ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shahjee1234

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu May 22, 2014 11:53 am

Hardikjshah83 wrote:

ya - u r right she has applied in January - so should be under the old rules, i will hv to speak to my solicitor - and should take his ideas. will let you know.. good luck with ur application.
Thanks buddy, I hope you sort it out soon. Take care.
Kind regards
Shahjee
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

faisaltanoli

Post by faisaltanoli » Thu May 22, 2014 12:40 pm

Shahjee1234

Let Start the new thread. I think topic name should be easily identifiable so concern people will identify it easily.
Thanks
Regards
M Faisal
shahjee1234 wrote:
faisaltanoli wrote:Hello Shahjee1234,
I totally agree with you. I do not think courage is an issue, but I am not sure how much money it will cost. I think effecties of this rule can jointly challenge this rule. In past HSMP case was won by the joint venture of effecties of that particular rule. I am happy to pay burden of my share, if other people are happy to participate. We need to find a right barrister and challenge the rule.
I am just thinking what will be the best way to bring people together. If you guys have any suggestion please come forward and let us know.
Thanks

Regards

M Faisal

Hi Faisal,
That is the right way forward. I would suggest to start a new thread here asking for any one who are willing to pool in, and join the cause and frankly you guys got a valid case and as I said before it is arbitrary on part of the Home Office to shift the goal post at the 11th hour like this, they have no legal grounds to discriminate the dependants of the LR applicants like this. I wish you all the best.
Kind regards
Shahjee

faisaltanoli

Post by faisaltanoli » Thu May 22, 2014 1:10 pm

I have created new thread.

ILR for Dependent (LR) pre July 2012...Rule needs challenge

Hello,
This thread is created to consolidate the efforts of applicant who are dependent of Settled person through (LR) and are in UK since before 09 July 2012 and applying for FLR(M) after 06 April 2014.
Given the fact that they are in the UK before 09 July 2009 and were PBS dependent so their leave before July 2012 should be amalgamate into their final application. UKVI brought new policies which stop dependent (LR) for applying ILR next five years.
We think that we need to fight this issue and if required should go the court.
All the concern people should join us.

Thanks

Regards
M Faisal

khanzada123

Post by khanzada123 » Thu May 22, 2014 1:32 pm

How to join this thread

khanzada123

Post by khanzada123 » Thu May 22, 2014 1:34 pm

How to join this thread

faisaltanoli

Post by faisaltanoli » Thu May 22, 2014 1:39 pm

just share your comments
khanzada123 wrote:How to join this thread

khanzada123

Post by khanzada123 » Thu May 22, 2014 1:51 pm

Ok thanks....I am ready to share the cost.

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu May 22, 2014 1:59 pm

khanzada123 wrote:Ok thanks....I am ready to share the cost.
That is great to know Khanzada, although I have a different case but I will make sure to bring attention of the concerned members to join you guys.
@ Faisal, look you started alone, and now Khanzada is with you, there are many other that need to join you. Hope you guys get it sorted.
Kind regards
Shahjee

total_siyappa
Newly Registered

Post by total_siyappa » Thu May 22, 2014 2:02 pm

I would be interested to join you guys but no sign of any good news from anyone since morning about ILR, could people please update if anyone got approved thanks.

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Thu May 22, 2014 2:15 pm

hi All could anyone help me out sincerely with my queries which am really unable to find the best advice.
Am about to apply for indefinite leave to remain under 10 years long residence and i have following questions in my mind.
1-the total number of days excluding date of departure and arrival date i have spent outside UK are 528 days.Do i still qualify?
2-when counting days by ukba,do they count date left UK and date returned to the UK?
3-how many days in a month counts by ukba?
4-when counting February,does ukba count only 28 or 29 days or full 30 days and same when counts any month of 31 days,do they count actually 31 days or 30 days.
5-i left the UK on 26th of February and came back on 10th of march so how many days i shall be considered outside UK

option(A):13days(including date left and returned option(b) 12 days(considering February 29 days option(c) 13days(treating February 30 days.

i would really appreciate if somebody help me out with my queries.Thanks

faisaltanoli

Post by faisaltanoli » Thu May 22, 2014 2:38 pm

Thanks Shahjee1234 and Khanzada123. Yes, indeed as we are in same boat so we have save it by ourselves.
shahjee1234 wrote:
khanzada123 wrote:Ok thanks....I am ready to share the cost.
That is great to know Khanzada, although I have a different case but I will make sure to bring attention of the concerned members to join you guys.
@ Faisal, look you started alone, and now Khanzada is with you, there are many other that need to join you. Hope you guys get it sorted.
Kind regards
Shahjee

faisaltanoli

Post by faisaltanoli » Thu May 22, 2014 2:44 pm

Hello,

I think moderator have merge my thread into already existing thread namely
"pre july 2012 PBS dependants - Petition"

I am happy with it as long as it serve the purpose.

Regards
Faisal

moonway

Post by moonway » Thu May 22, 2014 2:53 pm

Hi
How to join new thread pls

faisaltanoli

Post by faisaltanoli » Thu May 22, 2014 3:04 pm

moonway wrote:Hi
How to join new thread pls
Just go the the thread and share your comments
"pre july 2012 PBS dependants - Petition"

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Thu May 22, 2014 3:06 pm

hi is there anyone who could sort me out with my query as i have tried my level best but could not find out.
i am about to apply for 10 years long residency visa but i am facing difficulties in absences.the only thing which i want to ask is that if you are outside uk for any 31 days month,then will ukba will treat it 31 days outside uk or 30 days.

i shall appreciate if i get some solid reply

cable123
Newly Registered

Post by cable123 » Thu May 22, 2014 5:17 pm

Hi,

Someone can help please!
I granted ILR in 1-Apr-14, on long residence and I managed to apply for my wife on 5-Apr-14 and granted FLR(M) for 2 years on 14-May-14.
My wife came UK on 8-Aug-2011, so I beleive she come under old PBS dependent rule.

