ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pls check the declaration letter of my husband if right

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mrs.mdeben

Pls check the declaration letter of my husband if right

Post by Mrs.mdeben » Wed May 14, 2014 12:27 am

Re – Declaration of the EEA National that the applicant will be travelling with him/her to UK

I, Maurizio XXXXX, British national, passport no. XXXXXXXXX, resident of Republic of Cyprus since 24/11/2011, hereby certify that my wife Lady XXXXX, Filipino national, passport no. XXXXXXXXX, lived and worked in Cyprus since 13/11/2011, will be travelling with me for our honeymoon once she is issued with the EEA Family Permit. I met my wife January 21, 2013, started our relationship on February 5, 2013 then started living with her February 10, 2013, got engaged on April 17, 2014 and after living together for almost 1year & 5months we got married last May 19, 2014.

As a British citizen exercising my treaty rights & moved the center of my life in Republic of Cyprus since 2011 until present, I wish to exercise my right of free movement and residency as stated in the Free Movement Directive 2004/38/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 29 April, 2004 and I’m also aware of the 2014 Amendment of Surinder Singh case therefore I would like to travel with my Non-EU wife for our honeymoon and a holiday that will last for a month or so.

Attached are all supporting documents to verify that all the information provided is true.

Please contact me if you require any further details to assist the EEA Family Permit process.

Yours faithfully,

Maurizio XXXXX

rosebead
Member of Standing

Re: Pls check the declaration letter of my husband if right

Post by rosebead » Wed May 14, 2014 2:02 pm

Here's an old example of a Surinder Singh template letter before the centre of life rule changes on Jan 1st. You can adapt that letter to suit you. The British sponsor in that letter is applying for a Code 1A stamp but the principle is the same for EEA FP which you are applying for based on Regulation 9 of the Immigration (EEA) Regulations 2006. To that letter, the British sponsor should add some stuff about the host country being his centre of life, and include evidence such as joining a gym, going to church, registration certificate/residence card (which proves his intention to settle there), driving licence, bought property, etc.
Last edited by rosebead on Wed May 14, 2014 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mrs.mdeben

Post by Mrs.mdeben » Wed May 14, 2014 2:15 pm

rosebead wrote:Here's an old example of a Surinder Singh template letter before the centre of life rule changes on Jan 1st. You can adapt that letter to suit you. The British sponsor in that letter is applying for a Code 1A stamp but the principle is the same for EEA FP which you are applying for based on Regulation 9 of the Immigration (EEA) Regulations 2006. To that letter, the British sponsor should add some stuff about the host country being his centre of life, and including evidence such as joining a gym, going to church, registration certificate/residence card (which proves his intention to settle there), driving licence, bought property, etc.
Thanks for the sample letter. Can you explain me about the code1A? As you said, its similar with eeafp? To be honest i never heard that and I never saw that on gov.uk so please explain it to me.

Can we apply gym membership this week? It will help even though its a very recent membership? My husband to be is a member of freemason, is it worth it to submit that as well?

rosebead
Member of Standing

Post by rosebead » Wed May 14, 2014 4:33 pm

Gym membership is only an example of what you could include, but if he's not a member already I wouldn't join up now as it looks too contrived. Proof of centre of life by the way does include employment, residence and family life (i.e. you living together), but in addition it might be good to include further proof of your sponsor's "integration" into Cypriot life, such as for example a Cyprus driving licence, receipts for language lessons, club membership cards, registration certificate, medical card, library card - anything really that makes it look like he particpated/settled into Cyprus life.

A Code 1A is similar to an EEA FP, except that this is an entry visa that is issued to you on-the-spot by UK border controls (providing you meet Surinder Singh criteria if your sponsor is British) when you arrive BY LAND to the UK border - so that would be Calais in France for example.

Mrs.mdeben

Post by Mrs.mdeben » Wed May 14, 2014 4:59 pm

rosebead wrote:Gym membership is only an example of what you could include, but if he's not a member already I wouldn't join up now as it looks too contrived. Proof of centre of life by the way does include employment, residence and family life (i.e. you living together), but in addition it might be good to include further proof of your sponsor's "integration" into Cypriot life, such as for example a Cyprus driving licence, receipts for language lessons, club membership cards, registration certificate, medical card, library card - anything really that makes it look like he particpated/settled into Cyprus life.

