ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

777isanumber
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(FP) and Discretionary Leave to Remain timelines

Post by 777isanumber » Tue May 13, 2014 11:03 pm

Kukuwife wrote:
777isanumber wrote:Hello everyone

Sorry to bother you all just having some questions to ask and thought it would be wise to seek your advices.

I am married with 2 kids, but myself and my wife are currently seperated but going through counselling to help with our marriage. She is british and so are our kids. I was granted discretionary leave in 2011 and will be up to extension in couple of months. I have a good job with full time contract and have been working since 2011 earning about 30,000per year. At the moment I pay my wife maintenance weekly and pay for nursery for the kids and holiday and still some of her utilities cos we didnt bother changing the direct debit. Even though we are seperated we are still very much a family as we are strongly working on our relationship.

The only thing that changed from 3 years ago is the fact that we are seperated. Do you think this will affect my renewal? I am very very much involved in my kids lif3 as I see them during the week and every weekend. Please kindly advice me on this. Thanks
Hello thanks for sharing your story with us. This is going to be a straight forward extension since you are still involve with the children. Irrespective of the situation at the time of the application but above all I wish that things work out with both of you

Hello kukuwife,

I appreciate your mind reassuring words. Maybe I just needed to hear that. Yes myself and my wife are really working hard and hopefully we will be back together. She is very very supportive of me and we have always put d kids first which is good. I pray it all goes well. Thanks a lot. Goodluck to everyone applying and congratulations to those that got their stay. For those still waiting, your own good news will come.

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Tue May 13, 2014 11:27 pm

Congratulations to all recent winners of the battle with HO/UKBA.

nontsomi
Newly Registered

Post by nontsomi » Wed May 14, 2014 7:48 am

Thank you very much lovely people, may the good God that loves and cares for us grant all of you who are still waitingx

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Wed May 14, 2014 11:36 am

[quote="nontsomi"]Thank you very much lovely people, may the good God that loves and cares for us grant all of you who are still waitingx[/quote]

@nontsomi and @disciple! Congrats to you! The good Lord has been good to you. Stay blessed!

Spring 2014

Post by Spring 2014 » Wed May 14, 2014 12:57 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:My solicitor e-mail me today, he got a letter from home office and saying they will not reconsider my application. I sent my reconsideration request on sept 2013 after my 7 year child application was refused. Now my circumstances are changed, we further sent two letters on 5th feb 2014 (enclosed my child british citizenship certificate and urge home office consider our stay, because our child got a british citizenship)and 11th april 2014. My solicitor only say come and see me on Monday. What is the next step? Please advise.

@Shondra,how do you and family?if you can remember I said it on this forum and the other one to put in a paid application with this you will get the freedom you have been waiting for since all these month.I wish you best of luck.

Spring 2014

Post by Spring 2014 » Wed May 14, 2014 1:03 pm

elastep wrote:Hello @all, I hope all is well.

@naba. Wll done you! A very big congratulations to you and your family :D You deserve it.
To a those that have been granted congrats and well done.

Bad news guys :cry: I went to my Solicitors office unannounced as I wanted to talk about my upcoming hearing and was informed that my hearing for this month have been cancelled. I was told that my JR was withdrawn as that is the only condition that the HO agreed to give my case a full reconsideration. WTF. I was in court and that was not how it went down at all :(
I almost had a heart attack when I was told. I was in shock as I was never informed about this and it made me very angry :x I made it very clear when the JR application was made that I didn't want my JR withdrawn except if I'm granted a stay with all my cost paid or I'm given a right of appeal or a deportation order.
Why don't solicitors listern to their client?
Why can't they do as their client ask instead of doing as they want?
I'm very upset and its been a couple of days and its still makes me very mad.
Right now I have notting at court or the HO and I'm frightened that I might get picked up one day while out and about and I have no money to make any other application and I can't wait for deportation order as it might take years before I get one.

