ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching to Tier 1 dependant

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yemKEM
Newly Registered

Switching to Tier 1 dependant

Post by yemKEM » Thu May 15, 2014 6:02 pm

Hi guys,
I am presently on Tier 2 visa and thinking of switching to dependant of my husband who got ILR recently.
He got ILR after 5yrs on tier 1.
I believe I will need to fill the tier 1 dependant form even though he has received his ILR.

1) Will the financial requirement apply to him (£18,600)
2) If yes, Do I need to provide evidence in application even though this is not mentioned on the t1 dependant form.
3) What are the document requirements to apply for Tier 1 dependant & married over 3yrs in the UK (assuming I'm right)
2) How many years leave to remain will be given if I apply;
3) Which form to apply when I am due for ILR - Set (O) or Set (M)

Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Switching to Tier 1 dependant

Post by CR001 » Sat May 17, 2014 3:27 pm

You need to apply on FLR(M) - Spouse of person settled, as you were not dependent on his Tier 1 visa status before he received ILR and have your own Tier 2 visa.
1) Will the financial requirement apply to him (£18,600) Yes
2) If yes, Do I need to provide evidence in application even though this is not mentioned on the t1 dependant form. FLR(M) asks for the evidence.
3) What are the document requirements to apply for Tier 1 dependant & married over 3yrs in the UK (assuming I'm right) FLR(M) and FLR(M) guide has all the information
2) How many years leave to remain will be given if I apply; 2.5 years and then you will need to renew for a further 2.5 years before you can apply for ILR. English Language level A1 test required for FLR(M)
3) Which form to apply when I am due for ILR - Set (O) or Set (M) It will be Set(M) after 5 years on FLR(M).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat May 17, 2014 4:49 pm

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

yemKEM
Newly Registered

Post by yemKEM » Sun May 18, 2014 1:18 am

Thanks guys. Really appreciate

yemKEM
Newly Registered

Post by yemKEM » Sun May 18, 2014 8:06 pm

Hi Amber/CR001
Do we need to have 6 items of correspondence as described in Documents -12C of the FLR(M) form as married couple applying for fresh dependant application?