ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extended family member

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ahsan888
Newly Registered

Extended family member

Post by Ahsan888 » Fri May 02, 2014 10:52 pm

Hi all i would really like to appreciate the kind advice you guys are giving many thanks :)

Q. i wish to apply for EEA Extended family member i.e. ( cousin sponsoring) i am on student visa since here in UK since 2011 in which i tell Home office my parents are sponsoring me, in Nov 2013 i got my student visa extension, i told HO my parents are sponsoring me. now can i apply for this EEA visa saying my cousin is sponsoring me?

I can show my financial dependency on my cousin through bank statements and i am living in the same house hold. based on the fact of my student visa will it be problem?

please advice me on this, what you guys think Thanks

Obie
Ireland

Re: Extended family member

Post by Obie » Sat May 03, 2014 11:44 am

I dont believe you will qualify as an Extended family member, as there is no evidence of post entry dependency on an EEA national.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Ahsan888
Newly Registered

Post by Ahsan888 » Sat May 03, 2014 5:58 pm

Obie wrote:I dont believe you will qualify as an Extended family member, as there is no evidence of post entry dependency on an EEA national.
Thanks Obie for taking the time to reply appreciate that, what do you mean by Post entry dependency?

Ahsan888
Newly Registered

Post by Ahsan888 » Fri May 16, 2014 1:01 pm

Hi i received a private message from LEGAL SOLUTION which i cant read it, can Legal solution email me please on ahsanjadoon@gmail.com
or can tell me how i can view it? i have no advice to contribute, the message i see is i am new member i need to contribute to see message. Many thanks

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri May 16, 2014 1:47 pm

Post Entry dependancy means dependency that exist before you entered UK.

You cannot see or send Private message until you have posted 10 messages.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Ahsan888
Newly Registered

Post by Ahsan888 » Fri May 16, 2014 2:28 pm

Thanks Obie for replying
i came to uk in feb 2011 and that time i had right of work i.e. 20 hrs
i got my student visa extension in Nov 2013 with no right of work. in my both visas i told Home office my parents will sponsor me. now things changed and no longer allowed to work. since march 2014 i can show i am financially dependent on my cousin till now.
As you mentioned post dependency i can show dependency but i wasnt depended on my couisn from 2011 till end of feb 2014. am i still satisfying the conditions?