ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

March_LR14

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by March_LR14 » Thu May 15, 2014 7:18 pm

legend786 wrote:Here is my timeline:
Application applied: 01-02-2014
Biometric received: 17-01-2014
Biometric done: 21-01-2014
Application approved: 12-05-2014
Documents received: 14-05-2014
Biometric received: 15-01-2014

I wish very best of luck for waiting people
Thanks once again for everyone here :D
Many Congratulations and Good luck with your future.

I f you don't mind can you tell us did you apply under Long Residnecy route? I am asking this because in one of your previous post you said Home Office requested past 2 years documents from you but those additional documents are only required if you can't prove otherwise that you were legally present in UK during that time?

Regards

legend786

Post by legend786 » Thu May 15, 2014 7:22 pm

Yes I applied on long residency basis but as everyone knows Ho are king of the jungle at the moment so you have to comply with their demands whatever they ask you to fulfill with so which I did! And I thought no point arguing with them "why they want these documents because according to this category they can't" because arguing on this point I could have lost much more time which I didn't want to be honest because according to circumstances I wasn't in a position to do that if you understand what I mean so I just sent what case worker asked me to send and It was a painful wait but good result at the end

March_LR14

Post by March_LR14 » Thu May 15, 2014 7:31 pm

legend786 wrote:Yes I applied on long residency basis but as everyone knows Ho are king of the jungle at the moment so you have to comply with their demands whatever they ask you to fulfill with so which I did! And I thought no point arguing with them "why they want these documents because according to this category they can't" because arguing on this point I could have lost much more time which I didn't want to be honest because according to circumstances I wasn't in a position to do that if you understand what I mean so I just sent what case worker asked me to send and It was a painful wait but good result at the end
Many Thanks for your reply.

I understand. I am in the same situation waiting for my visa so that i can start working again.

legend786

Post by legend786 » Thu May 15, 2014 7:37 pm

But thankfully I had my visa until 2016 so I didn't have visa running out trouble but frankly it was a proper pain as you are going through but be patience and hopefully you'll get yours soon

raihankhandaker
Newly Registered

Post by raihankhandaker » Thu May 15, 2014 7:57 pm

How long we have to wait for February decision. Cant take anymore

March_LR14

Post by March_LR14 » Thu May 15, 2014 8:12 pm

raihankhandaker wrote:How long we have to wait for February decision. Cant take anymore
Hi,

Since Easter break HO has been very slow in deciding applications. People who are on this forum for sometime and applied in February none of them got decision yet.

Those who applied in Feb and got their decision yesterday they were all newly registered members.

gulll

Post by gulll » Thu May 15, 2014 10:02 pm

Hardikjshah83 wrote:
Rockefeller wrote:
gulll wrote:hi guys,
just quickly wanted to discuss some issue, your response would be highly appreciated.
I am preparing myself for ILR next month, currently am on 3C, 3D due to pending appeal, made my mind for withdrawing appeal and re-applying with in 28 days with fresh long residence application, but my solicitor came up with some suggestion i.e. to variate my application by sending them life in the UK certificate and asking them to consider my long residence application instead of Tier 1, but I am not much satisfied with this suggestion as personally don't think so one can do it as rules suggests, decided application cant be varied.
a) my question here is, does my application falls in decided category as its been refused or until decision is not made from court it will be still consider as pending?

b) secondly how much do you agree with my solicitor advice?
many thanks in advance.
Hi there

You can not vary an application while an appeal is pending. You are only able to vary before HO make a decision on your case or if appeal has been decided in your favour and you are waiting for HO to issue your leave to remain.
You can do either of the following
1) Withdraw your appeal and put in a SETLR application immediately. However, you may want to check whether that there are no gaps on your stay or any other reason why your SETLR may be refused
2) You can add your ten years legal stay as an additional ground of your appeal. The way to do this is to write to both HO presenting officers and tribunal before the hearing date that you are adding 10 year lawful state as an additional ground to be considered during appeal. You will also need to evidence your claim.
to add on the 2nd option - there is no gurantee that the additonal ground will be considered - you may be given 2 years discrentionally leave within that you can apply for 10 yrs ILR, my suggestion - if your case is simple and your appeal is not in near future(3 months) to apply for ILR by withdrawing appeal at SAME TIME - i have done it and got it thru successful.
Thanks for your reply Hardik. Also congratulations on your successful ILR application.
My appeal is due after 5 months while I will be eligible next month should I use 28 days prior application period.
My question is what kinda adversaries could I face if I withdraw and reapply? However I would like to mention that all my previous applications were in time and processed without any problems. My last application was refused on genuine earning test basis, apart from this refusal no problems and no gaps at all throughout this period.
For instance my application falls in refusal category what could be the major reasons for that?
Is it safe for everyone applying ILR after withdrawing appeal or problems can come?
Your response is highly appreciated.

