ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help on Application please?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rolph
Newly Registered

Help on Application please?

Post by rolph » Fri May 16, 2014 1:26 am

Hi Everyone,

My wife has submitted Tier 4 visa extension application online and posted printed version to HO yesterday(15/05/14). Me and my 3 years old son are dependents. We didn't know until now that my wife did a mistake on filling application. My son's name and surname misplaced on the dependent's section. He should be Mr ABC XYZ but now he is Mr XYZ ABC.
Our application will reach to HO by the morning today.

We need experts advice please what we need to do immediately .

Thanks in advance.

Kingz84

Re: Help on Application please?

Post by Kingz84 » Fri May 16, 2014 6:42 am

Hi rolph

Are you able to delete this application form online and resubmit a new one ?

Thanks

rolph
Newly Registered

Post by rolph » Fri May 16, 2014 8:26 am

Hi Kingz84,

Unfortunately I can't amend or cancel my application. Also it has been sent to Home Office printed paper version.

Kingz84

Post by Kingz84 » Fri May 16, 2014 6:52 pm

Hi Rolph

The only thing I can suggest is to give them a call or wait for confirmation from ukvi in regards to you application then contact them and let them know the situation with the name. If they have the birth certificate maybe they can amend on their side but contacting them may be better.

Thanks

BlackBirdSSG
Member of Standing

Post by BlackBirdSSG » Fri May 16, 2014 10:22 pm

Once you get biometric letters, only then ask them to rectify it. (with apologizing as well)

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Sat May 17, 2014 8:54 am

@ rolph, I think that you should fill another application form for your dependant son and send to the same address with a covering letter. It should normally be treated as a VARY application with your circumstances.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

rolph
Newly Registered

Post by rolph » Fri May 23, 2014 6:19 am

Thanks for everyone. I really appreciate your advices. I received my biometric invitation papers yesterday and done iy on the same day at post office. On the biometric paperwork my son's name was correct.
Do you think they have amended themselves by going through original documents? ??
I am thinking now that it won't be a problem, because my son has done his biometric with his correct name.
Please let me know your thoughts on this case please.

As you advised me I called to home office last week and at that time they told me to fill the new application and print only my son's details page, send it to home office with covering letter. I started filling new application online but you can't print them out before finishing the last payment section. And I stopped it on the half way as I don't want to pay again more than £1200.

Thanks for everyone again, please let me know your advices or thoughts about my biometric home office correction.

rolph
Newly Registered

Post by rolph » Sun May 25, 2014 9:27 pm

Any ideas please?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon May 26, 2014 7:43 pm

If the name was correct on the biometric letter there is nothing else you need to do. They go by the name on the passport when they issue the BRP.