ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Court fees refunded before hearing

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Yasirilyas80
Newly Registered

Court fees refunded before hearing

Post by Yasirilyas80 » Sat May 17, 2014 3:01 am

Hello guys
Can you please update me with my case
I applied for flro July2012.
Refused.june 2013 with no right of apeal
I got aressted at job march 2014 they release me after 15 min by giving me right of apeal.
I lodge my apeal within 14 working day at 28 march and I have laid £140 fee for tribunal.after 2 week I got latter from court that my hearing is in October 2014.but at 10 may 2014 I got my fees refunded from court.i haven't got any latter so far from court or from ukba why my fees is refunded.i ask my soilicitor she replied me I'm not going to ask ukba or court why they have refund your fees it's thier fault they should write to you.i try to find similar question at internet but I couldn't find this is sort of case.can anybody tell me what could be the reason why they have refunded my fees as I didn't had my hearing yet.if anybody had same situation and know what could be the reason please reply.(yasirilyas80@hotmail.com) waiting for reply desperately thanks

sakib123
Newly Registered

Re: Court fees refunded before hearing

Post by sakib123 » Mon May 19, 2014 2:05 pm

It sounds like they've changed their mind and no longer want to hear your case. When appealing if they decide to not hear your case they will not take your fee is what I've been told.

Yasirilyas80
Newly Registered

Post by Yasirilyas80 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:32 pm

i have called in court to find out about my fee.they told me i fall in one of category where i don't have to pay fee.but when i contact my solictor she said you are not a asylum seeker neither you are at legal aid so you don't fall in any category where you don't have to pay fee.im confused is it any one who had similar case as mine.please help thanks

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:40 am

Solicitor is wrong . If your appeal is against a section 10 removal decision, and you have an in country appeal due to Article 8, you are exempted from paying an appeal fee.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors