ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR, Entry into UK and Absences

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

syedimran74
Newly Registered

ILR, Entry into UK and Absences

Post by syedimran74 » Mon May 19, 2014 12:13 pm

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for all the information this forum is providing to its users, really appreciable.

I am on Tier 1 General Visa issued on 16th October 2009 but validity from 27th Nov 2009 from Dublin Ireland.
I will be applying for ILR end of Oct. But I have questions.
Since I applied for Tier 1 from Ireland, when I entered into UK there is no entry stamp in my passport as there was no border control. I do have airline tickets and hotel stay. Also i have bank statement starting the day after i entered into UK.

Another question is on my absences because for few of my absences I wasnt employed in UK:

So my absences are:
Came to UK on 29th Dec 2009 Opened my bank accounts and applied for National Insurance number. Even though i was staying in Hotel for all these nights, but i used my cousin's address in LOndon as offered me a room to rent and opened Bank account and applied for National Insurance.

1) Went back to Dublin Ireland on 1 Jan 2010 because I had a job there and had to serve notice of 3 months and which was supposed to finish on 26th Feb 2010. (No stamp of UK Entry/Exit, the only stamp is of Entry back into Dublin Ireland on 1st Jan 2010)

2) Came to London for a Job interview on 27th Jan 2010 for 1 day and went back to Dublin on 28th Jan 2010. (absences : 26 Days - No stamp of UK Entry/Exit, the only stamp is of Entry in Dublin)

3) Came to London on 3rd Feb 2010 for another interview for 1 day and went back to Dublin same day. (4 Days - No stamp of UK Entry/Exit, the only stamp is of Entry in Dublin)

4) Came back to London on 15th Feb 2010 for another interview for 1 day and went back to Dublin on same day. (12 days-No stamp of UK Entry/Exit, the only stamp is of Entry in Dublin)

5) Job finished in Dublin and Movedto London on 28th Feb 2010 and went back to Dublin on 8th March 2010 for 1 day to bring back my luggage. (No stamp of UK Entry/Exit, the only stamp is of Entry in Dublin)

6) Came to London on 9th March 2010 and started job in London from 29th march 2010.

7) Went to Dublin on 1st May 2010 for 2 days and came back to London on 3rd May 2010 to bring back my belongings. (2 days- No stamp of UK Entry/Exit, the only stamp is of Entry in Dublin)

Since then I havent been to Dublin.

8) Went to Pakistan on 2nd July 2010, got married and came back to London on 11 July 2010. This time my passport was stamped with entry stamp. (absences 8 days, i was employed and paid leave.)
Since then i have been to Pakistan 3 times with one trip lasting 6 days, 20 days and 4 days. All annual paid leave.
My total absences over 5 years come to 105, but most of them in my 1st year (roughly 74 days)

So my question based on above absences, have i broken the continuity of my stay in UK or is it ok to apply for ILR with these absences?
I have airline tickets for each of my trip, also 5 years statement, also i can get a letter from employer to state that all leave were paid annual leave.

Given the whole situation can I apply at PEO?

I would really appreciate if someone can guide me or advise me of the next step.

Once again thank you and best regards,
Imran