ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

wife Job offer in Dubai and i am on 2yrs probationary visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

student30
Newly Registered

wife Job offer in Dubai and i am on 2yrs probationary visa

Post by student30 » Thu May 15, 2014 9:31 pm

Hi all,

i am on spouse visa probationary period of two years and my wife received job offer from her company to move to Dubai as an ex pat. I would like to know what this mean for me? My probationary period of two years will finish in Feb 2015. if we leave UK now and decide to return after few years does this mean i have to go through the whole visa process again? is there anything in rule about getting ILR before leaving the UK. we have a year old son and been married for three yrs. Wife and Son both are british Citizens.

Many thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: wife Job offer in Dubai and i am on 2yrs probationary vi

Post by Casa » Thu May 15, 2014 9:36 pm

Yes, if you leave the UK for a few years you will have to re-apply for a spouse visa and start again. Even once you have ILR you can't be absent for more than 2 years without losing your right to permanent residence. You can't apply for ILR until you have completed your 2 year probationary period.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

student30
Newly Registered

Post by student30 » Thu May 15, 2014 10:15 pm

This is what I thought just wanted to double check thanks.
Last question I came to uk in sep 2010 and got married in june 2011 but didnt apply for spouse visa till june 2012 granted in feb 2013. So my question is if I get ILR in Feb 2015 when can I apply for citizenship. Is that five yrs point of entry or five yrs on spouse visa?

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 15, 2014 10:25 pm

to apply for BC as spouse of BC, you need three years residence and any valid visa counts towards this. If you meet the spouse of BC residence and standard requirement the day you receive ILR, you can apply immediately for BC without waiting 12 months on ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

student30
Newly Registered

Post by student30 » Fri May 16, 2014 9:01 am

Thank you.

i just realised that when i came in UK Sep 2010- i returned to pakistan end of Sep 2011 and re-applied for student visa and granted in Jan 12.

so i guess i can only apply for BC in Feb 2015 (that will be 3 yrs continously living in UK). so in summary probation two yrs expires in Feb 14 and 3 yrs completed in uk in Feb 15 (rather than counting from Sep 10 as i retured to pak visa expired).

another thought i was reading some one else post here but no one reply to her question so i thought i ask here if my wife and son leave now for Dubai to take her new position (it will not be done till end of august) and i remain in UK will this cause any issues to my ILR appication in Feb 14 obviously they will visit me over weekends/holidays etc. If no then i remain for another a yr and apply for BC. she can join me to UK when i apply for visa etc. what are your thoughts on this?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri May 16, 2014 9:08 am

student30 wrote: another thought i was reading some one else post here but no one reply to her question so i thought i ask here if my wife and son leave now for Dubai to take her new position (it will not be done till end of august) and i remain in UK will this cause any issues to my ILR appication in Feb 14 obviously they will visit me over weekends/holidays etc. If no then i remain for another a yr and apply for BC. she can join me to UK when i apply for visa etc. what are your thoughts on this?
I think it will as the British citizen is plainly NOT living in the UK..
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri May 16, 2014 11:32 pm

Absences in connection with sponsor's employment should be ok. Do provide evidence that the relationship is genuine and subsisting.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.