So its with this that I called my local immigration team and informed them that my application have been refused and that I was asked to contact them.
They asked me if I was calling to arange my departure from the UK and I said no and had to explain that I came with all my family member and they are all ILR holders and British Citizens except for my case which is yet to be resolved.
They took my name and address and the lady said to me " so you are not leaving the UK" and I replied "yes, that is correct as I have no family member in my country of birth to return to as they are all settled here".
I was asked to come to Eaton house 581 staines road hounslow tw4 5dl next week where my case can be given further consideration by a case worker.

I'm hoping that I will be given a deportaion order if I go there next week.
What is the worst that can happen if I go there?
Do you guys think that I should go or not?

Please share your opinion and thanks for reading. Stay blessed.

Spring 2014

Post by Spring 2014 » Wed May 14, 2014 1:23 pm

Spring 2014 wrote:
elastep wrote:Hello @all, I hope all is well.

@naba. Wll done you! A very big congratulations to you and your family :D You deserve it.
To a those that have been granted congrats and well done.

Bad news guys :cry: I went to my Solicitors office unannounced as I wanted to talk about my upcoming hearing and was informed that my hearing for this month have been cancelled. I was told that my JR was withdrawn as that is the only condition that the HO agreed to give my case a full reconsideration. WTF. I was in court and that was not how it went down at all :(
I almost had a heart attack when I was told. I was in shock as I was never informed about this and it made me very angry :x I made it very clear when the JR application was made that I didn't want my JR withdrawn except if I'm granted a stay with all my cost paid or I'm given a right of appeal or a deportation order.
Why don't solicitors listern to their client?
Why can't they do as their client ask instead of doing as they want?
I'm very upset and its been a couple of days and its still makes me very mad.
Right now I have notting at court or the HO and I'm frightened that I might get picked up one day while out and about and I have no money to make any other application and I can't wait for deportation order as it might take years before I get one.

So its with this that I called my local immigration team and informed them that my application have been refused and that I was asked to contact them.
They asked me if I was calling to arange my departure from the UK and I said no and had to explain that I came with all my family member and they are all ILR holders and British Citizens except for my case which is yet to be resolved.
They took my name and address and the lady said to me " so you are not leaving the UK" and I replied "yes, that is correct as I have no family member in my country of birth to return to as they are all settled here".
I was asked to come to Eaton house 581 staines road hounslow tw4 5dl next week where my case can be given further consideration by a case worker.

I'm hoping that I will be given a deportaion order if I go there next week.
What is the worst that can happen if I go there?
Do you guys think that I should go or not?

Please share your opinion and thanks for reading. Stay blessed.
This is really painful,I can't say I can feel what you are going through only God understand and he will make a way.

Spring 2014

Post by Spring 2014 » Wed May 14, 2014 2:02 pm

disciple wrote:It's so good here seeing everyone supporting and helping one another. I've been reading the forum for quite a while now and have benefited immensely from the contribution of everyone here.

I want to say a very BIG "THANK YOU" to everyone on this forum that has been a "pillar" of support
to me in my times of despair.

I received my BRP yesterday (and documents followed 2 hours later). After 17yrs of uncertainty, I am free to live again. I really - still cannot believe it yet!!!

I learned so much from many of your experiences, i can't thank you guys enough - @ Amber_, Kukuwife, verbina, dapsonlee, elastep, MRLAOLU, God's Authority, Hatchsead, evie233, Shondra, ThisYear, winners, naba, rina, Spring 2014 (OMG! This list could be endless - please forgive me if I missed your name )

To all those still waiting for decision, I wish you all SUCCESS in Jesus mighty name! More good news to
follow this week, this just the beginning!!!

Well, this is my (SUPER) story...

- Arrived UK 1997 (I applied for asylum @ point of entry).
- Asylum / Appeal refused in 2002.

2005 - I met my partner who had indefinite leave to remain and we have two daughters and one dependant
2011 - I had already clocked 14yrs in the UK
2011 - Consulted a solicitor for the 14yrs long residence rule, before it was abolished. Solicitor convinced me that i should apply under the legacy scheme instead.
2011 - Application for legacy made (14yrs length of stay also stressed). Waited from 2011 to 2012
with no response from the legacy team. Solicitor kept saying don't 'push' them into making an adverse decision, just give them more time. Out of frustration, i was cajoled by the solicitor to make
another flr(o) application, if i want a rapid response.

