ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions about Islamabad VAC

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

magicman316

Questions about Islamabad VAC

Post by magicman316 » Mon May 12, 2014 10:14 pm

My wife will be going to her Visa application appointment next week and I have just a few questions. Grateful for any help.

1. Does she need to submit her original CNIC and photocopy or just a photocopy of CNIC along with her application?

2. Do they take the passport photo inside the VAC or does she have to make sure she pays to get it done when inside or is it best to get the pictures taken (To UK Photo Standards) prior to appointmnet, and how many photos does she need to submit?

3. She is quite nervous about going inside, would her father be allowed to accompany her based on this?

4. I have booked a Prime-Time slot which means an additional cost of RS 2,500 - Is this payable at the gate or at counter when she goes inside or online before hand?

5. Do you have a list of what the applicant documents are required? I have supplied all of the sponsors (my) supporting documents so have no problems there but just wondering whhat a pakistani spouse would need to provide? i.e TB Certificate, English Language Certificate, CNIC Copy (and or orginal/with copy), birth certificate, Nikanama in Urdu and English (certified)? as well as pakistani passport with at least one blank page for visa to be issued inside. Is that all thats needed?

6. Do the gerry fedex staff actually go through the application to make sure its all in order or do they just take the application from the applicant, take biometrics, give them a receipt and send them on their way?

Anybody been recently who can answer any of the above questions is most appreciated.

Also, is it true the applicant is asked to fill out a documents checklist upon arrival. If so what would she need to do for that? Does she need to know whats inside the application, i.e my payslips, p60, bank statements, evidence of relationship etc or not really?

Thanks for your time. Grateful for any answers.
27/5/14 - Applied in Islamabad
12/06/14 - Decision Delayed (Further Enquiries)
13/06/14 - Email & Call from VAC to collect Passport
16/06/14 - Visa Granted!

mrploddy
Newly Registered

Re: Questions about Islamabad VAC

Post by mrploddy » Mon May 12, 2014 10:50 pm

From your post it seems you have not done a lot of research about the immigration process and what is required. I would suggest reading round a lot more if you intend to self submit your visa.

It maybe worthwhile paying for the services of a professional immigration advisor to do a document check for you to make sure everything is in order and you won't lose your fee. From what I've read on this forum - if you make a mistake and get refused you will have a LONG wait for an appeal - it is better to get it right first time.

1) All supporting documents should be original with a photocopy. For documents that you can't provide the original they must be certified by a solicitor or whatever the equivalent notary service is in Pakistank.

2) Read this about extra services in Pakistan -> http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/Pakistan/use ... vices.html

3) I would contact Gerrys to confirm

4) http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/Pakistan/use ... vices.html seems to suggest paid online?

5)
a) Marriage certificate + certified translation
b) Employment documents from your employer to prove you have salary over £18,600 for 6 months eg wage slips AND a letter from your employer confirming your job details
c) Bank statements - must be original or stamped and signed
d) Proof you are in a relationship - photos / telephone logs / skype chat - it is up to you to prove conclusively to the ECO that your relationship is genuine
e) Proof of accommodation - your tenancy agreement + letter from landlord giving permission for your wife or house deeds or if she's going to stay with your family house deeds for family home + floor plan / proof you have a room exclusively for your use which won't be overcrowded and permission for your wife to reside at the property.
f) English Test - A1 Level - make sure it's on the current home office list of approved tests or it's instant refusal.

There is no hard and fast rule as to what's right supporting documents for your case and if you're not sure you should seek professional help or you'll be wasting £800+ on visa fees.

Let me repeat all documents must be original or certified - scans / copies not acceptable.

6) http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/Pakistan/fre ... tions.html - Gerrys is not authorized to provide legal advice on your application - see the FAQs.

7) Yes there is a document checklist -> http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/Pakistan/fre ... tions.html

magicman316

Re: Questions about Islamabad VAC

Post by magicman316 » Tue May 13, 2014 2:43 pm

Thanks - What about my wife's original CNIC Card? Does this get sent along with application or just a certified photocopy?

Thanks.
27/5/14 - Applied in Islamabad
12/06/14 - Decision Delayed (Further Enquiries)
13/06/14 - Email & Call from VAC to collect Passport
16/06/14 - Visa Granted!