ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I show £50k in business account that's in my name

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

syedys
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Can I show £50k in business account that's in my name

Post by syedys » Tue May 13, 2014 7:24 pm

Hi, I am applying for Tier Entrepreneur visa next month. Can I show £50k in my business account, if my name's printed on the bank statement?

Kind regards

Darvesh
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Can I show £50k in business account that's in my name

Post by Darvesh » Wed May 14, 2014 12:45 pm

show in personal account.

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Wed May 14, 2014 2:52 pm

if you will show 50k in business account, then you are required to submit a long list of documents which are manadatory, missing any single of them will result in refusal. From personal account less documents are required. so will recommend from personal account

syedys wrote:Hi, I am applying for Tier Entrepreneur visa next month. Can I show £50k in my business account, if my name's printed on the bank statement?

Kind regards

syedys
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by syedys » Thu May 15, 2014 12:15 pm

Thanks for reply. Could you kindly let me know which are these documents?

Regards

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Thu May 15, 2014 12:22 pm

check policy guidance, but top of my head are these,
1. Proof of business account e.g business statement
2. Managemnet account by Qualified account(ACCA or CA)
3. Loan certificate or shares certificate
4. CT41G
5. Management accounts should show investment with your name

i think there are some other documents as well so read guidance policy. Again will not recommend, as i know so many friends who been refused because of missing documents while trying to show investment.... Try to focus on business plan, marketing etc rather than trying to show that u have invested money... its my personal view and experience. choice is ur

syedys wrote:Thanks for reply. Could you kindly let me know which are these documents?

Regards

syedys
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by syedys » Thu May 15, 2014 12:35 pm

Thanks a lot for advice. My problem is I had only 1 personal account that was closed by Halifax. I was running my business through that account. it's a long story, and I don't seem to get a new personal account any time soon . Now the only thing that I have is a business account. But it's not a company account. I am doing my business as a sole trader.

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Thu May 15, 2014 12:46 pm

can u not open instant saving account?? I used saving account for my own application. Money should be accessible by u at all time, meaning there should not be any restriction on withdrawing money

syedys wrote:Thanks a lot for advice. My problem is I had only 1 personal account that was closed by Halifax. I was running my business through that account. it's a long story, and I don't seem to get a new personal account any time soon . Now the only thing that I have is a business account. But it's not a company account. I am doing my business as a sole trader.

syedys
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by syedys » Thu May 15, 2014 9:10 pm

To be honest I can't even do that at the moment. My previous bank has put some marker on my credit file, which is preventing me open any type of account. They have accepted their mistake and it will be rectified, but I don't have enough time to wait for them.

Momi
United Kingdom

Post by Momi » Fri May 16, 2014 1:17 am

I would say that don't show your investment in business account. If you go through this forum then you will find many refusals only for having investment in business account.
Ask you current bank to open an account for you. If it wasn't your mistake then you can easily open an account online.

Can you kindly share that what business you are doing? You stated sole trader. Are you selling any products and want to get tier1 entrepreneur on that business?

syedys
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by syedys » Fri May 16, 2014 6:58 am

Yes, currently I am selling mobile phone accessories online, but I am going to start a new business of network support as well.

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Fri May 16, 2014 8:41 am

to open simple saving account, banks do not check credit history, as saving is not credit account. so atleast try it...

syedys wrote:To be honest I can't even do that at the moment. My previous bank has put some marker on my credit file, which is preventing me open any type of account. They have accepted their mistake and it will be rectified, but I don't have enough time to wait for them.