ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Switch to Tier 4 Dependant Problem

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

westwood
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Switch to Tier 4 Dependant Problem

Post by westwood » Thu May 22, 2014 12:40 pm

Dear All,

My wife is currently under Tier 2 general visa and I am under Tier 4 student, we got married earlier this month and we are thinking to switch her T2 to my T4 dependant.

However we are not so sure that how much maintenance she needs to show Home Office, since she is applying separately does she need to show 5400 (though my uni is not in London we are currently living in London so just in case) in her bank account for 28 days, or does she needs to show the maintenance for both of us which is 5400+7200 (I may have lost my established presence since my previous Visa application got refused)? I read the guidance but there was nowhere that has mentioned if she needs to show the maintenance for her own or for both of us.

Thank you all in advance.

westwood
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 Switch to Tier 4 Dependant Problem

Post by westwood » Fri May 23, 2014 5:46 pm

Hi does anyone know this? Thank you.