ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what is the processing times for the DL form

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

africangirl
Mozambique

Re: what is the processing times for the DL form

Post by africangirl » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:35 pm

Hi

I submitted my form on the 2 /01/2014 and got confirmation on 20/01/2014 so since then i have not heard anything.

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:06 pm

africangirl wrote:Hi

I submitted my form on the 2 /01/2014 and got confirmation on 20/01/2014 so since then i have not heard anything.
that mean you received your letter within 12 working days
I hope we will wait to long

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:25 am

I received reply today

to read the reply on this link

http://s25.postimg.org/efft2c8mn/letter_received_03.jpg

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:15 pm

odat wrote:I received reply today

to read the reply on this link

http://s25.postimg.org/efft2c8mn/letter_received_03.jpg

and for more information about the Employment and right to work you need to read active reviews policy on this link page number 13

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... eviews.pdf
6 Employment
Refugees and beneficiaries of Humanitarian Protection or Discretionary Leave are entitled to work. As part of the Active Review process, the applicant has to surrender their original status document when they apply for further leave. This means that the applicant will not be immediately able to show his right to work to a current or future employer.
The UK Border Agency will provide an acknowledgment letter (ASL.4043) when an application is made, which will inform the timeliness of the application. If the application was made in time, the applicant remains entitled to work. If the application was made after the leave had expired/out of time, the applicant will not be entitled to work. Provided the application was made in time this letter, together with a photocopy of the Status Document (that the applicant is advised to keep when the application is made), will be sufficient to provide a statutory excuse for existing employees while the Employer Checking Service responds to a request.

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:17 pm

hi

so they are not saying when they will make a decision.

about working i am confused does it mean if you got work your employer needs to call home office as well or you just work since you have submitted your application on time.

i am not sure if i need to tell my employer to call and check on my status or just continue working since i have already submitted my application on time.

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:52 pm

africangirl wrote:hi

so they are not saying when they will make a decision.

about working i am confused does it mean if you got work your employer needs to call home office as well or you just work since you have submitted your application on time.

i am not sure if i need to tell my employer to call and check on my status or just continue working since i have already submitted my application on time.
no you not need to tell your employer or do anything employment checks is not phone call is appellation form and every employment they need to do that every year to all staff but most employment they don't

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:12 pm

Hi

I just started my new job they asked me about my papers and i told them that i sent them for renewal and they took my word for it and i even gave them the number to call or ask home office.

I am scared that maybe UKBA will say I am working illegal that is if my employer did not bother checking.Maybe i am wrong just worrying for nothing.

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:52 pm

africangirl wrote:Hi

I just started my new job they asked me about my papers and i told them that i sent them for renewal and they took my word for it and i even gave them the number to call or ask home office.

I am scared that maybe UKBA will say I am working illegal that is if my employer did not bother checking.Maybe i am wrong just worrying for nothing.
the letter says:
your application for futher leave was made before your previous leave enter or remain in the uk expired, the conditions of leave previouae awarded to you will continue to apply until such time as a decision is made on your application for further leave

and don't worry to much and take the life easy

Ebosiam

Post by Ebosiam » Tue May 13, 2014 4:46 pm

Hi

I have the same stuation as you guys i have submit my applacation throw Solicitors on 28/02/2014 and the HO sent me letter on 24/03/2014 and i never heard any thing from them yet

Ebosiam

Post by Ebosiam » Wed May 14, 2014 8:22 am

Ebosiam

Hi

I have the same stuation as you guys i have submit my applacation throw Solicitors on 28/01/2014 and the HO sent me letter on 24/03/2014 and i never heard any thing from them yet any idea what is going on because now it takes over 4 month my first applacation was sucssafull in 8 days and what kind of visa are we getting is it gonna be anther 3 years or ILR?.

Thanks

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Wed May 14, 2014 3:07 pm

Ebosiam wrote:Ebosiam

Hi

I have the same stuation as you guys i have submit my applacation throw Solicitors on 28/01/2014 and the HO sent me letter on 24/03/2014 and i never heard any thing from them yet any idea what is going on because now it takes over 4 month my first applacation was sucssafull in 8 days and what kind of visa are we getting is it gonna be anther 3 years or ILR?.

Thanks
we sill waiting and we don't know if its gonna be anther 3 years or ILR because the policy is confusing

what is your story ?
and you said your first applacation was sucssafull in 8 days have you have 3 years before this one ?

Ebosiam

Post by Ebosiam » Wed May 14, 2014 9:20 pm

odat wrote:
Ebosiam wrote:Ebosiam

Hi

Thanks
we sill waiting and we don't know if its gonna be anther 3 years or ILR because the policy is confusing

what is your story ?
and you said your first applacation was sucssafull in 8 days have you have 3 years before this one ?

