ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Teir 1 Visa Refused

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

VHQ123
Newly Registered

Teir 1 Visa Refused

Post by VHQ123 » Sat May 17, 2014 11:40 pm

Applied on 17th of Dec 2013 (PSW Route)
No interview call or anything
Refused on 6th of May 2014
Reason for Refusal

The Bank Letter supplied to support your claim for points against applicant has access to fund as required has been discounted for the purpose of this application, in line with paragraph 39B(C) of the immigration rules, as having taken all reasonable attempts to verifies the documentation with the bank, we have been unable to verify the document is genuine.

what are the chances of winning the appeal guys please share your views
Thanx

VHQ123
Newly Registered

Re: Teir 1 Visa Refused

Post by VHQ123 » Sat May 17, 2014 11:58 pm

please share your experience regarding this refusal point thanks

BlackBirdSSG
Member of Standing

Post by BlackBirdSSG » Sun May 18, 2014 12:36 am

If bank documents you have used are geniune, you would have no problem in getting letter from bank manager stating that no verifications were done. That would be sufficient enough for you to file for appeal.

Secondly, when you get your bundle of documents from Home Office after lodging appeal, look for 'Document Verification Report' and see how they have verified your bank document.

Momi
United Kingdom

Post by Momi » Sun May 18, 2014 1:08 am

I'm not an expert but it's better if you ask this question from yourself as other expert stated above that you have good chances if bank statement was genuine. If it ain't genuine then I'm afraid there are no chances to win appeal.

VHQ123
Newly Registered

Post by VHQ123 » Sun May 18, 2014 1:50 am

Well the bank letter i provided is 100% genuine but i have no info from my bank about HO enquiry, they are saying they did not have any request at branch level. i have lodged the appeal already !!

NAR

Post by NAR » Sun May 18, 2014 8:39 am

VHQ123 wrote:Well the bank letter i provided is 100% genuine but i have no info from my bank about HO enquiry, they are saying they did not have any request at branch level. i have lodged the appeal already !!
Just to to check, is this bank in the UK? if not, is it in the acceptable list of foreign bank? and if not, did you supply all documents and letters per the format they wanted?

If the UKBA does request a bank verification from a foreign bank, the process is long, involving snail mail, from head office to head office, it may never reach the branch level at all as the head office have access to your records and in some cases, the head office may just put the request on side and never deal with it depending on the person who got it and they also may take longer than UKBA wants.

If the bank is in the UK and the docs are 100% correct then you have probably give or take 200% chance of winning this if this is the only reason for refusal.

VHQ123
Newly Registered

Post by VHQ123 » Sun May 18, 2014 12:06 pm

Its a foreign bank and also on acceptable list of banks, letter format is as per UKBA requirement and this is the only refusal point i have :(

NAR

Post by NAR » Sun May 18, 2014 12:21 pm

VHQ123 wrote:Its a foreign bank and also on acceptable list of banks, letter format is as per UKBA requirement and this is the only refusal point i have :(
Looks like the bank did not reply hence they sent saying they are unable to confirm.

If you can get an original stamped letter from the bank confirming your balance along with a bank officer number (bank number and extension) for further queries then it will be a done deal. Even without it, you are not responsible for HO to Bank communication delay or lost mail. You should be ok.

VHQ123
Newly Registered

Post by VHQ123 » Sun May 18, 2014 12:41 pm

@ Nar Thanks for your reply, HO have also mentioned on refusal letter that they have not carried out further checks on my application and in case of challenge of this application they reserve the right to look further , is this something standard they write on refusal letter ?

NAR

Post by NAR » Sun May 18, 2014 1:06 pm

VHQ123 wrote:@ Nar Thanks for your reply, HO have also mentioned on refusal letter that they have not carried out further checks on my application and in case of challenge of this application they reserve the right to look further , is this something standard they write on refusal letter ?
Never got one, hope i don't get any either :) Others who got refusals may help in this answer. But this looks like standard clause just to protect themselves to allow them to dig further into the application if you managed to overturn the first refusal. It should be ok, it just means they will look at your application again once this is resolved.

VHQ123
Newly Registered

Post by VHQ123 » Mon May 19, 2014 3:29 pm

please share your experience members thanx

amelstar

Post by amelstar » Thu May 22, 2014 4:47 pm

hi , i got a refusal on bank certificates, the home office claimed that they were not issued by the bank, i applied for a dvr (document verification report) which the ho use to verify the bank statments and bank certificates, well the dvr mentioned an email sent to the bank head office to confirm the genuinneness of the bank statements and letters , the bank head office replied that the bank statements are correct and the bank certificates are not their standard format , the ho refused me on the banks reply saying that the bank certificates are not genuinne ,
so this is the shit i am in now because of some misscomunication between the branch and head office of the banks, to add insult to injury the ut judge also took home office side and dismissed my appeal on paper so i have renewed for oral hearing

