ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent query for delay in application consideration

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

prashantsunny
Newly Registered

Urgent query for delay in application consideration

Post by prashantsunny » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:29 pm

Hi everyone, my HSMP application was recieved in home office on 12 June and was assigned to the caseworker on 25 June and friends since then its under consideration. I religiously give them a call once in a weekend and they very considerately tell me that its very normal and to call next weekend.
Guys please help me out, what does this mean and what has happenedd to my application. Its been just too long to wait and that too without any hope is really frustrating. :?:

apeterso925

Re: Urgent query for delay in application consideration

Post by apeterso925 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:48 pm

prashantsunny wrote:Hi everyone, my HSMP application was recieved in home office on 12 June and was assigned to the caseworker on 25 June and friends since then its under consideration. I religiously give them a call once in a weekend and they very considerately tell me that its very normal and to call next weekend.
Guys please help me out, what does this mean and what has happenedd to my application. Its been just too long to wait and that too without any hope is really frustrating. :?:
The website states, in the HSMP FAQ, that it could take 5-14 weeks to process applications:

"13. What are your processing times?

Our service standard is that 50% of new applications should be decided within 5 weeks of receipt at our payment handling service and 90% within 14 weeks.
Your decision may be delayed if we need to make further checks or seek additional information. This action may result in your application taking longer to decide."

Obviously some of us were luckier, but it's only been 4 weeks - though I do understand that you're anxious for a decision, I don't think you have any reason to worry yet.
Amy

gordon

Post by gordon » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:32 pm

Application reviews can potentially take a very long time, due to verifications, intramural reviews, policy reviews, etc., regardless of how straightforward you might think your application would be. AG

sparo
Newly Registered

Post by sparo » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:26 pm

hi sunny,
from amy`s post we see that a case is delayed if further /additional checks are needed. now if u know ur case is being delayed , i think its a good thing re-evaluate what u`ve sent against whats required.if theres something missing.subsequently u can prepare for the out come and ur nextstep.

cheers
sparo

ball1333

Post by ball1333 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:28 am

I, in my reply to your message regarding this SAME question on 16 July wrote:Your case is not unusual. Have patience. You can send a request for urgent treatment (form available for download on the HSMP site within the workingintheuk.gov.uk domain) if you can't wait.
If you are so worried why not apply for Urgent Treatment?!?! You act as though you have not received this advice.