ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

urgent advice please

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

UK_BR5

urgent advice please

Post by UK_BR5 » Tue May 13, 2014 11:03 pm

our applications for PR (got rejected) got rejected. i am a a non-EU so i have to apply for EEA2 but my 2 quick questions :

1) my wife is EU citizen (Romanian) having the yellow card since 2009 - does she need to apply for a new registration certificate on EEA1 ?

2) my 7 months old son who was born in the UK - do i need to apply for EEA1 him as well ? i was hoping he would british citizenship when we get PR but as we are rejected now , what do i do about his residency ?

i would appreciate your urgent advice to reapply ASAP.

Hubba

Re: urgent advice please

Post by Hubba » Wed May 14, 2014 2:46 am

UK_BR5 wrote:our applications for PR (got rejected) got rejected. i am a a non-EU so i have to apply for EEA2 but my 2 quick questions :

1) my wife is EU citizen (Romanian) having the yellow card since 2009 - does she need to apply for a new registration certificate on EEA1 ?

2) my 7 months old son who was born in the UK - do i need to apply for EEA1 him as well ? i was hoping he would british citizenship when we get PR but as we are rejected now , what do i do about his residency ?

i would appreciate your urgent advice to reapply ASAP.
1) No, she doesn't need to apply for EEA1. Her passport is enough, being Romanian.

2) I take that your son is Romanian as well, so you don't need to apply for EEA1 for him. He is a dependent of you and your wife, so he would dependant of her Treaty Rights exercise, but you certainly don't need to apply for him.

Regarding your son's British citizenship, you should be able to register him as British as soon as your wife get PR, which, according to your other post, can happen as soon as 2016. As long as you guys are settled (i.e. with PR) before he's 7 years old, you should be able to register him as British.

UK_BR5

Post by UK_BR5 » Wed May 14, 2014 7:42 pm

many thanks hubba

Hubba

Post by Hubba » Thu May 15, 2014 5:11 am

UK_BR5 wrote:many thanks hubba
No problem, mate.