My wife away from UK 2 times (1st time for 40 days and 2nd time for 8months) I wonder if I still can apply SET(M) for her or should I wait 2 years due to long break? any suggestion or advise welcome.

Good luck for people waiting!

deboye13
Newly Registered

Post by deboye13 » Thu May 22, 2014 5:58 pm

HELP PEOPLE!!!!!!!!

got my visa through the post, but it wasnt what i was expecting, instead of giving me my ILR it was refused and instead i was given descretionary leave to remin for 3 years? i dont know how that works seeing as the form i applied with is only for ilr applications (set o) i pail £1051 which also ilr fee but was given a visa that only cost around £600, and on thenotice of decision letter it says i have no rght of appeal, also i wasnt given a reason why my ilr was refused, all itsay is the secretary of state is not satisfied that your application is for a purpose covered by imigration rules. thats not even a proper reason, can anyone whos been in this situation help or anyone who thinks they can help as i have no idea what to do.

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Thu May 22, 2014 6:21 pm

deboye13 wrote:HELP PEOPLE!!!!!!!!

got my visa through the post, but it wasnt what i was expecting, instead of giving me my ILR it was refused and instead i was given descretionary leave to remin for 3 years? i dont know how that works seeing as the form i applied with is only for ilr applications (set o) i pail £1051 which also ilr fee but was given a visa that only cost around £600, and on thenotice of decision letter it says i have no rght of appeal, also i wasnt given a reason why my ilr was refused, all itsay is the secretary of state is not satisfied that your application is for a purpose covered by imigration rules. thats not even a proper reason, can anyone whos been in this situation help or anyone who thinks they can help as i have no idea what to do.
Hi deboye,
Please let us know did you have a straight forward case or were there any issues ?? Thanks
Shahjee

sajjadali707

Post by sajjadali707 » Thu May 22, 2014 6:24 pm

Hi dear
That is not a good news at all.
Did you have any criminal conviction which is not spent yet.
For example any road or traffic offence or any county court judgment.
Further you mentioned the you applied through set (o) but in February the correct application for long residency was set lr.
Please explain in detail that your case was straightforward or was there any descrepancy.
Application sent 11/02/2014
Ackn dated. 12/02/2014
Ackn received. 17/02/2014
Bio letter dated. 05/03/2014
Bio letter rcvd. 13/03/2014
Biometric done. 13/03/2014
Approval dated 17/06/2014
BRP received 19/06/2014

deboye13
Newly Registered

Post by deboye13 » Thu May 22, 2014 6:52 pm

sajjadali707 wrote:

Hi dear
Further you mentioned the you applied through set (o) but in February the correct application for long residency was set lr.
Please explain in detail that your case was straightforward or was there any descrepancy.
hi, thanks so much for ur reply. it was all straight forward. i had no criminal conviction, never been in trouble with the police or anyone, i applied though set o as advised by my solicitor and if it was the wrong form im assuming they would have sent it back, im angry at the fact i paid for ilr but was giving leave to remain and basically given a letter telling me i cant appeal it, my solicitors saying hes going to write to them and see what thier reply is.

March_LR14

Post by March_LR14 » Thu May 22, 2014 6:53 pm

Another quiet day. what's wrong with HO. looks like much of the staff took long holidays since the easter break.

I wish there was some way where we could see the progress of our case. At least that would have given us some hope that our case is not sitting in some one's draw and it is actually been looked at.

This whole process of holding applicant's passport for months is shambolic.

sajjadali707

Post by sajjadali707 » Thu May 22, 2014 6:58 pm

deboye13 wrote:
sajjadali707 wrote:

Hi dear
hi, thanks so much for ur reply. it was all straight forward. i had no criminal conviction, never been in trouble with the police or anyone, i applied though set o as advised by my solicitor and if it was the wrong form im assuming they would have sent it back, im angry at the fact i paid for ilr but was giving leave to remain and basically given a letter telling me i cant appeal it, my solicitors saying hes going to write to them and see what thier reply is.
Set o application wasn't correct application form at all.
But you r right that why they didn't raised the query for correct application form.

Deboye
There should be some reason they gave to you.
Could you please share with us as we got worried now about our case.
Application sent 11/02/2014
Ackn dated. 12/02/2014
Ackn received. 17/02/2014
Bio letter dated. 05/03/2014
Bio letter rcvd. 13/03/2014
Biometric done. 13/03/2014
Approval dated 17/06/2014
BRP received 19/06/2014

shantha

Post by shantha » Thu May 22, 2014 8:08 pm

Hi Deboye,
Sorry to hear you get refused your ILR. Its seems to me you and your lawyer did big mistake applying using set(o) form. It should be set(lr). Otherwise they would give you detailed reason for refusal. Because I don't believe you are totally open with us on this matter. Please give us more details. So we can help you.

deboye13
Newly Registered

Post by deboye13 » Thu May 22, 2014 8:43 pm

shantha wrote:

Hi Deboye,
Sorry to hear you get refused your ILR. Its seems to me you and your lawyer did big mistake applying using set(o) form. It should be set(lr). Otherwise they would give you detailed reason for refusal. Because I don't believe you are totally open with us on this matter. Please give us more details. So we can help you.
i've given all the details, the didnt give me a reason this is the main reason im frustrated, if i was given a reason the i would try to fix it or understand thier decision, but the fact they havent is what is annoying me.

khani

Post by khani » Thu May 22, 2014 9:08 pm

strange and worrying if your was the straight forward case, HO should have given you the reason for this. please share the detail if you know.