VHQ123
Newly Registered

Post by VHQ123 » Thu May 22, 2014 9:01 pm

what exactly your refusal letter say ? mine is as mentioned above that they are unable verify the document !!

abdulrahman12366
Newly Registered

Post by abdulrahman12366 » Thu May 22, 2014 10:24 pm

Plz mention what they states in DV report .. Bcoz the same experience I had ..

amelstar

Post by amelstar » Fri May 23, 2014 2:46 pm

the reason for refusal was under 322(1a) of immigration rules, the refusal letter stated the reason as follows
1: you have used deception as we have found that the bank has not issued the bank certificates you provided.
this was the reason for refusal, i was surprised with this refusal so i requested for the dvr which i got after 3 weeks, but in the dvr the banks reply simply stated that the bank statments are genuine the ammount is correct but the bank certificates are not as per our standard format.
recently i got another letter from the branch of my bank which states yes we have issued these certificates on our customers request but they are not our standard format they were issued on customers request.
lets see what the jr hearing results in , i am not going down without a fight, i have not used deception

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Fri May 23, 2014 6:14 pm

@ amelstar, your case should be a straight forward win because HO are the same one that require applicants to request for special format letters from bank and these specify format are not usually what the bank issue to customers.

In your own case, HO misinterpreted ''certificate not in bank standard format'' to mean fake bank statement and the onus is on you and your lawyer to point out to the judge that HO are full of some very lazy staffs who make silly mistakes on important applications.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

VHQ123
Newly Registered

Post by VHQ123 » Fri May 23, 2014 9:31 pm

@ Olasunkanmi , what you think of my scenario as explained above ?

amelstar

Post by amelstar » Sat May 24, 2014 1:54 am

Olasunkanmi wrote:@ amelstar, your case should be a straight forward win because HO are the same one that require applicants to request for special format letters from bank and these specify format are not usually what the bank issue to customers.

In your own case, HO misinterpreted ''certificate not in bank standard format'' to mean bad quality bank statement and the onus is on you and your lawyer to point out to the judge that HO are full of some very lazy staffs who make silly mistakes on important applications.
i am hoping the judge will be more intelligent than the ho caseworkers and consider the facts of the case so yes am hopefull, waiting for my renewal date from ut, my lawyer said i with get a hearing date for july or august as the ut is very busy, so more wait.
Would be helpful if someone who won their apeal in court against ho on false document case could share their ordeal here so we can quote them in court as case examples.

amelstar

Post by amelstar » Sat May 24, 2014 2:07 am

VHQ123 wrote:Applied on 17th of Dec 2013 (PSW Route)
No interview call or anything
Refused on 6th of May 2014
Reason for Refusal

The Bank Letter supplied to support your claim for points against applicant has access to fund as required has been discounted for the purpose of this application, in line with paragraph 39B(C) of the immigration rules, as having taken all reasonable attempts to verifies the documentation with the bank, we have been unable to verify the document is genuine.

what are the chances of winning the appeal guys please share your views
Thanx
i have read of a similar case to yours where the judge simply said that i have nothing to do with this and said that i am sending this case to the ho to do their verification again , and that was it the ho had to reconsider and do their verification with the bank again ,i am sure that's what will happen with your case

VHQ123
Newly Registered

Post by VHQ123 » Sat May 24, 2014 5:33 pm

what are the chances to get a decision of issuance of visa straight away ?

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Sat May 24, 2014 5:53 pm

@ VHQ123, if you can proof to the judge that your bank letter and statement are genuine, then you should be fine. You should get further letter from the bank to state that your documents issued by them are genuine and they can also confirm if HO have tried to do any verification or not and take the letter to the appeal hearing as evidence to support your case.

If HO cannot provide any written evidence that your documents are not genuine, then judge should normally allow your appeal for visa issuance.

VHQ123
Newly Registered

Post by VHQ123 » Sat May 24, 2014 6:14 pm

@ Olasunkanmi, i only provided the letter as per HO requirement no statement and bank manager said they did not rcv any request at branch level and he is ready to provide me a letter saying that the document we issued is genuine and i still have money which is disposable to UK. Do you think this letter will be enough to turn the decision in my favor ?

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Sat May 24, 2014 6:42 pm

@ VHQ123, yes that's the letter you need. But make sure you find out if HO have any evidence of verification check. If HO can't provide any, then judge should allow your appeal.

VHQ123
Newly Registered

Post by VHQ123 » Sat May 24, 2014 6:49 pm

@Olasunkanmi, so 1st i have to look into HO bundle what they have in terms of their verification check and then i have to come up with evidence according to that ri8

amelstar

Post by amelstar » Sun May 25, 2014 1:35 pm

VHQ123 wrote:what are the chances to get a decision of issuance of visa straight away ?
no that is not possible the judge can only ask the ho to make a fresh decision ,he can not order ho to issue a visa