shantha

Post by shantha » Thu May 15, 2014 10:36 pm

legend786 wrote:Yes I applied on long residency basis but as everyone knows Ho are king of the jungle at the moment so you have to comply with their demands whatever they ask you to fulfill with so which I did! And I thought no point arguing with them "why they want these documents because according to this category they can't" because arguing on this point I could have lost much more time which I didn't want to be honest because according to circumstances I wasn't in a position to do that if you understand what I mean so I just sent what case worker asked me to send and It was a painful wait but good result at the end
Congratulations for your success. What is your visa history?

faisaltanoli

Post by faisaltanoli » Thu May 15, 2014 10:44 pm

And what is your opinion about Pre July 2012, but Post 06 April 2014???? :roll:
shahjee1234 wrote:Hi All,

I believe Gold Help is correct. All those pre july and pre 6th april will be considered under old rules. Even the HO letter that comes with document has this line

"As a person who has entered a marriage, civil partnership, unmarried partnership or same sex partnership to someone settled in this country you may now stay here for a futher period of two years, provided you continue to meet the requirements of the immigration rules. The BRP shows your immigration status and entitlements while your remain in the United Kingdom."

Hope this helps those who are anxious and will be provide some mental relief.

God Bless
Kalps

Thanks a lot Kalps. Confirmation from you gives a big relief. I hope that including GOd helps, and many others members who's dependants have applied for the FLR(M) get the right visas under the old rules.
Many thanks for sharing that.
Kind regards
Shahjee
[/quote]

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu May 15, 2014 11:53 pm

Hi Faisal,
Pre July 2012 and post 06th April 2014 is a bit of a grey area. If I rightly remember one of the member posted his wife's FLR(M) and than SET(M) experience and in her case she was clearly Pre July 2012 and Post 06th April 2014, and she was granted FLR(M) under old rules for 2 years, and than apply SET(M) the very next day and got it with out any problem.
So we hope that finally sense prevail and the Home Office wakes up and be fair for once.
I will check and see if I could find that post for you. All the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee

faisaltanoli wrote:And what is your opinion about Pre July 2012, but Post 06 April 2014???? :roll:
shahjee1234 wrote:Hi All,

I believe Gold Help is correct. All those pre july and pre 6th april will be considered under old rules. Even the HO letter that comes with document has this line

"As a person who has entered a marriage, civil partnership, unmarried partnership or same sex partnership to someone settled in this country you may now stay here for a futher period of two years, provided you continue to meet the requirements of the immigration rules. The BRP shows your immigration status and entitlements while your remain in the United Kingdom."

Hope this helps those who are anxious and will be provide some mental relief.

God Bless
Kalps
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

Abdoul1979

Post by Abdoul1979 » Fri May 16, 2014 8:36 am

Hi all February applicant waiting
It been very long days after the 12 weeks have passed and still no answer from HO,can't think straight
Can't focus at work as employee will jump on first occasion next month to ask for update on visa,can't travel even that I got 33 days Holliday pending,I imagine all of us out there waiting on our case,stay up and inshallah
Soon we will be free and many will learn from this forum.
Please as it is last day of the working week everyone on February application come up again and share your HO calls,your views ,your news ,anything that can help ease our mind over HO delay. Thanks to all

Timeline: 05/02/14 application,bio: 27/02/14 ,approval :waiting .......

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Fri May 16, 2014 9:47 am

gulll wrote: Thanks for your reply Hardik. Also congratulations on your successful ILR application.
My appeal is due after 5 months while I will be eligible next month should I use 28 days prior application period.
My question is what kinda adversaries could I face if I withdraw and reapply? However I would like to mention that all my previous applications were in time and processed without any problems. My last application was refused on genuine earning test basis, apart from this refusal no problems and no gaps at all throughout this period.
For instance my application falls in refusal category what could be the major reasons for that?
Is it safe for everyone applying ILR after withdrawing appeal or problems can come?
Your response is highly appreciated.
Gulll - i had exactly same issue - all previous applicaiton was in time and valid - only last application was refused on earning basis - i had appealed (IN time) and withdrawn 27 days before I finished 10 years and reapplied on the same day.(i had not face any adversaries) - as you can see i have successfully got the VISA.

when i applied solicitor did advised me that - in case if they refuse my 10 yrs ILR - where caseworker wrongly interprete the law - we can appeal and easily win as under imigration act section 3C & 3D appeal time is considered towards the continious (in case - caseworker dont know).

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Fri May 16, 2014 9:49 am

gusy thought i would share with you.

i have applied for my wfie FLRM in January, however i have only received ILR last week, but her visa did come 3 days after mine with 2.5 yrs visa - not sure if its old rules or new.