Hi

Thanks for replay to my email

My story is i have came here in July 2008 I claimed asyalm and while my asyalm case been processing i met a British women then about 7 month after i met her we agreed to get married before my asylam claim refused i applied for Certificate of approval of Marriage 11/2009 the HO sent it to me 11/2010 they refused my asyalm case in 3/2010 then we get married in 12/2010 then i did a fresh claim in the end of 01/2011 and i been granted DL from 06/02/2011 till 07/02/2014 i have called the HO to ask which form can i use because is been a lot of confustion between the DL form and FLR(o) so they have told me i been granted a DL on my asylam case not my married case so they adviced me to use the DL form and im still married and have a full time job.

i really hope we not gonna wait for a long time because i have a guy working with me is been waiting for a long time.

so finger cross to all of us.

Thanks

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Thu May 15, 2014 10:52 am

[/quote]Hi

Thanks for replay to my email

My story is i have came here in July 2008 I claimed asyalm and while my asyalm case been processing i met a British women then about 7 month after i met her we agreed to get married before my asylam claim refused i applied for Certificate of approval of Marriage 11/2009 the HO sent it to me 11/2010 they refused my asyalm case in 3/2010 then we get married in 12/2010 then i did a fresh claim in the end of 01/2011 and i been granted DL from 06/02/2011 till 07/02/2014 i have called the HO to ask which form can i use because is been a lot of confustion between the DL form and FLR(o) so they have told me i been granted a DL on my asylam case not my married case so they adviced me to use the DL form and im still married and have a full time job.

i really hope we not gonna wait for a long time because i have a guy working with me is been waiting for a long time.

so finger cross to all of us.

Thanks[/quote]

Thank you for sharing ur story we still waiting for the Decision
So far I have contact my mp last Friday and he will contact the HO

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Fri May 16, 2014 10:38 am

Hi

we are all still waiting hope its not going to be a long wait as i hear from many people they have been waiting for more than 6 months.

Its hard to wait but me i will call HO in june by then it will be 6 months i been waiting.

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Wed May 21, 2014 11:07 am

Hi

I called H/O today and a kind lady answered and she told me that i did renew my application on time and it does take maximum waiting time 6 months.

She told me not to panic and call them again exactly on the 4th June she told me that my case is still incomplete.

I am going to call them by that date and it will be exactly 6 months so fingers crossed i will not wait by then i should have got a reply from them.

Hope we all get our papers soon.

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Wed May 21, 2014 11:45 am

I think it it's gonna take 6 month or more
I haven't get any reply from my MP yet but i believe he will said the same the case still processing an d there is no time limit

DLR-Londoner

Post by DLR-Londoner » Sat May 24, 2014 11:33 pm

Hi Guys

I'm new here, I am kinda in similar situation...but a bit worse...You guys are soooooo lucky!

My legal rep sent the application to extend my DLR (Art.8 - 3 years) in Sept 2013 before the leave expired at the end of Sept.
We have had nothing until now, not even a single confirmation letter...8 months :(

At some point I contacted my MP last year as I was offered a job in the NHS, they just "verbally" told my MP office on the phone that my extention application was an in-time one & told it would be dealt with in due course (so just shut the **ck up..sorry my words)...

We sent a "chase-up" letter at month 6th...well, you know, nothing...
The HO never ever sent us anything since I made the application in Sept 2013.

...why they (HO) love torturing people who contributes to the UK.

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Sun May 25, 2014 12:39 pm

DLR-Londoner wrote: Hi Guys

I'm new here, I am kinda in similar situation...but a bit worse...You guys are soooooo lucky!

My legal rep sent the application to extend my DLR (Art.8 - 3 years) in Sept 2013 before the leave expired at the end of Sept.
We have had nothing until now, not even a single confirmation letter...8 months :(

At some point I contacted my MP last year as I was offered a job in the NHS, they just "verbally" told my MP office on the phone that my extention application was an in-time one & told it would be dealt with in due course (so just shut the **ck up..sorry my words)...

We sent a "chase-up" letter at month 6th...well, you know, nothing...
The HO never ever sent us anything since I made the application in Sept 2013.

...why they (HO) love torturing people who contributes to the UK.
I don't know how is that make us lucky we all in same situation
i believe Mr/Mrs DLR-Londoner you haven't submit any supported document with your application that why you haven't received any letter from them
I was speak to someone last week he received DLR after he waiting 11 month he send he's application to extend july 2013 and he received 3 years DLR this month

DLR-Londoner

Post by DLR-Londoner » Sun May 25, 2014 9:30 pm

Many thanks for your reply, odat.

It's a Miss.
You're so lucky because at least you've got an acknowledgment letter (ASL.4043) to confirm your app.

We submitted all necessary documents required by them & the rules. Also, keeping them update the changes, they never ever sent us back to confirm anything, no letter, etc...I had to ask my MP office to contact them, but instead of receiving formal correspondence like the letter or something proper, they just rang my MP office to tell me, as I said above...

So probably, my 8 month wait should be normal then, thanks for letting me know, at least there're people waiting for 11 months...so waiting game..sigh

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Mon May 26, 2014 10:31 am

DLR-Londoner wrote: Many thanks for your reply, odat.

It's a Miss.
You're so lucky because at least you've got an acknowledgment letter (ASL.4043) to confirm your app.

