ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Retention Of EU treaty right and citizenship

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bluemoon2

Retention Of EU treaty right and citizenship

Post by bluemoon2 » Tue May 20, 2014 5:34 pm

Hello all members , i have one question relating to my current situation and want to get some clarification from the members if any one have any info , so making long story short , i came to Ireland in early 2009 as a spouse of EEA nation with him and after entering into the state , i applied for EU family residence card and was given 6 month residence card first in early 2009 and then 5 years residence card in late 2009 , in 2012 my marriage broke and we got divorce in june 2013 in her native country as we were married there, in late 2013 i applied for Eu treaty rights retension form 5 and got acknowledge letter from them after few weeks but its more than 6 months now and i didn,t hear anything from DOJ, i sent them two emails in last 50 days but no reply , and i sent them Registered letter 2 weeks ago but no reply so far , meanwhile i was eligible for citizenship application in early 2014 on the basis of my 5 years residency on stamp 4 EU family member card since early 2009 until early 2014 , so i applied for citizenship 6 weeks ago and got acknowlegde letter from citizenship section, so my question is , will the citizenship section process my application only after my EU form 5 application has processed OR citizenship section will process my application regardless of my EU form 5 application,s process ? Secondly , what will happened if i get my citizenship aproval letter while my EU form 5 application still hasn,t processed and is pending ? will i be able to get my citizenship ? my 5 years residence card expires in last week of July 2014 and i think i will get my citizenship aproval some time soon after my card expires and i won,t be able to get it renewed if i don,t get my EU form 5 application aproved.
i can,t afford a lawyer at the moment as they are very expensive and i don,t ahve that much spare cash.
Sorry for long post but i wanted to explain it in details to get accurate reply.
any help would be much appriciated.

janet0001

Re: Retention Of EU treaty right and citizenship

Post by janet0001 » Tue May 20, 2014 6:51 pm

Hi,

from what I've heard,you should be fine should every other things fall in place.You should have received a second stage confirmation letter by now.what date did you get the acknowledgement letter? it takes between 3-5 weeks to receive the 2nd stage letter and you seems to have indicated 6 weeks now.

bluemoon2

Post by bluemoon2 » Tue May 20, 2014 9:30 pm

Thanks Janet for your reply, i just checked my citizenship application acknowledge letter now , i got it on 24th April 2014 so its actually 4 weeks now, what is second stage letter? what does it mean ? and what happened if i get my citizenship aproval letter after my current garda card expires and i don,t get aproval for my EU form 5 , its mean i would be without garda card.

bluemoon2

Post by bluemoon2 » Wed May 21, 2014 6:31 am

any more ideas please ?

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Wed May 21, 2014 9:18 am

Second stage means that DOJ will carry out detail checks about ur application, Garda clearence etc etc. Next stage would be that ur file would be sent to the Minister for approval.
Good Luck

bluemoon2

Post by bluemoon2 » Wed May 21, 2014 11:56 am

thanks calvin, anyone have idea about my " visa expires in 2 months time " part of the question please?

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Wed May 21, 2014 12:56 pm

A friend of mine was in a similar situation like u. He got his citizenship approval and he sent his expired GNIB card which was accepted and got invitation to the ceremony. Just send ur GNIB card no matter if ur card is expirted or not and dont say anything about it to DOJ.
So pray for ur approval ASAP.

bluemoon2

Post by bluemoon2 » Wed May 21, 2014 1:39 pm

Thanks calvin again for quick response , when did he got his aproval ? recently or a while ago? how long it took him for aproval? so i can guess my time of aproval as well, i don,t have any offence even trafic offence , i didn,t take any benefit in the state ever since i came to ireland , working all the time so expecting my aproval soon assuming my case is straight forward.