ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abc009
Newly Registered

Post by abc009 » Fri May 18, 2007 8:20 pm

My OCI for has been granted on 17/05/07...doccuments dispatched on 18/05/07...very soon i am going to have my OCI visa stamp on my red passport.

Applied for OCI by post on 10/04/2007
Date of acknowledgement is 11/04/2007
Visa has been granted on 17/05/2007
Doccuments dispatched to london on 18/05/07
Doccuments received at london--NOT YET

Naturalization Certification, Passport and OCI-- This entire process took exactly 3 MONTHS for me...

Friend

Post by Friend » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:15 pm

Hi,

I got my OCI

Date of Acknowledgement/scanned : 3 May 2007

Granted 30 May 07

Documents received at London 5 June 07

I sent the passports and received all back on 12 June 07.

I had a few sleepless nights (you can find why by looking at the previous posts) My heartfelt thanks to Dawie for the pragmatic reply.

Hope this post is useful to people who are in a predicament like me.

FRIEND

mr_pankaj

Post by mr_pankaj » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:46 pm

Dear Friends,

I applied for my Son's OCI in person (based on my Indian citizenship + my OCI) on 22nd May 2007 and from that day the website is showing the following,

Date Of Acknowledgment : 22-MAY-2007
Registration Status : UnderProcess
Photo/Signature --- Scanned --- On 22-MAY-2007

Wondering, if they need any document from me or is it the normal delay - I am concerned because the 'Online OCI enquiry' website says they process it within 30 days.

Does anybody has any recent experiences to share or has anybody recently got their OCI visa.

Thanks
--------------------------------
Peace,
Pan

mr_pankaj

any thoughts on my previous post ?

Post by mr_pankaj » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:56 am

anyone got any news abt it i.e. timeline for OCI these days ?
Peace,
Pan

blackpurple
Newly Registered

Post by blackpurple » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:56 am

Mr Pankaj,

I have aso got the same status and same dates. bit concerned about my application now.
although on 'Online OCI enquiry' it says 30 days but in general guidelines it says 12 weeks. Is there any contact numner for London High commission where people pick the phone up and reply to your queries?

so confused
Newly Registered

OCI fOR ME AND MY KIDS

Post by so confused » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:16 pm

Can anyway advise me...

I am and British and have British pass port, as do my two youg children. My father is indian but holds a British pass port and Mother has Indian pass port. My Husband is Indian and has Indian pass port, what i would like to know is can i apply for my OCI and kids OCI together on one application? And do i have to go to India house in person or can i send a relative with all documents? Do the documents have to be originals when submitted or all photocopies? I am also planning to travel to India in October... so if i dont here anything from Hci about my OCI , can i still travel with normal visa?

thankyou... please send me some advice

mahil_2000

Post by mahil_2000 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:21 pm

www.hcilondon.net All your answers are there.

8 to 12 weeks is the current timeline for OCI according to the High commission website.

so confused, read the instructions on the application and visit the high commission website. You could send a relative with all the documents I think, but read the instructions on the website. Firstly they have to be photocopies of all the documents. 2 copies of each supporting document. The instructions are all on the website OCI section on the right hand side. Yes you can still travel on your normal visa.

mr_pankaj

not sure ehat to do mate!

Post by mr_pankaj » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:57 pm

blackpurple, yeah me too is concerned whats going on there. Would you suggest that we go to HCI London personally to find out the status .... to be honest thats the last thing I want to do because I cant stand that stupid officer there ...... (sorry, just said what i felt).

My wife tried calling them too but like you said no-one cares to answer the phone there .... not sure what we should be doing.
May be lets hold on for some more time and then see if we need to go we need to ... no other choice !

thx
Peace,
Pan

blackpurple
Newly Registered

Post by blackpurple » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:12 am

Mr Pankaj, any news ??

kkarank
Newly Registered

Post by kkarank » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:23 pm

Hello All

I have just got my British Naturalization Certificate and will now be applying for the British Passport.

I am an Indian national and still hold an Indian Passport.I want to know if i can use it to travel to India ?Or do i have to surrender it and get an OCI stamp or a PIO card ?

Thanks!

Friend

Post by Friend » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:49 pm

kkarank wrote:Hello All

I have just got my British Naturalization Certificate and will now be applying for the British Passport.

I am an Indian national and still hold an Indian Passport.I want to know if i can use it to travel to India ?Or do i have to surrender it and get an OCI stamp or a PIO card ?

Thanks!

You need to surrender(cancel) the Indian passport and apply for OCI/PIO/VISA before you travel,

cheers

bubbles
Newly Registered

Post by bubbles » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:56 pm

Have they changed rules for photos ?

As per this link they allow 35x40 (UK Passport Standard)

http://mha.gov.in/oci/ICAO-Photo.pdf

And this link comes from : http://www.mha.nic.in/oci/Instructions.pdf , which says 35x35 , I am confused or do they want to confuse me ?

