ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Member Permit Revoked? Urgent Advice please.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

holla007

EEA Family Member Permit Revoked? Urgent Advice please.

Post by holla007 » Fri May 23, 2014 10:36 am

Hi Guys,

I had once posted an article in relation to a friend whose HO withheld her EEA Family Member Permit after the HO came to her house while she was out and they met her friend who claimed to be her and gave the HO staff my friends passport because shes got no leave to remain in the UK.

To cut the long story short, her uncle was able to trace the lawyer and several letters were written to the HO and they also met with thier MP to write a letter to the HO. Finally, they got a letter from the HO saying that her EEA family permit have been revoked because she admitted to them that she did not know the name and the address of her uncle who is a EEA national, and that she had moved out of her uncles house and she does not have any pending application with the HO, she should return to her country, though the letter was received through the MP because the lawyer letters were not responded to.

The truth here is that she was not the person that claimed to be her when the HO staff came because she was not at home and it was her friend who tried to impersonate her because she has no valid visa that admitted that she did not know the name and address of the uncle and that she has moved out of her friend uncles house, again the HO staff also took the finger print of this her friend that claimed to be her that same day they came to the house.
More so, she has never received any letter or correspondence from the HO ever since the EEA permit have been removed from her house and they do not leave any documentations for her personally on what she can do before she can get her passport back then according to her friend except that they instructed her friend to be coming to their office to sign in which she believe her friend ran away and never went to the office to sign. so, the only and the first letter that she got about the passport so far from the HO was on 20 May 2014 through the MP office, it was stated on the letter that the passport was removed on the 23 April 2013 and it was revoked on 14 August 2013 in which she did not receive any letter from the HO at all, and more so she had gone to the police station to report lost of the passport on 21 June 2013 that was two months after she could not trace the passport to anywhere,.

The question now is with the fact that she was not the person the HO met at home when they came into tho property with the finger print of that person taking that day, does she have any case against the HO? and is it possible for this revoked EEA permit to be reinstated? and if the uncle change his mind to help her, what can they do within this short notice, or is thier any special thing that the MP can do to assist further? the uncle who did the EEA permit has been located back but does not know what to do as the lawyer who made the initial application is on holiday and out of town.

Please guys, i know there are so many gurus and genius in this house, i will appreciate all efforts and candid advice please! please!! please!!! help the lost child.

dalebutt

Re: EEA Family Member Permit Revoked? Urgent Advice please.

Post by dalebutt » Fri May 23, 2014 10:41 am

When you say EEA family member permit, did you mean EEA Residence card or EEA family permit?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri May 23, 2014 10:51 am

Revocation of Residence Card, carries a right of appeal, before the revocation can be effected.

UKBA should have granted a right of appeal.

In the absence of a right of appeal, she should seek a judicial review.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

holla007

Post by holla007 » Fri May 23, 2014 2:19 pm

Thanks Guys, I know I could always count on you at any time. The visa was " Residence Card of a Family member of an EEA National".
Like I said earlier she got no letter from the HO, the only evidence she got now is the letter from the MP and there is case reference number and no mention of any appeal on the letter, so guys, I will appreciate if there is a way to proceed from here, don't forget the letter says the it was revoked since august 2013. How can she file for appeal with no case reference number and is it going to be to the HO or the Tribunal. Thanks guys.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri May 23, 2014 3:13 pm

Was it the passport that was revoked or the residence permit contained in it.

On whay basis was it revoked.

A proper detailed letter should be written to UKBA seeking answers to these question and threating Judicial review if the answer is not forthcoming.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

holla007

Post by holla007 » Fri May 23, 2014 6:42 pm

Hi Obie, it was the residence permit that was revoked and the passport was sent back to her embassy in London, all though she had declared the passport missing at the police station and she had also gotten another New passport before the date they said they revoked the permit and passport sent to her embassy in London.
According to their letter that was sent to the MP, they said because she admitted that she had move away from her uncle's house and moreso she did not know the name and address of her uncle when they asked her, but unfortunately it was her roommate that they met at home and they took the finger print of her friend that day, she was not there and she never receive any letter from them whatsoever.

Like I said before, the HO never respond to any of her message including the onces from her lawyer, and please how do you think she can initiate a judiciary review on this matter?