ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Requirement with MBBS degree

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

naeemr
Newly Registered

Post by naeemr » Fri May 16, 2014 11:39 am

My wife did a graduation degree in medicine from Allama Iqbal Medical College ( degree awarded by Punjab University Lahore). It is five year Bachelor. I would like to get English comparable from NARIC.
We dont have letter confirming that the degree was taught in English however it is taught in English. It is difficult to get letter from University.

Can you suggest some alternatives to get NARIC letter. We dont get any point when I add the information in point base calculator.

naeemr
Newly Registered

Post by naeemr » Fri May 16, 2014 11:40 am

My wife did a graduation degree in medicine from Allama Iqbal Medical College ( degree awarded by Punjab University Lahore). It is five year Bachelor. I would like to get English comparable from NARIC.
We dont have letter confirming that the degree was taught in English however it is taught in English. It is difficult to get letter from University.

Can you suggest some alternatives to get NARIC letter. We dont get any point when I add the information in point base calculator.

Macro_Run
Member of Standing

Re: English Requirement with MBBS degree

Post by Macro_Run » Fri May 16, 2014 12:02 pm

If don't get any point from UKVI point base calculator, it is good to apply for the UK NARIC letter straightway.

Javedkhan5555

Post by Javedkhan5555 » Fri May 16, 2014 4:06 pm

I would suggest you straightaway apply to NARIC for comparability and also get a letter from the awarding university/college with name of the student and that the medium of instruction in the institute is english. NARIC would cost you around 55 pounds for comparability.
So NARIC comparability letter letter plus university degree and letter from the university would be enough for knowledge of language. Also please confirm how much time you have as NARIC takes more than two weeks to confirm once you submit the documents.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri May 16, 2014 11:53 pm

No, if you don't have something like this (click), best she takes a test (click) to prove B1 English is met in addition to LIUK.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

akash08

Post by akash08 » Sat May 17, 2014 12:34 am

Amber_ wrote:No, if you don't have something like this (click), best she takes a test (click) to prove B1 English is met in addition to LIUK.

Wrong. I myself have received ELA certifying me at c1 level and I did not have a letter from my university. I called them and asked if they would process ELA without letter and they said yes and I got it.

It is not a guaranteed success but if they have data about your university, they will provide ELA.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat May 17, 2014 12:38 am

I think you will find that if the degree is not awarded points on the PBS calculator, it will not be given a C1 ELA certificate by NARIC. Moreover, if it is awarded points on the PBS calculator, there is no need for a ELA.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.