Go to : http://www.mha.nic.in/oci/oci-main.htm , then click on "Instructions for Filling Application Form " and in the PDF click on "Photo Link" .

If they are allowing 35x40 that will make life bit easier.

Please reply!

Friend

Post by Friend » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:29 pm

bubbles wrote:Have they changed rules for photos ?

As per this link they allow 35x40 (UK Passport Standard)

http://mha.gov.in/oci/ICAO-Photo.pdf

And this link comes from : http://www.mha.nic.in/oci/Instructions.pdf , which says 35x35 , I am confused or do they want to confuse me ?

Go to : http://www.mha.nic.in/oci/oci-main.htm , then click on "Instructions for Filling Application Form " and in the PDF click on "Photo Link" .

If they are allowing 35x35 that will make life bit easier.

Please reply!
I got the photos from the 'photo booth' sitting as far back as possible and trimmed the top and bottom bits to near 35*35 and posted the application to HCI London and there was no problem.

cheers

kkarank
Newly Registered

Post by kkarank » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:03 am

I have just got my UK naturalzation certificate and will now be applying for passport.Can i apply for OCI by just sending them a copy of this certificate ?On the list of documents required for OCI application as per the HCI london website,they require copy of UK passport.And i wont have it for at least another three weeks now as they have started an interview process for all first time UK passport applications.

Any advise ??

kkarank
Newly Registered

Post by kkarank » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:16 am

And also,when i try to apply online for the OCI (part A) it asks me for a 'Passport Number' - is that the Indian Passport number or the UK passport number ?What if i still havent got the UK passport and just have the naturalization certificate number ?

It is such a pity that the HCI employs such dumb bottleheads to prepare these forms - poor writing,poor instructions ...something so typical !

Friend

Post by Friend » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:23 pm

kkarank wrote:And also,when i try to apply online for the OCI (part A) it asks me for a 'Passport Number' - is that the Indian Passport number or the UK passport number ?What if i still havent got the UK passport and just have the naturalization certificate number ?

It is such a pity that the HCI employs such dumb bottleheads to prepare these forms - poor writing,poor instructions ...something so typical !

It is the British passport number and so you need a british passport before applying.

singhji
Newly Registered

Post by singhji » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:24 pm

hi
looking into applying for a OCI card on my mums indian citezanship during 1950s and 60s........however what documents would they accept in proving my relationship to my mother? .....

singhji
Newly Registered

Post by singhji » Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:54 pm

hi anyone also ever had a OCI interview??......I am hearing thst they call you in 4-5 times after application................I was under the impression that they call you in to hand in the application (15 tokens daily at London).then they review and let you know......I have heard from a respected travel agent who deals with the HCI that "expect to be called in at least 4-5 times for interviewing.........this could be expensive since I would have to take the day off and then drive all the was from Southend .........any truth to this?.......

ALSO PLEASE NOTE THE HCI LONDON DO NOT ACEPPT APPLICATIONS FOR OCI BY POST FROM 20/7/2007.......new notice on their website............you hvae to go in person or use an approved travel agent of ehich are listed on the site........

Thanks

Post72
Newly Registered

Post by Post72 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:22 pm

Seems like the list of travel agents posted in the hci london website is outdated. Most of them saying we are no longer processing the OIC cards. Guys any of you know the agents really do the OIC processing.

Thanks in advance
Post72

singhji
Newly Registered

Post by singhji » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:21 pm

anyone know/heard anything about the interviews you got to now sit for an OCI card??......or is it another made up ??
thanks......

Friend

Post by Friend » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:05 am

Post72 wrote:Seems like the list of travel agents posted in the hci london website is outdated. Most of them saying we are no longer processing the OIC cards. Guys any of you know the agents really do the OIC processing.

Thanks in advance
Post72
Only Visas need to go through travel agents. OCI can still be applied through post or in person (from the HCI website)

singhji
Newly Registered

Post by singhji » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:31 pm

no read the site properly.........they do NOT accept applications by post any longer in LONDON........Birmingham yes they do......also they have a new policy where you are invited to a grilling at least 4-5 times....i now know 2 applicants who have had interviews.......they seem to ask the same questions everytime.......a bit puzzling.......

Friend

Post by Friend » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:03 pm

[quote="singhji"]no read the site properly.........they do NOT accept applications by post any longer in LONDON........Birmingham yes they do......also they have a new policy where you are invited to a grilling at least 4-5 times....i now know 2 applicants who have had interviews.......they seem to ask the same questions everytime.......a bit puzzling.......[/quote

Please see this link

http://www.hcilondon.net/postal-applications.html

singhji
Newly Registered

Post by singhji » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:42 am

on Wednesday / Thursday this included OCIs.........looks like they changed site ..........so yes they fo now again accpet by post

Post72
Newly Registered

Post by Post72 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:12 pm

Yeah.

Seems like they are accepting OIC application over post now.

:)

Regards,
Post72