ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Processing time when switching tier 2 sponsor

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rex90

Processing time when switching tier 2 sponsor

Post by rex90 » Tue May 20, 2014 7:17 pm

Hi guys, I haven't been able to get any information on this from UKBA website.

Does anyone know or have any experience with processing time for a tier 2 sponsor switch when applying with same day service.
I am currently on tier 2 and my new sponsor will hopefully issue me with a CoS soon (they are doing RLMT).

Once this is done I would like to get the new visa as soon as possible so was wondering how long this can take to do in person.

- What is the general likelihood that my application can be rejected? I have no examples to use as precedent.
- Is it likely that they will need to do further investigation and it will take more than 1 day when applying at the centre?
-- What can I do to avoid this? what sort of documents should i provide?
- If they need more than 1 day, will I be able to get my passport and travel in the mean time?
- In the event that the application is rejected, can I appeal?

scro2014
Newly Registered

Re: Processing time when switching tier 2 sponsor

Post by scro2014 » Tue May 20, 2014 8:12 pm

do you mean change of employment?

I'm currently awaiting mine, through normal postage tho. Ive been waiting just on 3 weeks now, however the home office called up my new sponsor last week to confirm length of rlmt test (they confirmed everything else was fine and just checking it was done for 28 days) so I'm taking it all as all sorted and hopefully getting approval this week.

Doing the process I guess than rlmt is a big part to make sure it is done right.

thats all the info i have on it so far, if it gets approved (fingers crossed) and arrives soon i can relay any other info etc.

hope it helps

rex90

Post by rex90 » Tue May 20, 2014 9:04 pm

Hi thanks mate,

Yeah change of employment (sector and employer).

I guess since they called just to double check should be fine; hopefully when I apply in person I can have supporting documentation of the RLMT. Please do relay information onto here (for me and others in this nervous situation) as can't find anything on the internet! May I ask which sector this is in?

Anyone else if you any such experience please do let us know.

scro2014
Newly Registered

Post by scro2014 » Tue May 20, 2014 9:48 pm

education, teaching job, yeh I'm hoping it all comes through this week, so ill put up detailed process etc. It mostly resembles an extension process, but with the rlmt aspect

rex90

Post by rex90 » Wed May 28, 2014 9:16 am

scro2014 wrote:education, teaching job, yeh I'm hoping it all comes through this week, so ill put up detailed process etc. It mostly resembles an extension process, but with the rlmt aspect
any luck mate?