2012 - Application for flr(o) lodged.
2013 (0ct) - UKBA requested for more documents (More documents were sent).
2013 (Dec) - Flr(o) application refused.

03 Jan 2014 - Pre Action Protocol Letter sent
08 Jan 2014 - UKBA responded to PAP letter - insisting they will not reconsider their decision. New solicitor advised me to go for judicial review (unfortunately i could not afford his charges)

26 April 2014 - I submitted a new application flr(fp) myself (Cover letter was prepared by a barrister though).
01 May 2014 - Acknowledgement letter received
02 May 2014 - Biometric letter (+ Letter of ECHR) received with typo error in my name. Called HO for the correction.
04 May 2014 - Second biometric letter sent. Again another error (my surname spelt wrongly). called HO and another letter was sent.
08 May 2014 - Did my biometric enrolment.
12 May 2014 - BRP card recieved. Two hours later, postman returned all my documents.
Congratulations to you and your family,enjoy your freedom,it's your special day.Waoh.

Spring 2014

Post by Spring 2014 » Wed May 14, 2014 2:21 pm

nontsomi wrote:Hi everyone

Just want to say thank you to this amazing forum for the support I received from here. God is great , I have been granted leave to remain. Waiting for my brp now. Thank God for this day after 13years with no status and now freedom xx
Another battle won with God Interference.You deserve the freedom girl!!!hearty Congratulations.

Spring 2014

Post by Spring 2014 » Wed May 14, 2014 2:27 pm

@es2013,how are you doing and your family?yours is on the way you don't have to wait any longer.
@ All forum members waiting for their freedom day,it's on the way.We all deserve to be free,your day is nearer believe it.

Spring 2014

Post by Spring 2014 » Wed May 14, 2014 2:36 pm

777isanumber wrote:Hello everyone

Sorry to bother you all just having some questions to ask and thought it would be wise to seek your advices.

I am married with 2 kids, but myself and my wife are currently seperated but going through counselling to help with our marriage. She is british and so are our kids. I was granted discretionary leave in 2011 and will be up to extension in couple of months. I have a good job with full time contract and have been working since 2011 earning about 30,000per year. At the moment I pay my wife maintenance weekly and pay for nursery for the kids and holiday and still some of her utilities cos we didnt bother changing the direct debit. Even though we are seperated we are still very much a family as we are strongly working on our relationship.

The only thing that changed from 3 years ago is the fact that we are seperated. Do you think this will affect my renewal? I am very very much involved in my kids lif3 as I see them during the week and every weekend. Please kindly advice me on this. Thanks
Hello,you are welcome if this is your first time.I believe if you continue doing your responsibilities that is strong enough and I wish you guys can also makes it work again and become a family unit nothing is impossible.

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Wed May 14, 2014 3:34 pm

Greetings forum family! I hope I find you all in good health. Just wanted to post a quick link for those of us who are probably fighting their cases without a legal rep or those who intend to. The link basically just tries to explain how to decipher case-laws and how to see if it might be helpful in your own unique case. Hope this can be helpful to someone.

http://www.righttoremain.org.uk/legal/u ... -case-law/

Stay blessed

es2013
United Kingdom

Post by es2013 » Wed May 14, 2014 4:57 pm

Spring 2014 wrote:@es2013,how are you doing and your family?yours is on the way you don't have to wait any longer.
@ All forum members waiting for their freedom day,it's on the way.We all deserve to be free,your day is nearer believe it.
Thanks dear, am getting anxious by the day and waiting on the post man lol. Cant wait to hear any news .
Application sent: 10.04.14
Received by HO : 11.04.14
Acknow dated : 14.04.14 received 19.04.14
Biometric letter: 15.04.14 and letter of ECHR received on 17.04.14
Biometrics done: 19.04.14
More docs requested: 04.06.14 Posted 14.06.14
BRP: 19.06.14

naba

Post by naba » Fri May 16, 2014 12:11 pm

Congratulations @nontsomi and @disciple! Very happy for you both, enjoy your freedom. God bless us!

