ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Time between Tier 2 ICT and Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

natalisain

Time between Tier 2 ICT and Tier 2 General

Post by natalisain » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:05 pm

Hi

I am currently on Tier 2 ICT (expiring in apr 2014) and has applied for extension just today. Once I receive the BRP from UKBA,
Is it possible to make a Tier 2 General application later in around May or June 2014?

My concern is that is there any limitation or miminum time gap needed between 2 applications to UKBA?

Thanks
Regards

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Time between Tier 2 ICT and Tier 2 General

Post by manci » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:57 pm

there is no minimum gap.

I expect you know that you can only switch from T2 ICT to T2G if your initial T2 ICT visa was granted under the rules before 6 April 2011 and if you change sponsor.

natalisain

Post by natalisain » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:19 pm

Many thanks for the reply Manci

natalisain

Post by natalisain » Tue May 13, 2014 6:51 pm

Hi Manci

On the Cos issued to me, my sponsor has only mentioned the gross salary per annum.
There is no mention of any breakdown of allowances or bonus etc.

According to the guidelines in Sponsors guide

"Salary information on a CoS
26.10 When you assign a CoS to a migrant, you must give three pieces of information about the salary package:
a) First you must give the gross salary figure which must represent the total amount paid to the worker, gross of any tax paid (whether paid in the UK or overseas) and must include any permitted allowances and guaranteed bonuses.
b) Second, you must give a separate figure for the total of all allowances and guaranteed bonuses.
c) Finally, you must give a detailed breakdown of each allowance and each guaranteed bonus showing their value. "

Do you think is there any issue?

Thanks
Natalie

ilrcandidate
Newly Registered

Post by ilrcandidate » Wed May 14, 2014 7:16 am

Hi Natalisain, it was exactly the same for me when I switched recently and I got the visa without any issues, so I believe you should also be fine.

null1639
Indonesia

Post by null1639 » Sat May 17, 2014 11:04 am

HI, I am also currently in process for switching from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General. Posted my application on May 7th 2014. I received acknowledgment letter on May 14th (dated May 12th), yet still waiting for BRP letter up to now. Do I actually need to do another BRP for switching Tier considering I already had my BRP with my current valid visa? I start to get worried considering both letters should come together..