We submitted all necessary documents required by them & the rules. Also, keeping them update the changes, they never ever sent us back to confirm anything, no letter, etc...I had to ask my MP office to contact them, but instead of receiving formal correspondence like the letter or something proper, they just rang my MP office to tell me, as I said above...

So probably, my 8 month wait should be normal then, thanks for letting me know, at least there're people waiting for 11 months...so waiting game..sigh

I received the ASL.4043 after I contact them by post
2 week later from submit the application we received are origins document back
Have u got ur original document back?

DLR-Londoner

Post by DLR-Londoner » Mon May 26, 2014 3:59 pm

Nope, they never sent us anything...no letter, no document back nada, you see, how bad they are to me :cry:

We submitted all doc & HP/DL extension application in Sept 2013, at the same time, I've got a job offer for NHS hospital...the hospital HR wanted to see my original doc/papers which I obviously couldn't provide them, they postponed the offer & waited...I had to contact MP to contact UKVI on behaf of me as we desperated, basically they just told my MP office on the phone!...yes!, my ext app was lodged & was in valid time...they would deal with it in due course (so shut up). My MP had to send letter to the hospital as proof of my valid in-time leave extention & confirmed I should have similar rights as my previous granted. Eventually, I managed to start working in Nov.

In Jan 2014, I moved into hospital's staff accom, sent them a letter to update my address details, no comfirmation back.

In Mar 2014, my legal rep sent a "chase-up" letter as it's been 6 months. Well, you know the drill, until now nothing came back...more sigh :cry:

That's while I'm getting so antsy...it's 8 months now, nothing, so I started googling & came across to this forum, I also posted here...

http://www.immigrationboards.com/genera ... 65200.html

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Mon May 26, 2014 4:39 pm

DLR-Londoner wrote:Nope, they never sent us anything...no letter, no document back nada, you see, how bad they are to me :cry:

We submitted all doc & HP/DL extension application in Sept 2013, at the same time, I've got a job offer for NHS hospital...the hospital HR wanted to see my original doc/papers which I obviously couldn't provide them, they postponed the offer & waited...I had to contact MP to contact UKVI on behaf of me as we desperated, basically they just told my MP office on the phone!...yes!, my ext app was lodged & was in valid time...they would deal with it in due course (so shut up). My MP had to send letter to the hospital as proof of my valid in-time leave extention & confirmed I should have similar rights as my previous granted. Eventually, I managed to start working in Nov.

In Jan 2014, I moved into hospital's staff accom, sent them a letter to update my address details, no comfirmation back.

In Mar 2014, my legal rep sent a "chase-up" letter as it's been 6 months. Well, you know the drill, until now nothing came back...more sigh :cry:

That's while I'm getting so antsy...it's 8 months now, nothing, so I started googling & came across to this forum, I also posted here...

http://www.immigrationboards.com/genera ... 65200.html

you said you are granted 3 years DLR based on Art.8 that mean you have family (partner of British citizen or kids )?
if you have kids have you submit birth certificate with the application ? if you are married with British citizen have you submit the marriage certificate?

because the letter I received from them not the ASL.4043 just letter saying they enclosed documents which I submitted as part of my application and they have noted their contents and now they able to return them to me
the documents is my marriage certificate and birth certificate and the P60
because that is the original document they send it back to me and 3 month later I send them letter ask for update on my case they send me ASL.4043

DLR-Londoner

Post by DLR-Londoner » Mon May 26, 2014 4:55 pm

Nope, I am single, never been married with anyone including the Brit, nor having Brit kid. My case is quite unique, but can't get into details too much.

As I said earlier, myself & my legal rep, we did go through everything according to the rules & UKVI requirements. We have submitted all necessary documents, none has been returned, not even a single letter from them, no acknowledgement letter, ASL.4043 - nada. We're more than 100% sure, we sent to the right dept.

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Wed May 28, 2014 2:42 pm

Hi

I feel sorry for you that its been since last year. I think you have to call them after every 2 weeks reminding them , don't let your lawyer chase them up I believe if you do it in person you will be able to know whats happening.

I called them last week and they told me to call next week of which i am going to do since by then it will be 6months.

I hope soon we will all get results but its frustrating waiting just for extension and its always good to have your form of ID back.

ArtMag
Newly Registered

Post by ArtMag » Wed May 28, 2014 3:35 pm

Hi guys

Thank you for your posts. I am in a similar situation like yours. My DLR expired at the end of September 2013. I made an application in time and I have been waiting since then, 8 months now. In that time I have called them several times, they used to tell me to wait till 6 months and after that time, they were pretty dismissive saying that, just wait.... one person even asked me why I was fussing because I still had the same status as DLR.
I have since found out that Active Review cases are dealt with in Priority using 6 categories....I unfortunately fall in the 6th category.
where do you guys fall?

Active review cases will be dealt with in priority order:
 Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking Children.
 Supported Cases.
 Judicial Review.
 Former Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking Children.
 High Harm Cases.
 Easier to remove cases.
 Chronological order[/color][/color]