Thank you nilemarques and ThisYear. Stay blessed!!

naba

Post by naba » Fri May 16, 2014 12:15 pm

Rubablu wrote:
naba wrote:Hello lovely people : verbina, Kukuwife, dapsonlee, Hatchsead, elastep, God's Authority, MRLAOLU and others,

Hope you are keeping well. Congratulations who have been granted and all the best who are waiting.

I have been blessed as my appeale has been approved and have been awarded the fee. Can anyone please tell how long it will take to get the money back and how long to get the BRP. Thank you everyone for your moral support and information. God bless us.

The case:
- 7 years (not British born)
- Refused with no appeal right
- Appeal for appeal right
- has been approved
- Waiting for the BPR
Congratulations Naba.I have just few questions
Is your partner British ?
Are you single parent ?
Have you applied together with your parter, child and you ? or only you ?
I am asking you the question because some body says UKBA do not allow on 7 years rules if both partner apply together. I am waiting to apply soon together with my wife and son.
Thank you. My partner is not a British. We all applied together. There was a detail discussion in this forum some months ago about single parent vs two parents for the 7 years rule. You may check that which might be useful for you. Good luck!

summer2013

Post by summer2013 » Fri May 16, 2014 2:15 pm

hi everyone,

Hope you are all keeping well!!
Congratulation to those who have been granted recently. those still fighting please dont give up. I know how hard is to be on the other site but remember your day will come soon!! :D

I dont sing in very often but I check on you guys almost every day. cannot wait to celebrate for old members specially believe, dapsonlee, shondra, nilesmarque, elastep, rina, kukuwife. Best of luck to all!!
FLR(O) send: 17/08/2012 (7 yrs rule)
Bio done: 14/02/2013
Decision: Refused with no right of Appeal

surfsurf
Newly Registered

Post by surfsurf » Fri May 16, 2014 2:33 pm

Dear all.. I have been living in this country for 8 years & have a child living for 7 years ( my daughter & my wife ) as dependent. I have been on student, psw visas for last few years & there is no other route to extent my visa for another 2 years to meet 10 years. I have seen there are people applying for 7 year child concession but I'm not sure how things work out.
1. is there any chance to get a visa since my child living this country for 7 years?
2. who are the chances of having this visa ( is it really difficult?) ?

please help me with your advice. may god bless you..

bsmith13

Post by bsmith13 » Fri May 16, 2014 2:45 pm

surfsurf wrote:Dear all.. I have been living in this country for 8 years & have a child living for 7 years ( my daughter & my wife ) as dependent. I have been on student, psw visas for last few years & there is no other route to extent my visa for another 2 years to meet 10 years. I have seen there are people applying for 7 year child concession but I'm not sure how things work out.
1. is there any chance to get a visa since my child living this country for 7 years?

SurfSurf

Welcome to this forum. Based on my knowledge the 7 year rule is for children who have been living here illegally with no status not children living here as a dependent who are legally here. While not try and get the work permit so as to complete your 10 years. Better still. The gurus on this forum can contribute their own knowledge and ideas too. Goodluck.

Wishing everyone else a great weekend. Have fun

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Fri May 16, 2014 3:59 pm

bsmith13 wrote:
surfsurf wrote:Dear all.. I have been living in this country for 8 years & have a child living for 7 years ( my daughter & my wife ) as dependent. I have been on student, psw visas for last few years & there is no other route to extent my visa for another 2 years to meet 10 years. I have seen there are people applying for 7 year child concession but I'm not sure how things work out.

SurfSurf

Welcome to this forum. Based on my knowledge the 7 year rule is for children who have been living here illegally with no status not children living here as a dependent who are legally here. While not try and get the work permit so as to complete your 10 years. Better still. The gurus on this forum can contribute their own knowledge and ideas too. Goodluck.

