ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

bank taking too long to open business account (tier 1)

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Goldcup
Newly Registered

bank taking too long to open business account (tier 1)

Post by Goldcup » Tue May 20, 2014 10:52 pm

guys i tried metro, n hsbc they refused coz i only have about 3.5 months of visa left, lloyds did sent me application form to sign and they need to verify some documents so im sending it to them, but the form says it will take 10-14 working days for them to actually open my account after they receive my verification documents, how long do they exactly take? any idea? or is there any other bank i can go to? barclays have given me appointment for next month 5th june but its too late. help!! applying for tier 1 entrepreneur visa

faruque
Newly Registered

Re: bank taking too long to open business account (tier 1)

Post by faruque » Tue May 20, 2014 11:13 pm

U can try Santander . They will do it with in 3 to 4 working days. Best of luck .

Momi
United Kingdom

Post by Momi » Tue May 20, 2014 11:38 pm

Best option is barclays. Don't try to open business account with santander because they will refuse you. They refused me whereas I have investment in santander.
Your account will be open in an hour if you already have an account with Barclays.
Best of luck.

Jaggers

Post by Jaggers » Tue May 20, 2014 11:38 pm

Try different branches of same bank,
Try with your existing bank as they have your details already on their database.

Good luck :-))

Goldcup
Newly Registered

Post by Goldcup » Wed May 21, 2014 12:31 am

i did an online application with barclays and i have a current account with them, but before opening my business a/c I have to go meet the manager on 5th june to show n verify my documents, thats a long wait, i want to open it asap n lloyds will take another 10-14 working days to open my account as mentioned in the application doc. just need to know how much time lloyds take to open a business a/c, is it really that long? if they take long then i might as well try some other banks.

samaygrg

Post by samaygrg » Wed May 21, 2014 7:44 pm

Santander is quick and efficient in this regards.

Goldcup
Newly Registered

Post by Goldcup » Thu May 22, 2014 12:20 am

samaygrg wrote:Santander is quick and efficient in this regards.
Thanks a lot guys. I will try some other banks

searoze

Post by searoze » Thu May 22, 2014 10:49 am

Goldcup wrote:i did an online application with barclays and i have a current account with them, but before opening my business a/c I have to go meet the manager on 5th june to show n verify my documents, thats a long wait, i want to open it asap n lloyds will take another 10-14 working days to open my account as mentioned in the application doc. just need to know how much time lloyds take to open a business a/c, is it really that long? if they take long then i might as well try some other banks.
If you have account with barclays then barclays is the best option for business account. You dont need to show visa or passport again. Just CAR if you are director. Visit a different branch and try to get appointment ASAP. You will get surley and another thing DO NOT try main branches like city centre. Try your local branch.
Good luck
Mistakes are the portals of discovery.
Please correct me if am wrong

suvalike
Member of Standing

Post by suvalike » Thu May 22, 2014 12:26 pm

If you have register your company via company formation 24/7,You will get £50 cash back as well by opening account with Barclay. :)

bubbly123

Post by bubbly123 » Thu May 22, 2014 2:44 pm

I waited for 45 days after submitting my online application only to know i was still waiting to someone to see it so i asked them to cancel my application. then started with hsbc and after 1 month of regular follow up my account was opened. it is so frustrating. i will advise you to call hsbc telephone banking team and start the application over phone asthey say its really fast.

Goldcup
Newly Registered

Post by Goldcup » Fri May 23, 2014 2:39 am

bubbly123 wrote:I waited for 45 days after submitting my online application only to know i was still waiting to someone to see it so i asked them to cancel my application. then started with hsbc and after 1 month of regular follow up my account was opened. it is so frustrating. i will advise you to call hsbc telephone banking team and start the application over phone asthey say its really fast.
HSBC has already rejected my application as they say I only have few months of visa left and they said i need an entrepreneur visa to open a business account with them. i dont know may b this was only in the branch i went in, diff branch may have diff approach. shud i try another branch?
Last edited by Goldcup on Fri May 23, 2014 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Goldcup
Newly Registered

Post by Goldcup » Fri May 23, 2014 2:42 am

searoze wrote:
Goldcup wrote:i did an online application with barclays and i have a current account with them, but before opening my business a/c I have to go meet the manager on 5th june to show n verify my documents, thats a long wait, i want to open it asap n lloyds will take another 10-14 working days to open my account as mentioned in the application doc. just need to know how much time lloyds take to open a business a/c, is it really that long? if they take long then i might as well try some other banks.
If you have account with barclays then barclays is the best option for business account. You dont need to show visa or passport again. Just CAR if you are director. Visit a different branch and try to get appointment ASAP. You will get surley and another thing DO NOT try main branches like city centre. Try your local branch.
Good luck
yes i do have an account wid barclays,appointment is on 5th june. I jus hope they dont ask me for visa n stuff, but the guy i spoke to on phone wen booking my appointment he said even a provisional driving license is ok for identification.

Momi
United Kingdom

Post by Momi » Fri May 23, 2014 11:58 am

If you already have an account with Barclays then they will not ask for visa.