ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsor details section

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

syed_ILR

Sponsor details section

Post by syed_ILR » Sat May 17, 2014 6:20 pm

Hi I am filling Family settlement application form VAF4A online for my wife. There is a section about the sponsor ..the screen shot is attached.

I have filled Appendix 2 of VAF4A: financial requirements as well and I fulfill all the financial requirments. My question is that do I have to fill this sponsor section?

As per my understanding you only fill it if you cant fulfill the financial requirements in Appendix 2 of VAF4A: financial requirements right?

Can someone clarify please ..Thanks

syed_ILR

Re: Sponsor details section

Post by syed_ILR » Sun May 18, 2014 7:23 pm

no reply!

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun May 18, 2014 7:37 pm

You need to put in the sponsor's details.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

syed_ILR

Post by syed_ILR » Sun May 18, 2014 10:59 pm

Who is the sponsor?

is it me as a husband?

If yes...the electronic form does not have an option of husband in the dropdownlist

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun May 18, 2014 11:31 pm

You're the sponsor, just select relative.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

grahamh
Newly Registered

Post by grahamh » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:56 pm

I realise this is an old thread, but I happened to ring UK Visa and Immigration today regarding exactly this point.

I got to this form when doing a family of settled visa application for my wife. The sponsor form does not give me the option of Husband as the description of the relative. I was adviced on the phone to select any option and explain in the further information that I was actually the husband.

They seem well aware of this problem. He understood exactly what i was asking and responded quickly. Its great to know that 2 years after the original post the form still has the same problem.

Also it isnt clear when you choose the visa that you should be choosing Settlement, Settlement, Wife as actually it seems a "settlement visa" seems to be different from a "Family of a Settled Person Visa"