ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shahjee1234

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu May 15, 2014 10:58 am

mind202 wrote:thanks for giving h/o number.i have soken to home office and they could't find me in the system .is it normal or not i don't know.when i asked them why they think i have not received letter for biometrics.he replied some time its the way you have paid ur fee.by giving ur card details are the quickest.but i have sent check.how did u sent ur fee
Hi mind202,
Yes I did the same, I send a cheque, and that takes longer to clear, hence longer for the acknowledgment and even more longer for the biometric. My biometric letter took 24-25 days to arrive, so don't worry it is nothing out of the ordinary. Give it this week, if not than make sure to give them a call and try to track it. All the best mate.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

kalps999
Newly Registered

Post by kalps999 » Thu May 15, 2014 11:19 am

Hello Guys,

Quick update. I got my wife FLR (M) approved. Just got all the documents today. Applied on 5th April 2014. I was in the process of sending the follow up cover letter requesting HO to start processing my wife's application today. We haven't got the BRP yet so don't know whether they issued the visa on old or new rules. Hoping for the best though.

God bless
Kalps

frahman
Newly Registered

Post by frahman » Thu May 15, 2014 11:24 am

msmussaf wrote:
frahman wrote:
frahman wrote:

Still waiting for the package to arrive ...royal mail is bit slow today ...got out of work early today..couldn't concentrate on anything..Everything depends on Almighty Allah....

Haven't received it today .. They said it was posted on 13/05/14 ,gave me tracking ..but Royal mail website displays ... Details not available for this signed for parcel.

Hopefully will receive it tomorrow. Will update the outcome.
Thanks
Dont worry its on his way. insha Allah it will be good.

Thanks to Almighty Allah .... I have just received my BRP card ..waiting for the documents to arrive yet.thank you for your suport . Inshallah everyone will receive good news.... Ahhhh freedom after 10.6 years ...
Applied 31/01/14. Biometric - 27/02/14 approval dated on brp 13/05/2014.

Shahkakaram

Re: ILR refused appeal allowed

Post by Shahkakaram » Thu May 15, 2014 11:33 am

supers wrote:
supers wrote:My ILR on 10 years residence application is refused with appeal right.

The reason is that - I had an application on 22nd January 2007 for SEGS and they could not take money from the credit card. They refused the application on 24 january and gave 28 days to re-apply. Unfortunately, i did not receive the latter with my document. at the beginning of March 2007 i have called HO that I did not here anything and they replied they have sent the application long ago and could not gave any ref how can i get.. asked me to contact royal main..I contact and collect..I called HO again that 28 days is already over they say just fill the payment page and send the document..I got visa..

I applied SAR…and it says that in the summary there is no overstay for more than 28 days..but the application acceptance and rejection was mentioned on the time line..

I have been here 9 years as student 1 year SEGS and did MSc with Distinction and just completed PhD…

Any advice, help or how to appeal..or anyone been through such situation…please please…christmas holiday is approaching.
Hello guys,
Following my above post. My appeal was allowed by the judge on 20 March 2014..So far I have not hard anything form HO..I called them this morning and the lady said the application is not with the case worker yet..I called my lawyer, he said he will write a letter to HO regarding this matter.

During my conversation with HO, I told them the time line for the court determination to got to case worker is 4 weeks and she said "There is no time-line!".

This really important to the visa ASAP..it's been 8 month since the application..can't wait anymore..need to get a job..get my life back!

Hello super ,

Can we know your timeline please ?

I also had a invalid application due to the payment long time back in 2007 for which i don't have any HO letters with me at the moment , probably i have thrown them away during house moved ....bit worrying about it though ...

thanks

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu May 15, 2014 12:08 pm

Thanks to Almighty Allah .... I have just received my BRP card ..waiting for the documents to arrive yet.thank you for your suport . Inshallah everyone will receive good news.... Ahhhh freedom after 10.6 years ...
Applied 31/01/14. Biometric - 27/02/14 approval dated on brp 13/05/2014.[/quote]

Well done mate, Congrates. Please remember us in your prayers. Enjoy the freedom. All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee

GOd Helps

Post by GOd Helps » Thu May 15, 2014 12:31 pm

ALHAMODILLIAH E RABBILALAMIN
speceil thanks to Amber!!!
GUUZZS!!!
JUSt go my mrs FLRm on old rules !
applied 3 april
bio done 28/4
approval 14/5
awaiting BRP

pre 9 july and pre 6 april
tier 4 dependant

I clearly wrotte in my cover letter that she comes under section 284 of rules enforced on5/4/2014.
i filled section 7B
3 months bank statement ans payslips
i was so worried as i was on tier 4 prior to my long residency
best of luch every one
I HOPE THE VISA IS FOR 2 YEARS DO NOT KNOW THIS YET

March_LR14

Post by March_LR14 » Thu May 15, 2014 1:23 pm

Hi,

Any good news from Feb applicant's today?