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Fri May 16, 2014 9:52 am

ILR102014 wrote:
Hardikjshah83 wrote:guys...

finally got my ILR Appred on 08/05/14 got my BRP today.
Ohhhh.... finally... you got it... well done....

I guess, you have not submitted any English exam certificate... is that true...

i am sure yours is on the way man.. keep us posted.

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Fri May 16, 2014 9:57 am

Hardikjshah83 wrote:gusy thought i would share with you.

i have applied for my wfie FLRM in January, however i have only received ILR last week, but her visa did come 3 days after mine with 2.5 yrs visa - not sure if its old rules or new.
Hi Hardikjshah,
2.5 years is under new rules. That is strange as your Mrs is pre 06th April 2014 FLR(M) application, and pre July 2012 PBS dependant isn't it ???
Regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

shabiumer
Newly Registered

Post by shabiumer » Fri May 16, 2014 10:11 am

It seems HO getting bit slower..... last month avg outcome was in 10-12 weeks... I wish these un-restful nights end up soon with happiness.

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Fri May 16, 2014 11:37 am

Hey Man congrats on both Visas but this is worrying (2.5 years for Flr (m)) as they asked me to fill 7a but I send them a letter to explain I am under Old rules but havnt heard form them yet.....
Hardikjshah83 wrote:gusy thought i would share with you.

Freedom is every thing.....simply loving it.

GOd Helps

Post by GOd Helps » Fri May 16, 2014 11:44 am

By the grace of ALLAH got 2 years FLRM for wife today

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Fri May 16, 2014 11:45 am

This is brilliant news mate....so you filled 7b?

Now its funny one got 2.5 years and one got 2 years...

GOd Helps wrote:By the grace of ALLAH got 2 years FLRM for wife today

GOd Helps

Post by GOd Helps » Fri May 16, 2014 11:57 am

KashRIz wrote:This is brilliant news mate....so you filled 7b?

this just reflects the poor quality of the case workers .it is really a shame . on the top the approval letter i received yesterday is been issued by premium service of Cardiff
and has a PEO Cardiff letter head and signature, now what is this i am unable to understand

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Fri May 16, 2014 12:38 pm

My Application is n Cardiff to and I got same kinda letter requesting more info with letter head from Cardiff, I am hopping that cardiff guys approve my application too..

GOd Helps wrote:
KashRIz wrote:This is brilliant news mate....so you filled 7b?

this just reflects the poor quality of the case workers .it is really a shame . on the top the approval letter i received yesterday is been issued by premium service of Cardiff
and has a PEO Cardiff letter head and signature, now what is this i am unable to understand

GOd Helps

Post by GOd Helps » Fri May 16, 2014 12:41 pm

[quote="KashRIz"]My Application is n Cardiff to and I got same kinda letter requesting more info with letter head from Cardiff, I am hopping that cardiff guys approve my application too..

was it PEO premium service Cardiff

deboye13
Newly Registered

Post by deboye13 » Fri May 16, 2014 12:48 pm

I've been a silent reader for a while now, though id share my timeline to help feb applicants. i called HO yesterday and today and was told a package was sent out to my solicitors yesterday (15/05/2014) and i was given the royal mail tracking number (which by the way is the worst idea ever, i can only track the parcel after its been delivered :/ why would i wanna track something thats been delivered already?) does anyone know if this could be my ilr?
my timeline:
applied on 04/02/2014
recieved on 06/02/2014
acknowledgment letter: 14/02/2014
bio recieved: 05/03/2014
bio done: 10/03/2014
package sent from HO to solicitors on 15/05/2014 but dont know what it is yet....

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Fri May 16, 2014 12:51 pm

UK Visas and Immigration
General Group Managed Migration Directorate
Cardiff Premium Services
Wales and South Wales
Floor 1, General Buildings
31-33 Newport Road, Cardiff
CF24 0AB

This is the Adress at the letter head....
GOd Helps wrote:
KashRIz wrote:My Application is n Cardiff to and I got same kinda letter requesting more info with letter head from Cardiff, I am hopping that cardiff guys approve my application too..

GOd Helps

Post by GOd Helps » Fri May 16, 2014 12:57 pm

KashRIz wrote:UK Visas and Immigration
General Group Managed Migration Directorate
Cardiff Premium Services
Wales and South Wales
Floor 1, General Buildings
31-33 Newport Road, Cardiff
CF24 0AB

This is the Adress at the letter head....
GOd Helps wrote:
KashRIz wrote:My Application is n Cardiff to and I got same kinda letter requesting more info with letter head from Cardiff, I am hopping that cardiff guys approve my application too..

ok so this means that our applications are being dealt at cardiff