ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 form queries -please reply!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

xyz111
BANNED

MN1 form queries -please reply!

Post by xyz111 » Fri May 23, 2014 11:25 am

Hi,

Could please someone help me with evidence for MN1 form

1. I am comfortable with filling out MN1 form, I am still recommended to use NCS services? They are charging around £170 for me and partner!

2. My passport which was used as identity document as well as for ILR and other application has been expired January 2014. I do have valid overseas Pakistani ID card, will I have to send both documents as part of my ID or just send one of them?!

3. My MSc degree was taught in English from UK and I used it for my Tier 1 and ILR application, Do I need to send this degree as part of English language evidence.

4. My wife passed IELTS do I need to send pass certificate as part of her application for English language evidence.

5. Do I need to send marriage certificate as evidence as evidence for our partnership?

6. Does form has to be printed single sided or double?

7. Which postal service should I use?

Many thanks.

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Re: MN1 form queries -please reply!

Post by shahid2000 » Fri May 23, 2014 11:43 am

I dont understand why you need all these things for MN1. Can you please clarify who exactly is applying and for what?

xyz111
BANNED

Post by xyz111 » Fri May 23, 2014 12:02 pm

shahid2000 wrote:I dont understand why you need all these things for MN1. Can you please clarify who exactly is applying and for what?
I am applyig for British Citizenship for me and wif!. This is based on 1 year work permit +4 years Tier 1 (G) visa +1 year ILR for me and 3 years spouce visa for wife!!

Many thanks.

go2khurram
Member of Standing

Post by go2khurram » Fri May 23, 2014 12:19 pm

xyz111 wrote: 1. I am comfortable with filling out MN1 form, I am still recommended to use NCS services? They are charging around £170 for me and partner!
If you have no plan to visit abroad then you don't to use NCS Service. But you have to send all original documents to home office while NCS Service return your original document after certifying
xyz111 wrote: 2. My passport which was used as identity document as well as for ILR and other application has been expired January 2014. I do have valid overseas Pakistani ID card, will I have to send both documents as part of my ID or just send one of them?!
You don't need to be worry about your expired passport, just sent the expired one, No overs ease card need to be sent. But which ever the identifying document you used in your Life in UK test, you have to send that.
xyz111 wrote: 3. My MSc degree was taught in English from UK and I used it for my Tier 1 and ILR application, Do I need to send this degree as part of English language evidence.
Yes, You have to send the degree again.
xyz111 wrote: 4. My wife passed IELTS do I need to send pass certificate as part of her application for English language evidence.
Yes, you have to sent original IELTS certificate
xyz111 wrote: 5. Do I need to send marriage certificate as evidence as evidence for our partnership?
Not required
xyz111 wrote: 6. Does form has to be printed single sided or double?
You have to prove that you are environment friendly so better get print on both side :)
xyz111 wrote: 7. Which postal service should I use?
It doesn't matter ... You can also use the private courier service if you want but Royal Mail will do your job happily.
Many thanks.[/quote]
*please do not take this as professional advice**

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Fri May 23, 2014 12:26 pm

A couple of points here.
1. As far as I know MN1 is the wrong form for you, you probably need AN1.
2. Based on your reply I don't think your wife can apply for citizenship yet, I suggest you make sure she fulfils eligibility criteria for residence before you spend the money.

For your questions, see below in blue.
xyz111 wrote:Hi,

Could please someone help me with evidence for MN1 form

1. I am comfortable with filling out MN1 form, I am still recommended to use NCS services? They are charging around £170 for me and partner!
Sounds a bit expensive, try some other council, normall its around 50-55 per person. You dont have to use NCS if you dont want to but there is the obvious advantage that you can keep your originals with you. Personally I would recommend using NCS.

2. My passport which was used as identity document as well as for ILR and other application has been expired January 2014. I do have valid overseas Pakistani ID card, will I have to send both documents as part of my ID or just send one of them?!
I don't know if you can use NICOP but regardless you will have to send your passport with your application anyway to prove lawfull residence for last 5 years. I strongly suggest you renew your passport and then send it.
If you are sending a valid passport then you dont have to send NICOP.

3. My MSc degree was taught in English from UK and I used it for my Tier 1 and ILR application, Do I need to send this degree as part of English language evidence.
Yes

4. My wife passed IELTS do I need to send pass certificate as part of her application for English language evidence.
She has to provide some evidence. IELTS will be acceptable.

5. Do I need to send marriage certificate as evidence as evidence for our partnership?
Don't Know

6. Does form has to be printed single sided or double?
ok now you are worrying needlessly :-) It does not matter.

7. Which postal service should I use?
Either use NCS or Royal Mail or some other courier if you want. It's up to you.

Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 23, 2014 3:11 pm

xyz111 wrote:I am applyig for British Citizenship for me and wif!. This is based on 1 year work permit +4 years Tier 1 (G) visa +1 year ILR for me and 3 years spouce visa for wife!!
Many thanks.
Your wife only qualifies on 3 years residence as spouse of BC once you are British. She should apply once you have attended your ceremony and received your certificate.

There is no discount for applying as a couple, each person has their own form and the full fee is payable for each applicant.

And the form is AN not MN1, which is for children under 18.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

xyz111
BANNED

Post by xyz111 » Fri May 23, 2014 4:05 pm

Thanks.

Oh! I see that my wife can not apply for BC straight away!
My referees are signing the forms now for my wife as well so I should stop them. Should I?

Thanks.

go2khurram
Member of Standing

Post by go2khurram » Fri May 23, 2014 4:10 pm

xyz111 wrote:Thanks.

Oh! I see that my wife can not apply for BC straight away!
My referees are signing the forms now for my wife as well so I should stop them. Should I?

Thanks.
if you wife has completed 5 years in this country then she can apply with you now, but if she has not yet completed 5 year yet then she can apply right after the day you got your naturalization certificate provided she has complete 3 years or more at the time.
*please do not take this as professional advice**