ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

!!!Husband beats/abuse me !!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sohail4peace

!!!Husband beats/abuse me !!!

Post by Sohail4peace » Sun May 11, 2014 1:40 am

Hi everyone !!!

I just need your precious advice specially from moderator please.

One of my wife`s friend came to our house and told my wife how she been abused and beaten by his husband quite regularly.
As she never spoke before to anyone but only first time to my wife when she met after along time.

She is on dependent visa of his husband who is on HSMP and going to apply ILR after 3 or 4 months based on 10 year long resedency visa. But his wife is on dependent visa which goona be expire next year jan or feb 2015.

She got 2 daughters 4 year and 1.5 year old .

She told that his husband treat her like a servant never give her respect for so many reasons first of all because she gave birth of 2 girls why not boys. (Off course rubbish and ideat person)

Secondlly become angry on small small issues and start beating her by dragging his hair and torture her in front of her 2 sisters who current live with them. But they never stopped him infact they provoke him to do that.

When she told all his story to me she was so depressed and start crying that alott because she doest not have any single relative or friend in this country as I only knew her because we used to live in same street when I was renting in my previous place.

She has 2 daughter and he do not look after them as well as he likes only elder daughter but not younger one.

Moreover her husband got his 3 bedroom house about 1 year ago through mortgage. But he made the false employement documents as well for his wife to get the mortgage so at present the house is on both name.

Infact she never work in this country as she is living here from last 4 year on dependant visa. he brought her wife on dependent visa from india.

Now he threatens her as well that I will leave you and get another women as well. She is so much frightened as I can not explain here. But she is requesting I wanna separation from him but wanna stay in UK as she belongs to very poor family back to india. Even in India no one wanna support her as well.

So could you guy please suggest me for her What are her possibilites please ?

Please note she is very much scared from her husband as she never spoke withone else as nowadays her husband is away so she spoke first time with me and terribly starts crying.

Thanks very much for kind suggestion.

sanjeev211161
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: !!!Husband beats/abuse me !!!

Post by sanjeev211161 » Sun May 11, 2014 5:40 am

Hi
I do not want to comment on family issues as this is a forum for immigration purposes.
From the point of immigration his matter of 'deception' should be reported to the UKBA either by phoning or writing an anonymous letter.

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Sun May 11, 2014 6:47 am

its a serious crime in uk if it can be proved otherwise if it is being used for immigration purposes then it may affect even the existing immigration status. The following organizations can be contacted:
https://www.gov.uk/report-domestic-abuse
"Words build bridges into unexplored regions" Adolf Hitler

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun May 11, 2014 11:06 am

Also help her to contact the charity Southall Black Sisters who can assist in a case like this.
http://www.southallblacksisters.org.uk/
Helpline: 020 8571 0800
Open: 9-5 Monday -Friday
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun May 11, 2014 11:08 am

If she can hold out until she has ILR that may be best. Contact Southall Black Sisters as Casa has rightly suggested. Remember the most dangerous period is usually the period just after you leave an abuser.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Sun May 11, 2014 12:57 pm

Amber_ wrote:If she can hold out until she has ILR that may be best.
Its very good idea because by this way she may get status and things be sorted more faster via joint children.
"Words build bridges into unexplored regions" Adolf Hitler

Sohail4peace

Post by Sohail4peace » Tue May 13, 2014 12:36 am

Thanks you very much guys
Few more suggestion please as you suggested if she hold out until got her ILR it would be best right ?

Today I checked her passport She is on HSMP dependant visa which going to be expire in July 2015. And she will complete her 5 year dependant visa resedency in UK in Sept 2014. So it mean can she apply ILR around Sept 2014 ?

There are few problems comes now If she entitle ILR around Sept 2014.

1) She has not done Life in the UK test but she hold ESOL qualification. And she told me her husband is avoiding this but she is worried as husband is avoiding this.

2) Her husband is going to apply his ILR in June 2014 based on his 10 year long resedency and then his 2 Kids will become UK citizen after having ILR as both were born in UK. So In that case once her child become UK citizen can she stay in UK ??? As her husband is not willing to apply her ILR.

Please respond and thx in advance

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue May 13, 2014 6:41 am

Oh if he applies for SET(M) it'll mean she'll need to complete another 5 years.

She needs to go and see a domestic abuse caseworker and also her GP make sure both write on their systems about the abuse she's suffering, next time she's hit, she needs to contact the police.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Sohail4peace

Post by Sohail4peace » Tue May 13, 2014 6:57 pm

Hi Amber!!

Thanks for reply,
My question is that On the basis of Kids British citizenship Once kids become UK citizen because of father ILR. Can Mother get stay in UK on that ground because Kids are British citizen through father ILR as they are born here ??

Even she has spend almost 5 year on dependent visa in uk ( tier 2 dependant visa )

Because Her husband intention is not good he just want to send her back to india after his ILR but she want to stay here

We are trying to contact domestic violence agency like womens aid through their contact number 08082000247 from last 3 days but always bussy. Even dropped the message as well but no reply :(

So again m

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue May 13, 2014 7:02 pm

Yes hopefully she can apply for FLR(FP). She should go to her GP too.