ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First Entry with new EEA Permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SarahMartin
Newly Registered

First Entry with new EEA Permit

Post by SarahMartin » Thu May 15, 2014 12:12 am

Hello,

I just received my EEA Family Permit and will be flying to London this weekend without my spouse. Do I need to provide any additional paperwork to the immigration officer at Heathrow - besides what I provided for my original application? I swear there used to be a section on the UK visa website with guidance for your first entry but I can't find it.

Second question, at the end of the month I'm flying to my spouse's home country for a family event. On our return - do I need to bring the same paperwork again? And do we need to go through the same immigration line together? Thanks in advance for your advice.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: First Entry with new EEA Permit

Post by Jambo » Thu May 15, 2014 12:51 am

Is your spouse in the UK already? The Family Permit is to be used when traveling with or joining your EEA spouse. Otherwise, normal visitor visa rules apply.

When using documentation under EEA Regulations, you can use the EU line. No landind card is required.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

SarahMartin
Newly Registered

Re: First Entry with new EEA Permit

Post by SarahMartin » Thu May 15, 2014 3:50 am

Thank you Jambo. I am joining my spouse in England.

Great to know about being able to use the EU line when we are traveling together and not needing a landing card. Appreciate the help.