ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Being made redundant

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Penny_78
Newly Registered

Being made redundant

Post by Penny_78 » Tue May 20, 2014 11:01 am

Hi

What would happen if you are made redundant after having made an application for a fiance visa? I was hoping to make an applicaiton in Mid July but will be made redudant at the end of September. Will they look at the fact i was employed on the date my applicaiton was submitted?

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Being made redundant

Post by Casa » Tue May 20, 2014 11:06 am

Yes, but you'll have to meet the financial earnings condition when you apply for your wife's FLR(M) visa after the wedding.
Also, if they call your employer while the spouse visa application is being processed it will be evident that your employment is ending. When you submit your fiance visa application you'll have to submit a letter from your employer confirming your salary etc.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Penny_78
Newly Registered

Post by Penny_78 » Tue May 20, 2014 11:17 am

Casa wrote:Yes, but you'll have to meet the financial earnings condition when you apply for your wife's FLR(M) visa after the wedding.
Also, if they call your employer while the spouse visa application is being processed it will be evident that your employment is ending. When you submit your fiance visa application you'll have to submit a letter from your employer confirming your salary etc.
That won’t be a problem as at the time of applying for FLR (M) I will have held £62500 in my account for 6 months. My employers have also stated the letter they provide will state I am in permanent full time employment and no mention on the redundancy will be made BUT my concern is these checks are made in Sept even thou I apply in July and then my employers will have to say I have been made redundant... does that make sense?

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Tue May 20, 2014 12:18 pm

Hi there,

I understand your predicament somewhat... At the time my husband submitted his application I was a temporary worker for one employer and had secured permanent employment with another. I battled with the decision for a while wondering if they would contact my agency to verify employment MONTHS after submitting (average wait time was 60 working days). I guess I took a huge risk in changing employers mid-application, but I felt that technically everything is 'at the time of application' and things can happen if ECOs are literally taking months to make decisions. It wasn't as if I was unemployed, I was in a job earning similar money and more secure. I also decided not to inform the embassy as I thought it would just confuse things and it was not made clear what evidence I would need to submit re this new job. The suggestions I got were 50/50 on what to do but ultimately it was my decision. It worked out for me as they were happy with making a decision based on what we submitted, so my advice would be to make sure EVERYTHING complies with the current rules if you do decide to apply then.

Out of interest what country is the application from? I think ECOs in some countries dig a little deeper than others! Also worth checking current processing times for an idea of how long. Would paying priority be an option?

Penny_78
Newly Registered

Post by Penny_78 » Tue May 20, 2014 1:20 pm

SoHopeful wrote:Hi there,

I understand your predicament somewhat... At the time my husband submitted his application I was a temporary worker for one employer and had secured permanent employment with another. I battled with the decision for a while wondering if they would contact my agency to verify employment MONTHS after submitting (average wait time was 60 working days). I guess I took a huge risk in changing employers mid-application, but I felt that technically everything is 'at the time of application' and things can happen if ECOs are literally taking months to make decisions. It wasn't as if I was unemployed, I was in a job earning similar money and more secure. I also decided not to inform the embassy as I thought it would just confuse things and it was not made clear what evidence I would need to submit re this new job. The suggestions I got were 50/50 on what to do but ultimately it was my decision. It worked out for me as they were happy with making a decision based on what we submitted, so my advice would be to make sure EVERYTHING complies with the current rules if you do decide to apply then.

Out of interest what country is the application from? I think ECOs in some countries dig a little deeper than others! Also worth checking current processing times for an idea of how long. Would paying priority be an option?
We will be applying in India... Priority i believe isnt an option due to him overstaying his visa previously. I think it will be a gamble but one we will have to risk, worse case we reapply after my savings have been held in my name for 6 months which will be in Dec.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Tue May 20, 2014 4:07 pm

Yes it comes down to whether or not you are willing to gamble. Good luck.

faisalr
Newly Registered

Post by faisalr » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:14 pm

Hi Casa,
I wonder how did it go? I have a similar situation. My wife applied for spouse visa in July and I fulfilled all employment requirement as I was in full time employment. I will not be made redundant next month and I wonder if this will effect my spouse visa or should I need to inform home office? Any help would really be appreciated.
Thanks