ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Not eligible for tax credit anymore?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

LoveMyBaby786

Not eligible for tax credit anymore?

Post by LoveMyBaby786 » Thu May 22, 2014 11:26 am

My husband came over on his spouse visa in march.
Before he came I was getting child taxcredit.
I called them up told them husband is over, she sent a claim form which I filled in on monday and a letter came 3 days later saying I am not entitles to child tax credit/working tax credit.
Husband works minimum wage 30 hours a week which is roughly £185 a week. I dont work as i stay home looking after our young son plus another on the way in a couple of months.
Is this right? Am I not entitles to even claim child tax credit anymore and what is the reason? I know on his passport it says no recourse to public funds is this why?
I get child benefit in my account but I save that foe my son I dont touch a penny.
so confused as to how we are meant to survive on £185 a week :/

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Not eligible for tax credit anymore?

Post by Amber » Thu May 22, 2014 11:31 am

Tax credits should be a joint claim. If you are not happy with the decision then ask for a reconsideration within 30 days of when the Tax Credit Office sent you their decision.

See also, the calculator (click) to see what you should be entitled to.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

LoveMyBaby786

Post by LoveMyBaby786 » Thu May 22, 2014 11:48 am

I know the thing thats confusing me is I was sent a claim form pack which I only just posted on monday and I got a letter today which is 3 days later saying I am not entitled. How can they send me a response so quickly?
Could the letter I recieved today be from when I called up last week to tell them of changes in my circumstances that Im closing my single claim and making a joint claim?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu May 22, 2014 12:01 pm

Yes, it will be. But ring them to confirm.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

LoveMyBaby786

Post by LoveMyBaby786 » Thu May 22, 2014 12:10 pm

Amber_ wrote:Yes, it will be. But ring them to confirm.
Im so stupid I didnt read the date on that letter it says 15th may so obviously it was sent after my phone call to them and not the new decision they made as I sent the claim form on 19th may. My bad