ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Trip on Indian Passport after Acquiring BC

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aragon

Indian Trip on Indian Passport after Acquiring BC

Post by aragon » Mon May 19, 2014 9:53 am

Hi,

Me and wife are getting ILR in August. Got 2 kids. Am not including them in the ILR application(due to insane Fees), rather gonna apply for Registration Certificate [MN1] after we get ILR. Am expecting to receive the certificate by the end of October. And British passport for kids by Mid November.

Now the problem. My sister is getting married first week of December. Ideally I wanted to surrender the Indian Passports of kids and get visa for them. But I don't think I will have enough time. As there is no guarantee the surrender certificate and visa for India will come in next 2 weeks.

So my question is... Can the kids travel with us on their Indian Passports and return with British Passport? They don't have british visa as their dependant visa runs out end of August. I read that you get 3 months grace to surrender indian passports and will not be penalised to use them within that time. But my concern is when we are coming back. I will have to show the british passport for kids at indian airport as indian passport has no visa. Is this OK? Any help is much appreciated.

ban.s

Re: Indian Trip on Indian Passport after Acquiring BC

Post by ban.s » Tue May 20, 2014 12:28 pm

No, they will not be able to return back on British passport if entered with Indian passport unless the Indian passport is surrendered in Indian and an exit permit is obtained.

Surrender certificate and issuance of indian visa can be done within 2 week (if applied in person in VFS London) - please check the sticky on top of this forum for recent timelines.

aragon

Re: Indian Trip on Indian Passport after Acquiring BC

Post by aragon » Wed May 21, 2014 8:37 am

Thanks for your reply Ban.s

Will keep an eye on the sticky.