Wishing everyone else a great weekend. Have fun
@Bsmith

your knowledge is very limited on this issue. 7 years rule is for everyone legal or illegal.

if your child spend 7 years in uk and u need to prove that why it is not reasonable for child to leave the uk. than anyone can get the visa.

Red text is difficult to prove to UKVI but courts r more independent and transparent so in court u can get the visa, in some cases UKVI also issue visa on 7 years child route.

All depends how u prove Red text.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Fri May 16, 2014 4:11 pm

Hello Brethrens.Its been ages since I posted on this forum.Few weeks ago I wrote a thesis thrice and the flippen site asked me to login in again.I then decided to not bother... :( .However,Congratulations those who have received their status and may God be with you as you enjoy the freedom!

@New Bloggers...welcome to the forum and may God make a way for you and grant you visas!

@UsualSuspects....*waves*...missed you guys and times feel if only had your emails so to send you greetings... :wink: .

Well,I'm still waiting and have surrended all into Almighty God and will never give up after coming this far.To all of us who are still in Limbo May the favour locate us right now in Jesus name,for He's a God of possibilities.He has. Never forsaken and nobody can say no when He says YES.His law us above every other law and all the battles are for Him.May He continuously keep empowering and touching each one of your lives.In God I trust and we shall prevail in Jesus name!!!

I declare and decree that we will receive our visas in Jesus name!Have a blessed weekend and take a care!!

*Excuse typos as I'm phone-blogging*
Last edited by Keisha on Fri May 16, 2014 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Fri May 16, 2014 4:29 pm

@Elastep....*hugs*....the devils is a liar but never give up.Hope you're weighing your options hey.This solicitor acting like the amoebas...how dare he does that...*vents*.I pray that God causes a turn-around in your situation in Jesus Name!!!

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Fri May 16, 2014 9:04 pm

So good to hear from you summer and keisha... Yayy my oldies on here hehehehe...
Kiesha I take that prayer and thanks for it. AMEN!!!!! He will prevail sooner than we think but ofcourse in his time not ours so patience and trust is all we have.

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Fri May 16, 2014 11:54 pm

[quote="rina"]So good to hear from you summer and keisha... Yayy my oldies on here hehehehe...
Kiesha I take that prayer and thanks for it. AMEN!!!!! He will prevail sooner than we think but ofcourse in his time not ours so patience and trust is all we have.[/quote]

@Rina...Hope all is well with you.How's the going so far?

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Sat May 17, 2014 9:39 pm

Keisha wrote:
rina wrote:So good to hear from you summer and keisha... Yayy my oldies on here hehehehe...
Kiesha I take that prayer and thanks for it. AMEN!!!!! He will prevail sooner than we think but ofcourse in his time not ours so patience and trust is all we have.
@Rina...Hope all is well with you.How's the going so far?
Not too bad. Still waiting to hear from the judge as to whether I have a case or not. The HO originally protested by staying put to their decision so we then challenged their grounds so they wrote back saying they will not respond to our challenges that we should instead wait to hear from the upper tribunal. What does that mean them saying that????????????

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Sun May 18, 2014 4:55 pm

[quote="rina"][quote="Keisha"][quote="rina"]So good to hear from you summer and keisha... Yayy my oldies on here hehehehe...
Kiesha I take that prayer and thanks for it. AMEN!!!!! He will prevail sooner than we think but ofcourse in his time not ours so patience and trust is all we have.[/quote]

@Rina...Hope all is well with you.How's the going so far?[/quote]

Not too bad. Still waiting to hear from the judge as to whether I have a case or not. The HO originally protested by staying put to their decision so we then challenged their grounds so they wrote back saying they will not respond to our challenges that we should instead wait to hear from the upper tribunal. What does that mean them saying that????????????[/quote]

@Rina...At least you got a response from the amoebas unlike me who didn't even get any response from the amoebas and the solicitor decided to file a JR.I reckon in simple terms,they will wait to hear from the judge about your case and will take it from there.qI pray that we surpass every upper tribunal law and get granted a stay.Try not to think too much about it for God is with us every step of the way.Have a blessed week!