Please do share with us.

Regards

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu May 15, 2014 1:53 pm

GOd Helps wrote:ALHAMODILLIAH E RABBILALAMIN
GUUZZS!!!
applied 3 april
bio done 28/4
approval 14/5
awaiting BRP

tier 4 dependant

I clearly wrotte in my cover letter that she comes under section 284 of rules enforced on5/4/2014.
i filled section 7B
best of luch every one
Hi GOd Helps,
Congratulations to you and your Mrs for the FLR(M), but what makes you say that it is under the old rules when you don't know the duration of the visa ??
Regards
Shahjee

GOd Helps

Post by GOd Helps » Thu May 15, 2014 2:00 pm

i am assuming it as i filled section 7b which is for old rules , i do not fulfil the income threshold of 18600 . i relied on my savings for this visa and as a student my salay was much less. i did only submit docs for three months where as according to new rules they should be for 6 months.
in short i do not fulfil the criteria of appendix i.7 so if it is new rules they should have rejected it.
this is why i am assuming any ways what ever the case i am happy

kalps999
Newly Registered

Post by kalps999 » Thu May 15, 2014 2:40 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
GUUZZS!!!
applied 3 april
bio done 28/4
approval 14/5
awaiting BRP

tier 4 dependant

i filled section 7B
best of luch every one
Hi GOd Helps,
Congratulations to you and your Mrs for the FLR(M), but what makes you say that it is under the old rules when you don't know the duration of the visa ??
Regards
Shahjee

Hi All,

I believe Gold Help is correct. All those pre july and pre 6th april will be considered under old rules. Even the HO letter that comes with document has this line

"As a person who has entered a marriage, civil partnership, unmarried partnership or same sex partnership to someone settled in this country you may now stay here for a futher period of two years, provided you continue to meet the requirements of the immigration rules. The BRP shows your immigration status and entitlements while your remain in the United Kingdom."

Hope this helps those who are anxious and will be provide some mental relief.

God Bless
Kalps

kalps999
Newly Registered

Post by kalps999 » Thu May 15, 2014 3:07 pm

Hi All,

Yet another update. Just received BRP for My wife's FLR (M) and visa valid is for 2 years, so HO is treating pre july and pre 6th april under old rules. Time to partyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. yay...........

God Bless
Kalps

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu May 15, 2014 3:14 pm

Hi All,

I believe Gold Help is correct. All those pre july and pre 6th april will be considered under old rules. Even the HO letter that comes with document has this line

"As a person who has entered a marriage, civil partnership, unmarried partnership or same sex partnership to someone settled in this country you may now stay here for a futher period of two years, provided you continue to meet the requirements of the immigration rules. The BRP shows your immigration status and entitlements while your remain in the United Kingdom."

Hope this helps those who are anxious and will be provide some mental relief.

God Bless
Kalps[/quote]

Thanks a lot Kalps. Confirmation from you gives a big relief. I hope that including GOd helps, and many others members who's dependants have applied for the FLR(M) get the right visas under the old rules.
Many thanks for sharing that.
Kind regards
Shahjee

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu May 15, 2014 3:16 pm

kalps999 wrote:Hi All,

Yet another update. Just received BRP for My wife's FLR (M) and visa valid is for 2 years, so HO is treating pre july and pre 6th april under old rules. Time to partyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. yay...........

God Bless
Kalps
Well done Kalps, very well done, thanks again for sharing.
Regards
Shahjee

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Thu May 15, 2014 3:57 pm

That is a great news...... I was thinking if they refuse my visa then I can use your case as reference in my appeal....

GOd Helps wrote:i am assuming it as i filled section 7b which is for old rules , i do not fulfil the income threshold of 18600 . i relied on my savings for this visa and as a student my salay was much less. i did only submit docs for three months where as according to new rules they should be for 6 months.
in short i do not fulfil the criteria of appendix i.7 so if it is new rules they should have rejected it.
Freedom is every thing.....simply loving it.

GOd Helps

Post by GOd Helps » Thu May 15, 2014 4:05 pm

KashRIz wrote:That is a great news...... I was thinking if they refuse my visa then I can use your case as reference in my appeal....

GOd Helps wrote:i am assuming it as i filled section 7b which is for old rules , i do not fulfil the income threshold of 18600 . i relied on my savings for this visa and as a student my salay was much less. i did only submit docs for three months where as according to new rules they should be for 6 months.

IA you will not deed to do this but yes you may in worst case scenerio. But I did write a cover letter celarly stating how is she eligible i think that might have worked.

