ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

affects of housing benefit on ilr applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

samiakhanam
Newly Registered

affects of housing benefit on ilr applications

Post by samiakhanam » Thu May 15, 2014 6:28 pm

hi
i am british citizenon unpaid maternity leave and have a 10 months old baby my husband is on a 2 year spouse visa granted july 2012(old rule)
i am at a temporary accomadation from the council, for my housing benefit claim they have to add my husbands details as apartner living with me and his income , i want to know if i am the main applicatant will our hb claim be problems for my husbands ilr which he will apply octoer 2014
i would appreciate your help thanks in advance

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: affects of housing benefit on ilr applications

Post by Amber » Thu May 15, 2014 7:55 pm

Although the claim should be joint and include both your incomes, the award's applicable amount should be based on a single person/lone parent rather than couple amount.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

samiakhanam
Newly Registered

Post by samiakhanam » Fri May 16, 2014 5:54 am

Thanks Amba I would let the benefit officer know

samiakhanam
Newly Registered

Post by samiakhanam » Sat May 17, 2014 6:31 am

Hi Amba I have spoken to the benefit officer and he said the entitlement will be as s family/couple ,there's no law that I can be paid as a line parent or single because I am married and living with someone. Would this affect him what should I do known pled help . Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat May 17, 2014 7:43 am

It could do, that's the issue with housing benefit, although the law doesn't distinguish, the local authority do have discretion and can grant housing benefit as a single/loan parent award.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.