ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Change of Sponsorer

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mitali712
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General Change of Sponsorer

Post by mitali712 » Tue May 20, 2014 9:38 pm

Hello @ Manci,
I have read your responses on earlier posts related to this topic,however since they are a little old i am posing this query again. Hope you can help me!!

My situation is as follows
I was issued a Tier 2 General Migrant Visa in July 2012 and my visa is valid till June 2015. I currently have a potential offer from another employer who is willing to sponsor my visa. My queries are as below
1. Can i change my employer?
2. Do i have to go back to my home country to apply for the new visa of can i apply within the UK?
3. Will my new employer have to conduct the RLMT before filing my visa application?
4. When do i inform my current employer about my new job?
5. Will my current visa be automatically cancelled when the new visa is applied for?
6. I need to serve a notice period of 3 months at my current employer, when should my new employer apply for the new visa?
7. Since my current company is based out of UK and i am on deputation, if i have to go back to my home country to serve my notice period, does the cooling off period apply to me?

Hope to see replies to my queries!!

Thanks

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 General Change of Sponsorer

Post by iworker » Wed May 21, 2014 9:01 am

1 yes
2 can apply within uk
3 yes unless on shortage occupation
4. right after u get the new visa
5 yes
6 technically u cant serve a 3 month notice. ask ur new employer to give u start date of after 3 months. once u get the new visa, say in 3 weeks, u inform the current employer and give notice of 2 months and a week. Technically, they cant keep u for longer anyway, as once ur new leave starts, it will be illegal for them to have u working in their premises.
7. once u have got the visa withiin uk, u can go back and serve the notice and come back. If u go back and apply from outside uk, then the cooling period will apply. (someone else can confirm this)