ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling to EU during the application process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kingsx1976
Newly Registered

Travelling to EU during the application process

Post by kingsx1976 » Mon May 19, 2014 12:41 am

Hi,
I am new to this forum and maybe this has been posted before but I couldn't find the answer for my question/problem.
I decided appr. 2 months ago to apply for naturalisation. I am EU citizen and have all documents ready and I want to send my application next week.
I am sending my national ID card ( I used it to take my LIfe in UK test) and I keeping my passport.
Also next week I am going on holiday to EU for 13 days.
My question is: Can I travel to EU (using my passport) after submitting my application? Or do I have to wait until someone will contact me from Home office and return my documents?
Thank you.

SouthWest1

Re: Travelling to EU during the application process

Post by SouthWest1 » Mon May 19, 2014 8:06 pm

you can travel but make it at least 3- 4 days after you submit your application. it is a requirement to be physically present in UK when UKBA receives your application.

if you apply via NCS ( which you should), the application is normally dispatched and received by HO on the next working day.
if by Post, make sure to send it " special delivery" so you guarantee HO gets it on the following day.( excluding Sundays of course).

Hope this helps!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 19, 2014 8:52 pm

SouthWest1 wrote:you can travel but make it at least 3- 4 days after you submit your application. it is a requirement to be physically present in UK when UKBA receives your application.
This is not relevant anymore. The requirement is to be physically present to the day 5 years before the application is received.

OP, you can submit at NCS and travel the next day if you so wish.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kingsx1976
Newly Registered

Post by kingsx1976 » Mon May 19, 2014 9:43 pm

Thank you SouthWest1 and CR001 for your replies.

I want to send my application directly to UK Border Agency, I am not going to send my application via NCS. I have been in UK now for 6.5 years.

Do I have to be still present in country when UK Border Agency receive my application? I want to send my application tomorrow and fly to EU on Wednesday morning. WIll it be a problem?

SouthWest1

Post by SouthWest1 » Mon May 19, 2014 10:06 pm

CR001 wrote:
SouthWest1 wrote:you can travel but make it at least 3- 4 days after you submit your application. it is a requirement to be physically present in UK when UKBA receives your application.
This is not relevant anymore. The requirement is to be physically present to the day 5 years before the application is received.

OP, you can submit at NCS and travel the next day if you so wish.
thanks for the update. did not really know about this.