ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa without Supporting Documents?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

theprideofpak

Visa without Supporting Documents?

Post by theprideofpak » Tue May 13, 2014 8:47 pm

Hello everyone...
My wife got her FLR(M) today. But there is a problem.... Please read...
I sent her application before 6th April 2014 without 6 evidences of proof of addresses and UK NARIC documents (I was waiting for NARIC documents). So I sent this 2nd bundle which includes a lot of important documents including driving licences etc on around 16th April via 1st Class recorded. I confirmed this later with homeoffice if they have received these documents or not, which they did.

First bundle (Application form) included following documents:
Form
Marriage certificate in Urdu plus English Translation from recognised translators
degree certificate from Pakistan + print out from point based calculator stating 30 points for degree and 10 points for english
sponsor's payslips + corresponding bank statements

I suspect that the case worker did not receive the second bundle, but if that was the case, how did he issued the visa without required documentation?
Please let me know what would have happened and what should I do? Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Visa without Supporting Documents?

Post by Amber » Tue May 13, 2014 11:11 pm

The second set of evidence may not have been required, was the applicant a previous PBS dep, if so, since when? Was the leave granted for 2 or 2.5 years?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

theprideofpak

Post by theprideofpak » Wed May 14, 2014 9:21 am

Amber_ wrote:The second set of evidence may not have been required, was the applicant a previous PBS dep, if so, since when? Was the leave granted for 2 or 2.5 years?
Yes she was T1G Dependent since October 2010. We don't know if the leave granted is 2 or 2.5 years as we haven't received the BRP yet. Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed May 14, 2014 10:14 am

Well then until that is established (once your receive the BRP) no further information can be given.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

theprideofpak

Post by theprideofpak » Wed May 14, 2014 12:10 pm

Just got the BRP and the visa duration is 2 years. Also spoke to UKVI and was told that the rest of the documents are on its way (gave me recorded delivery reference). Was thinking of applying for ILR this friday but as the documents are delayed. What should I mention that on what basis we are applying for ILR before the 2 years period? She has been T1G dependent since October 2010 and been in UK since June 2010. Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed May 14, 2014 1:37 pm

Good news, you may settle under SET(M) by virtue of immigration rule 287(a)(i)(d), B1 English and LIUK required.

theprideofpak

Post by theprideofpak » Wed May 14, 2014 4:24 pm

Thanks.....
Just printed off new forms and will see if I get the rest of the documents in a couple of days and I'll book an appointment for Monday or Tuesday. And Wednesday in the hospital for our 2nd baby :)
Being booked for baby delivery at delivery suite...

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed May 14, 2014 8:33 pm

Ensure you take a copy of rule 287(a)(i)(d). The child will be British when born.

theprideofpak

Post by theprideofpak » Thu May 15, 2014 4:12 pm

Just an update.
Received the rest of the documents today which are intact as I sent and it doesn't seem anything been checked. Doesn't really matter to me as we got the visa and booked a PEO appointment at Sheffield centre on Monday for ILR.

RANA-ALI

Post by RANA-ALI » Fri May 16, 2014 12:22 pm

Hi , amber and all members
Does time 2 years spent on psw dependent could also count towards required 2 years requirement before applying set M
As i read somone application was was turned away as her depenedent spent that time on tier 4 bcoz tier 4 cat. Doesnt lead to settlement but does psw dep cat. Lead to settlement ?
My dependent came as tier 4 dep in 2009
Then spent 2 years on psw dep
Now i have got ilr on LR basies and she has now on flrm prior to 6 april (2 years Lenghth )
I m waiting for her b1 result , can we apply for set M
And if Peo says psw dep time can not be added To the required time foe set M
How can i convince or prove that she is eligible
Please any one ur answer will be highly appreciated
Thanks

theprideofpak

Post by theprideofpak » Fri May 16, 2014 3:57 pm

RANA-ALI wrote:Hi , amber and all members
Does time 2 years spent on psw dependent could also count towards required 2 years requirement before applying set M
As i read somone application was was turned away as her depenedent spent that time on tier 4 bcoz tier 4 cat. Doesnt lead to settlement but does psw dep cat. Lead to settlement ?
My dependent came as tier 4 dep in 2009
Then spent 2 years on psw dep
Now i have got ilr on LR basies and she has now on flrm prior to 6 april (2 years Lenghth )
I m waiting for her b1 result , can we apply for set M
And if Peo says psw dep time can not be added To the required time foe set M
How can i convince or prove that she is eligible
Please any one ur answer will be highly appreciated
Thanks

You got it right there, PSW doesn't lead to Settlement and PSW period doesn't count towards settlement.
The correct route for you will be FLR(M) for 2 years, then apply on SET(M) after qualifying period.
You cannot convince them for a law which they made.
Moderators please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks

RANA-ALI

Post by RANA-ALI » Fri May 16, 2014 7:38 pm

Pride of pak bro, she already got visa under flr M for 2 years this march,
I think our secanrio is same apart from ur dependent spent 2 years under tier 1 general,
What u suggest bro?
Or amber please shed some light in this
Kind Regards
Ali

theprideofpak

Post by theprideofpak » Sat May 17, 2014 7:22 am

RANA-ALI wrote:Pride of pak bro, she already got visa under flr M for 2 years this march,
I think our secanrio is same apart from ur dependent spent 2 years under tier 1 general,
What u suggest bro?
Or amber please shed some light in this
Kind Regards
Ali

ok brother than you just wait for 2 years qualifying period to be completed and ill then be able to apply for ILR. remember, you can still apply for child benefits and tax credits in your name only. although tax credit claim form will take your wife details as well, but you will be the claimant.

RANA-ALI

Post by RANA-ALI » Sat May 17, 2014 10:04 am

Oh well, bro its not a good news for me then
As i was under impression that she would be eligible , but obviously i was completly wrong, wht can we do, HO r terrible with some laws. Im glad that i read ur post
which saved me hassle , time and money
Any how bro i just like to thank u for ur kind replies.
All the best to u

RANA-ALI

Post by RANA-ALI » Wed May 21, 2014 6:15 pm

theprideofpak wrote:Just an update.
Received the rest of the documents today which are intact as I sent and it doesn't seem anything been checked. Doesn't really matter to me as we got the visa and booked a PEO appointment at Sheffield centre on Monday for ILR.
Hi there, any update on ur dependant set M
Hope its a good news,
Could u also share ur peo experience and documents u submit with application ,
Thanks
Best wishes
Ali

theprideofpak

Post by theprideofpak » Thu May 22, 2014 12:21 pm

RANA-ALI wrote:
theprideofpak wrote:Just an update.
Hi there, any update on ur dependant set M
Hope its a good news,
Could u also share ur peo experience and documents u submit with application ,
Thanks
Best wishes
Ali

I had to reschedule the appointment due to my son being ill. I called UKVI about it on the appointment day (appointment was on 1410 and I called them 1000). The guy was helpful and put a note on our appointment the reason of not attending and gave us an email address for UKVI IT team who deals with the appointments. I emailed them and told the whole situation and they called us same day to reschedule the appointment without asking for proof for not attending the appointment. I however sent them a picture of prescription from GP just in case. But now our appoint is end of next month.