ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Perplexed on finding right visa application fee

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DMKA
Newly Registered

Perplexed on finding right visa application fee

Post by DMKA » Tue May 13, 2014 3:31 pm

Hi,

I am in Tier-2 visa for about 3 and half year. Now, if I going to change my employer, my new employer will sponsor me for 2 years.
According to new rules, you have to pick visa application fee depending on the duration: 3 years or more than 3 years.

Does this 3 years mean number of additional year I am going to apply for or total duration of staying in UK in Tier 2?

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Perplexed on finding right visa application fee

Post by iworker » Wed May 14, 2014 9:27 am

it depends on how many more years u need to apply for. In your case it should be 3 years, as u will go pass the 5 years mark with this extension.
however, this is not in your control. It depends on the cos start and end dates which are issued by the employer. So technically speaking, if your job is going to be permanent, u can request the employer to only issue u a cos for 3 years and not 5 years as it is going to cost u more.

DMKA
Newly Registered

Post by DMKA » Thu May 15, 2014 7:03 pm

My primary concern was which visa application fee i should choose.

They classified visa application fee in to two types:
Up to 3 years
Over 3 years

Now i m already in tier 2 visa for 3.5 years. If i apply for another 2 years visa what visa application fee i should choose.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Fri May 16, 2014 9:03 am

as i have said before, it depends on cos.
if the employer has not given u this info, then ask them to give u a print out of cos, which should state the end date of the job/cos