A Code 1A is similar to an EEA FP, except that this is an entry visa that is issued to you on-the-spot by UK border controls (providing you meet Surinder Singh criteria if your sponsor is British) when you arrive BY LAND to the UK border - so that would be Calais in France for example.
At the moment what we have are:
Employment contract rom old job and the new one.
Lease agreement with both our names.
Cyprus driving license.
Free mason certification.
Registration certificate.
He owns 2 cars in cyprus so car registration as well.
Rc cars club membership.
He got a greek lesson for 8months but only from a random cypriot friend.

When he was a kid, his family lives in cyprus, he went for school but then came back for uni in uk and after came back to cyprus for job. His grandparents lives in cyprus. Grandpa is buried in a military cemetery. Do we need to include that info or it doesn't matter anymore.

Now i understand code1A. Its too risky, i think i will go for a applying family permit.

Thank u for the information xxx

rosebead
Member of Standing

Post by rosebead » Wed May 14, 2014 5:10 pm

Proof of his relatives currently living in Cyprus is certainly good evidence. Judging from what you've listed I would say those are good proofs of "integration" - I don't think it's necessary to go above board with this as I think a few proofs of integration is enough.

In addtition to work contract, for proof of employment some people also add payslips and provide bank statements showing the payment of earnings going in.

In addition to a rental contract, some people also provide proof of utility bills in either the sponsor's name or the applicant's name, or in both names which is even better. Joint bank accounts are also good proofs of living together.

Mrs.mdeben

Post by Mrs.mdeben » Wed May 14, 2014 6:25 pm

rosebead wrote:Proof of his relatives currently living in Cyprus is certainly good evidence. Judging from what you've listed I would say those are good proofs of "integration" - I don't think it's necessary to go above board with this as I think a few proofs of integration is enough.

In addtition to work contract, for proof of employment some people also add payslips and provide bank statements showing the payment of earnings going in.

In addition to a rental contract, some people also provide proof of utility bills in either the sponsor's name or the applicant's name, or in both names which is even better. Joint bank accounts are also good proofs of living together.
I will try to sort out the proof of his family living here.

We can get payslips from his employer, he always get his salary in cash so even we submit bank statement, salary will not reflect on it.

About the bills, the name of the electric and water bills are in the name of the owner, they only show us the original bills and give us receipt that we payed them. There are receipt on my name and his name because sometimes I am the one who pays them. I need to find all the receipts when we come back. Is that ok? We dont have any joint account because i was an offshore worker before, but when we come back, i can add his name on my account. Good or bad idea?

rosebead
Member of Standing

Post by rosebead » Thu May 15, 2014 12:39 am

You can only send in what you've got, so if landlord receipts in your names for utility bills is all you have then include them. Payslips are always good. I guess it wouldn't hurt to put your partner's name on your account as it shows that your relationship is serious, but other than that it's only really a recent proof of your residence together and not of the entire time you've been together. Any other official documents in your names at the same address is also good proof. You can't worry too much about it, you can only send in what you've got.

Mrs.mdeben

Post by Mrs.mdeben » Thu May 15, 2014 12:49 am

rosebead wrote:You can only send in what you've got, so if landlord receipts in your names for utility bills is all you have then include them. Payslips are always good. I guess it wouldn't hurt to put your partner's name on your account as it shows that your relationship is serious, but other than that it's only really a recent proof of your residence together and not of the entire time you've been together. Any other official documents in your names at the same address is also good proof. You can't worry too much about it, you can only send in what you've got.
I have receipts from landlord which some of them are in my name and some is in husband's name because sometimes its me who payed and sometimes him so I will include the, I think I have the complete set of receipts. I don't think there are other documents in my name because most of it they go directly on my parents house and sometimes in my work address. I will try to find some. Once I come back to cyprus, I will try to post here all the documents I have and pls do check it when u have time just to see if it ok.

Thank u very much for your time rosebead. I've read alot about EEAFP and I thought I almost know everything, actually I helped one of my friend last december and she got approved but because there is a new amendment that I never saw before, I felt like I dont have any idea on what Im doing but because of ur help, Its a more better now.

Thank u again. xxx