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Thu May 15, 2014 4:18 pm

Yes mate, I have phoned HO a min agi my letter is received but no decision is made on my MRS FLR(m). bit confused now.....
GOd Helps wrote:
KashRIz wrote:That is a great news...... I was thinking if they refuse my visa then I can use your case as reference in my appeal....

IA you will not deed to do this but yes you may in worst case scenerio. But I did write a cover letter celarly stating how is she eligible i think that might have worked.
Freedom is every thing.....simply loving it.

gulll

Post by gulll » Thu May 15, 2014 4:57 pm

Rockefeller wrote:
gulll wrote:hi guys,
just quickly wanted to discuss some issue, your response would be highly appreciated.
I am preparing myself for ILR next month, currently am on 3C, 3D due to pending appeal, made my mind for withdrawing appeal and re-applying with in 28 days with fresh long residence application, but my solicitor came up with some suggestion i.e. to variate my application by sending them life in the UK certificate and asking them to consider my long residence application instead of Tier 1, but I am not much satisfied with this suggestion as personally don't think so one can do it as rules suggests, decided application cant be varied.
a) my question here is, does my application falls in decided category as its been refused or until decision is not made from court it will be still consider as pending?

b) secondly how much do you agree with my solicitor advice?
many thanks in advance.
Hi there

You can not vary an application while an appeal is pending. You are only able to vary before HO make a decision on your case or if appeal has been decided in your favour and you are waiting for HO to issue your leave to remain.
You can do either of the following
1) Withdraw your appeal and put in a SETLR application immediately. However, you may want to check whether that there are no gaps on your stay or any other reason why your SETLR may be refused.
2) You can add your ten years legal stay as an additional ground of your appeal. The way to do this is to write to both HO presenting officers and tribunal before the hearing date that you are adding 10 year lawful state as an additional ground to be considered during appeal. You will also need to evidence your claim.
Thanks alot for your prompt reply Roketfeller.
All I am wondering is what could be the worst case scenario if I withdraw my appeal and re-apply for ILR?
I had my previous applications all in time and prosprocessed without any problem, but the recent one was refused due to genuine earning test. If you can kindly shed some light, if my case is straightforward and has good chances for ILR or should I go for appeal? How would I know if there are any adversaries against me??
Once again many thanks.

legend786

Post by legend786 » Thu May 15, 2014 5:01 pm

Thanks by the grace of almighty ALLAH i have received my biometric card today also :D
I wish very best of luck to those who waiting
Thanks for everyone's support and kind help

msmussaf

Post by msmussaf » Thu May 15, 2014 6:07 pm

legend786 wrote:Thanks by the grace of almighty ALLAH i have received my biometric card today also :D
I wish very best of luck to those who waiting
Thanks for everyone's support and kind help

many many congrats bro

Time line Please ? when you applied ?

msmussaf

Post by msmussaf » Thu May 15, 2014 6:08 pm

KashRIz wrote:Yes mate, I have phoned HO a min agi my letter is received but no decision is made on my MRS FLR(m). bit confused now.....

Dont wory it will be OK Insha Allah

msmussaf

Post by msmussaf » Thu May 15, 2014 6:12 pm

GUUZZS!!!
applied 3 april
bio done 28/4
approval 14/5
awaiting BRP

tier 4 dependant

i filled section 7B
best of luch every one
Congratulations, i know you cant explain your feeling.

msmussaf

Post by msmussaf » Thu May 15, 2014 6:14 pm

kalps999 wrote:Hi All,

God Bless
Kalps

Wow What a brilliant update. Congrats man enjoy. partYYYY :P :P

msmussaf

Post by msmussaf » Thu May 15, 2014 6:17 pm

Please all those people who gained their ILR keep an eye on the forum may be someone needs your help.

God Helps those who help themselves But God also helps those who help others.

Dont you think that waiting for ILR made me scholar. lol

tulib143
Newly Registered

Post by tulib143 » Thu May 15, 2014 6:56 pm

Ton2014 wrote:Hi! Tulib143
Home Office’s requirements from 20 November 2013 provided list of awarding body where my wife's certificate was not on the list. Probably, this may be or don't know why?
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _tests.pdf[

thanks,

ton
Hi Ton2014
I know what u meant to say about list. Look I said u that IESOL only for those people who came from outside of England. Therefore within UK u can't give this exam it is only for internationally. So I have linked the link pls read it and I hope u can understand what home office meant to say.
Thank you
Let me know
Tulib143

legend786

Post by legend786 » Thu May 15, 2014 7:11 pm

Here is my timeline:
Application applied: 02-01-2014
Biometric received: 17-01-2014
Biometric done: 21-01-2014
Application approved: 12-05-2014
Documents received: 14-05-2014
Biometric received: 15-05-2014

I wish very best of luck for waiting people.
Thanks once again for everybody's kind help and assistance here:D
Last edited by legend786 on Thu May 15, 2014 7:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.