ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing college

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ahsan888
Newly Registered

Changing college

Post by Ahsan888 » Tue May 20, 2014 10:01 pm

Hi all can someone please advice me or share his experience
i came on ACCA in 2011 after strugling with it i changed my course as i have background of business study. i got my visa in Nov 2013
2 weeks ago Home office suspended my college. i wish to apply for university can i do so? i heard you cant unless your college is revoked.
what is the differnce between suspended and revoked? as my college told me they will be back on home office tier 4 list soon but i dont belive them.

shaq1

Re: Changing college

Post by shaq1 » Thu May 22, 2014 9:38 am

There is no rule saying that you can't change your educational institute if they are suspended and not revoked. You can change your college or university any time if you are not happy or for any other reason.

You have to let your college know that you are applying for university. You have to give them details of your university and the course you will study. Make an application, keep a copy and submit it to the college. By the way you will require your last progression from your college.

searoze

Post by searoze » Thu May 22, 2014 10:40 am

i wish to apply for university can i do so? i heard you cant unless your college is revoked.
You can change any time but you have to show progress from previous course

what is the differnce between suspended and revoked? as my college told me they will be back on home office tier 4 list soon but i dont belive them
Suspended means temporarily suspended. During suspension they cant recruit more students but the student they already have can study as normal unless its revoked. HO keeps suspending college's licence for tiny reasons but institute comes back on list once the problem or complaint rectified.
Mistakes are the portals of discovery.
Please correct me if am wrong

Ahsan888
Newly Registered

Post by Ahsan888 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:50 am

Thank you guys searoze n shaq1 appriciate your reply. i applied in university and they said, they need to see my curtailment letter from home office. only then they can process my application. the reason they told me is :

The main problem is that you have had two CAS letters for courses at Level 7, which is why we need something official which states that the college has had their licence suspended. You have to be able to show the UKVI that you are progressing. And taking another level 7 course is a sideways step. However if you can get an official letter we may be able to approve progression.

Kind Regards,
Daniel Griffiths
Administrative Assistant
International Office

I still dont get it why its so hard any suggestion Please?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:59 am

It's so hard because there are unfortunately many students who try to extend their stay as students in the hope they can stay indefinitely with no real intention of studying which is why they brought in rules on academic progression and the 5 year limit. If your college has been suspended then surely you can provide them evidence of this?