this amazing forum for the support I received from here. God is great , I have been granted leave to remain. Waiting for my brp now. Thank God for this day after 13years with no status and now freedom xx
Massive Congratulations
No Man on Earth should glorified Himself
All Glory Must be to thy Lord

disciple
Newly Registered

Post by disciple » Tue May 13, 2014 1:33 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:@disciple owo!!!!!! congratulation mate!!!!! visa is raining, thats a good news. What a story friend? you deserved it, I am salute you!!!!!!! 17 years not a joke, lets have a party !!!!!!!! ha ha ha !!!!!!!!! Enjoy your freedom. God bless.
Thanks Shondra Sharma! Yes o, this deserves a big party. Infact, i 've ordered one (customised) big bottle of Champagne from Tesco LOL.

The irony is that we can laugh over it now (today) but, it wasn't an issue to laugh about yesterday. All the same, we give thanks to the Almighty who knows best. Shondra Sharma, you 're next on the queue of 'Victors'. That wouldn't be long...

disciple
Newly Registered

Post by disciple » Tue May 13, 2014 1:47 pm

winners wrote:
disciple wrote:It's so good here seeing everyone supporting and helping one another. I've been reading the forum for quite a while now and have benefited immensely from the contribution of everyone here.

Big congratulations
Enjoy your hard earned freedom and you hav
e had a good fight
Thanks Winners! Yours woudn't be long--- I 'm wishing everyone still waiting a positive outcome.

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Tue May 13, 2014 2:27 pm

Big congratulations. The victory is a well deserved one, I wish you all the best. Remain bless

ThisYear

Post by ThisYear » Tue May 13, 2014 2:31 pm

Oh my days!!!!!@disciple, what a testimony!

I'll pop some champs on your behalf too. ...congrats again. There is hope yet for all of us still waiting for a decision.
App sub - Feb2012
Contact HO - Feb2013
JR - Dec2013
JR withdrawn - Mar 2014
JR Sealed - Jun 2014
Granted - Aug 2014

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Tue May 13, 2014 2:31 pm

OMG am indeed grateful to God on your behalf for what he has done for you. He has lift you up from the cage of the amoeba in HO and set you free. Please enjoy your freedom and keep praying for us. Congratulations

ThisYear

Post by ThisYear » Tue May 13, 2014 2:33 pm

Everything nah double double! !!!!!
Congrats on finally getting your visa. ...so very happy for you.

App sub - Feb2012
Contact HO - Feb2013
JR - Dec2013
JR withdrawn - Mar 2014
JR Sealed - Jun 2014
Granted - Aug 2014

es2013
United Kingdom

Post by es2013 » Tue May 13, 2014 5:19 pm

Wow, congratulations disciple, and you got a response in less than a month. Enjoy your freedom dear x
Application sent: 10.04.14
Received by HO : 11.04.14
Acknow dated : 14.04.14 received 19.04.14
Biometric letter: 15.04.14 and letter of ECHR received on 17.04.14
Biometrics done: 19.04.14
More docs requested: 04.06.14 Posted 14.06.14
BRP: 19.06.14

es2013
United Kingdom

Post by es2013 » Tue May 13, 2014 5:20 pm

Congratulations Nontsomi, enjoy enjoy enjoy x
Application sent: 10.04.14
Received by HO : 11.04.14
Acknow dated : 14.04.14 received 19.04.14
Biometric letter: 15.04.14 and letter of ECHR received on 17.04.14
Biometrics done: 19.04.14
More docs requested: 04.06.14 Posted 14.06.14
BRP: 19.06.14

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Tue May 13, 2014 10:44 pm

Wowwwwwwwww a double whammy!!!! Congrats nontsomi and disciple... Amazing testimony @disciple like you can clearly see God's hand in this.. :D