ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant ILR with new Entry clearance b/w qualifying period

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

varghesejim
India

Dependant ILR with new Entry clearance b/w qualifying period

Post by varghesejim » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:21 pm

Hello,

I will be eligible for ILR by this June and planning to apply with my wife and kid using the Set(O) form. There is a complication in our application though.

My wife joined me on September 2009 and after living here for 2.5 years she went back to home on March 2012 for delivery of our child. We did not get a change to renew her visa because of some reasons. As per the rules existed at that time it was 2 years for the dependent to get ILR , so her visa expiring shouldn't have any consequences. However UKBA changed the rule shortly to make the qualifying period to 5 years. My wife applied for a new Entry clearance with the child in December 2012 and came back to UK on March 2103. As per the new entry clearance rules the qualifying period is 5 years.

Given that she was eligible as per her first entry clearance and we had to travel because of medical reasons, we are going ahead and applying for ILR for all of us including my wife.

Questions:

1) As we are all applying on the same application(Set(O)), will a rejection for my wife's ILR affect me and our son's ILR applications?

2)If ILR gets rejected, should we appeal given that she was originally eligible?

3)In case of all doors closed, should we apply for my wife's Tier1 dependant or ILR dependant? In other words, will ILR dependant visa application reset the ILR clock?

Will appreciate your suggestions. Thanks in advance.

varghesejim
India

Re: Dependant ILR with new Entry clearance b/w qualifying pe

Post by varghesejim » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:01 am

Senior members, please help.

betterlatethannever

Post by betterlatethannever » Wed May 14, 2014 12:50 pm

Can you please update how did you proceed? As my case is exactly same as yours.

raj1234
Newly Registered

Post by raj1234 » Thu May 15, 2014 8:53 am

HI,

My case is also similar any help would be great.

Siva